Pannier advice | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pannier advice

Wow. The biggest pack I have ever done is 140l, that was on my Goldwing. That included 24 cans of beer, and my the top box was still empty... I could have loaded another 100 cans.

I can go anywhere with 100l of pack including camping gear.

I need to take some packing lessons from you. I will admit that I could downsize the top case, but it's super convenient for random stuff that I like to have easily accessible like food, water, heated gear, laptop, etc.

I'm so happy to have a good set of hard cases for my bike.

Givi top and side racks. Givi V46L top case and two Givi 22L side cases.

I had the same setup when I rented a bike in Japan:

I've had a good set of Ogio soft side bags and they ripped at the seams on the 2nd day of a long road trip.

Also the ease of just latching and unlatching your luggage at the end of day of riding can't be beat.

I have a full set of GIVI panniers along with the SW Motech quick release system. The SW hardware isn't friendly on the wallet, but it can be removed from the bike in a few seconds so I don't have to ride around with large ugly brackets when I don't have the panniers attached.

I had a similar setup on my ZX-14 and then on my 2013 Ninja 1000. Used the same V35 bags - just bought new Motech brackets for that bike. They work really well and pop off and on easily (the brackets and the bags).

Rob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn, those look great!
I definitely wouldn't hesitate to buy a set of those if I didn't have my other gear.
That type of roll-top dry bag work wonders for camping.

I'm so happy to have a good set of hard cases for my bike.

Givi top and side racks. Givi V46L top case and two Givi 22L side cases.

Rented a Bonneville with E22's once. Those bags had been to hell and back but somehow were still in one piece.

The small size made it great for lane splitting, not so great for packing. I think was able to get 2/3rds of my 46L pack in them.

mvVe7vch.jpg

Back
Top Bottom