I think I want to be a vigilante | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I think I want to be a vigilante

Yep. Commuting home on Wednesday I was in the middle lane on Sheppard going east before Leslie. Jeep came right into my lane, i was in the right tire track so I stayed put. Turned my head and gave him what the heck hand sign, followed by 2 fingers pointing at my eyes. He honks his horn and stays in the lane inches from my left knee.

Road opens up so I move into the right lane and proceed on to stop at leslie. Guy moves into the right turning lane and stops besides me and yells something at me with his girl yelling as well and wagging her finger at me. I kill the music and move closer to his window and say whats up. He goes on a rant about how we both merged into the lane at the same time because he saw me in his mirror. He's about to repeat himself when I point out I had been in that lane for 2 blocks already, so obviously I had the right of way and if he had bothered to use his mirror he would have seen all this. He thought about this for a second, said okay then and drove off.

This is why I have a camera running every time I get on the bike.

This is why I have a camera running every time I get on the bike.

I am beginning to believe this should be a necessary accessory for all vehicles. There is too much frustration and stupid out there.

I mentioned at the lunch table the other day that I'm quite prejudiced towards some people, and my colleagues were shocked until I explained that I don't want to get killed or seriously injured when riding my motorcycle, so I have a list of cars and drivers that I am more suspicious-of.

I am sure Acura MDX's (SUV) must be on this list. Everyone one of those drives like idiots.

I have a list of cars and drivers that I am more suspicious-of.

Anything with a Toyota or Lexus badge is going to be slow off the line and may not look changing lanes. Same with Honda CRVs.

would love to see this listing.
#1. Gold Corollas
#2. All other Corollas....

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Glad your ok, when stuff like this happens I try to see it as just another thing I have to weave and dodge . For me it's not worth trying to educate drivers never mind you don't know who's gonna get out of a car.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

And don’t forget the motorbikers. I thought that I read somewhere that 99% of cruiser riders are buttholes.

Vehicles to be extra careful around:

1. White panel vans
2. Honda Civics
3. Any import cars with aftermarket rims and spoiler
4. Old domestic cars, especially K-cars
5. Expensive German luxury cars
6. SUVs
7. All Toyotas
8. Vehicles with doors and wheels

This is why we should all be carrying guns.

Some priceless quotes here (especially Face and Nobbie) and all bang on but like I've been saying for years, the average IQ of the population is on a downward spiral. And it's not from the birthrate.

Obviously drivers in Ontario are too dumb and selfish to pay attention to painted lines on HOV lanes.

They need to be physically divided (ideally with spike strips :) ).

Ummm, are we talking about physically dividing the lanes? or the drivers ;)

I just about lost it today. On my way to the office I was travelling west on HWY7 between Birchmount and Warden. There are 2 regular lanes and an HOV lane, I was riding in the open HOV lane the other 2 lanes dead stop. Suddenly this tool in the middle darts from a stop into the HOV lane about 20 feet in front of me. I'm travelling about 55KMH (70 zone) as I always slow when the lane adjacent to the HOV lane is stopped. Fortunately I was able to swerve between the left side of his car and the other lane of traffic... a fraction of a second later and i'd have been up an over the rear of his car.

Defensive/evasive moves have become a part of my daily routine. I started riding with touring bags on my bikes too see if that would make them more noticeable -- nope. I'm getting so fed up I feel like becoming a vigilante who punishes careless drivers.

I wouldn’t hesitate to kick a door when deserved

I wouldn’t hesitate to kick a door when deserved

if this is in retaliation to something that happened prior
the outcome can be pretty bad for the rider:

cager is very likely to put you down
bike wrecked
rider injured
rider eats a careless charge
insurance goes to the stratosphere

it just ain't worth it, road rage
rider can rarely win at this

Back