Rider sideswiped at O'Connor and St Clair

Thread: Rider sideswiped at O'Connor and St Clair

Rider sideswiped at O'Connor and St Clair

Saw a Honda CBR parked up on the sidewalk on the NW side of O'Connor and St Clair, and paramedics blocking the road. By the looks of the bike it didn't seem too serious, which the news story seems to confirm. But yet another hit and run.

https://www.cp24.com/news/garbage-tr...lice-1.3984522

GWS rider.

Re: Rider sideswiped at O'Connor and St Clair

Hope the rider is OK. I wonder when the justice system will start treating hit and runs with the seriousness that they deserve (especially when they involve "professional" drivers)?

Garbage truck? Will probably just claim he didn't know cause it's a big truck and the bike so small.

Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    Garbage truck? Will probably just claim he didn't know cause it's a big truck and the bike so small.
    Not knowing could be an understandable claim. Regardless, I hope the rider is going to be OK.

Further discussions would have to be in the legal or general sections of the forum.

God, another hit & run. Hope the rider is ok.

Time to install a GoPro on the bike.
    2014 FLHR Road King

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

The rider is my coworker. He's a new rider this season and the CBR500 is his first bike. The good news is that he is alive and gets some time off from work after being released from the hospital. The bad news is that he sustained some serious road rash along with severe bruising on one of his legs and butt. He wears gear so that minimized the damage.

Everyone be safe out there. Big trucks and vehicles with reduced blind spot visibility can make us accidental targets.

Quote Originally Posted by 88-ninjas View Post
    The rider is my coworker. He's a new rider this season and the CBR500 is his first bike. The good news is that he is alive and gets some time off from work after being released from the hospital. The bad news is that he sustained some serious road rash along with severe bruising on one of his legs and butt. He wears gear so that minimized the damage.

Everyone be safe out there. Big trucks and vehicles with reduced blind spot visibility can make us accidental targets.
    send him some love from the forum.

GWS rider

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by inreb

His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools.

Glad rider is ok. GWS. Hope they catch the truck driver. Majority of GTA drivers have dash cams these days. Perhaps some good samaritan would come forward with the footage incriminating the truck driver.

Gws Rider

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Thanks for the update! I second @nearace, send him some forum love! If he commutes through that way regularly, I look forward to seeing him back on the road again soon.

is it a white with red/blue striped cbr500?

Quote Originally Posted by iblastoff View Post
    is it a white with red/blue striped cbr500?
    It was, yes

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk