American boycott | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

American boycott

Although I expect to be having more time to ride in the near future, I have little desire to travel in the US. We've met a lot of really nice intelligent Americans while travelling abroad, but people who actually get out and explore the world are less likely to accept the racist, f..k the rest of the world attitude that is currently presiding in M'ercca. Personally, I think the US has always been a divided country, but Trump has tapped into that scary undercurrent and given them licence to say what they really think and wave their guns at anyone who disagrees. I even know some intelligent Americans who support Trump. They say the system of government leading up to the last election was so corrupt, run by super-pacs, etc, that they're prepared to put up with and even support the stupid stuff in order to achieve a broader shake-up of the system. But the sad thing is, Americans on both sides of the debate strongly support their military, and the right to invade/influence any other country/culture so long as its in the best interest of the US. That, and the sucking exchange rate will probably keep us out for a while. A real shame considering there are some amazing places I'd really like to see and ride.

unless its for work, I don't let the political climate influence my travel. I go to see stuff and meet new people, and then I come home.

As long as its safe to travel and I'm not riding into a war zone, I'll go. Yes the US dollar is punishing but there is nothing like Zion, Yellowstone or the Gandcanyon here so....

There is certainly beautiful scenery and wonderful riding roads in northern Ontario - but try crawling through traffic to get there. Even the EDRs for the 400 and 410 are clogged on weekends and long weekends. I used to try leaving early on Fridays but now seems like the whole of the GTA does that too - lol. Then deal with the cottage country traffic once you get there.

This is one of the really nice things about living in Cottage Country. No crawling through traffic, no boring 2hr rides to get to the good roads. 507 is like 30min from my door!

There’s plenty of spectacular roads and scenery in the western provinces.

There’s no need to go to the USA for it if you’re west (IE, Grand Canyon / Yellowstone) region already.

10 years ago right now we were on an RV trip that took us to Vancouver via Canada, and back home via the USA. Honestly, short of one section of the bighorn mountains headed out of Yellowstone, the Canadian side was more scenic and enjoyable.

I know with Apple you can backup the whole device to iCloud, then wipe it to cross the border and restore it again once you're on the other side. Is there something equivalent for Android?

I know with Apple you can backup the whole device to iCloud, then wipe it to cross the border and restore it again once you're on the other side. Is there something equivalent for Android?

yes, nandroid, and you don't need a cloud

Despite the sh!t storm he's brewed all over the world, Trump's approval ratings remain unwavering ... at 45%. Not sure if he's planing to re-run in 2020. Thoughts on his re-election for another term?

Despite the ***** storm he's brewed all over the world, Trump's approval ratings remain unwavering ... at 45%. Not sure if he's planing to re-run in 2020. Thoughts on his re-election for another term?

2 big happening in the next 6 months I figure are going to be huge factors in that

midterms, if the Dems secure a House majority
you can expect legislative gridlock and very likely impeachment (although they won't have the Senate votes)

Mueller investigation, if the report that's coming from this has solid evidence
of obstruction of justice, or treason with Russians
the GOP leadership may be forced to grow a pair and ask for his resignation

if the former doesn't happen, and the GOP retain the house
it may not matter what the Mueller report says

there's talk on the leftie fringe
that if the GOP retains the house
Trump will force one of his stooges in there as Speaker
a guy like Nunes, Ryan is done the end of the year
and he's going to look an executive order to remain in office forever
or create a crisis, like a war, to declare marshal law and postpone the election

crazy times

yes, nandroid, and you don't need a cloud

If it’s just storing the backup on a memory card before you wipe the phone...you’re not much further ahead...they’ll just search that instead if they want.

The whole idea of the cloud is that it’s physically gone from the handset, and since they’re not allowed to search anything that would require network connectivity (hence why it’s suggested to put your phone in airplane mode before handing it over if you’re subject to a search) it makes your data untouchable.

Despite the ***** storm he's brewed all over the world, Trump's approval ratings remain unwavering ... at 45%. Not sure if he's planing to re-run in 2020. Thoughts on his re-election for another term?

It wasn’t that long ago he was in the 30s, couple that with an energized Democratic base and a apathetic Republican base and that’s a recipe for losing the election.

Approval numbers don’t necessarily translate to votes either – a big percentage of Republicans who would be quick to click on a link somewhere saying they support the president (hence these polls) will be the same ones who simply won’t go and vote because of either apathy, or it would cause him to miss an episode of duck dynasty.

If it’s just storing the backup on a memory card before you wipe the phone...you’re not much further ahead...they’ll just search that instead if they want.

it's a few folders, complete snapshot of everything on the phone
can be stored anywhere, HDD, thumb drive, cloud
if privacy is the concern, then yes, keeping it on the device is useless

2 big happening in the next 6 months I figure are going to be huge factors in that

midterms, if the Dems secure a House majority
you can expect legislative gridlock and very likely impeachment (although they won't have the Senate votes)

Mueller investigation, if the report that's coming from this has solid evidence
of obstruction of justice, or treason with Russians
the GOP leadership may be forced to grow a pair and ask for his resignation

if the former doesn't happen, and the GOP retain the house
it may not matter what the Mueller report says

there's talk on the leftie fringe
that if the GOP retains the house
Trump will force one of his stooges in there as Speaker
a guy like Nunes, Ryan is done the end of the year
and he's going to look an executive order to remain in office forever
or create a crisis, like a war, to declare marshal law and postpone the election

crazy times
Hoping for a demo majority. Although even if Trump gets impeached, his replacement, Pence, isn't exactly a saint. Its a no-win situation.

Crazy times indeed

The whole idea of the cloud is that it’s physically gone from the handset, and since they’re not allowed to search anything that would require network connectivity (hence why it’s suggested to put your phone in airplane mode before handing it over if you’re subject to a search) it makes your data untouchable.

It wasn’t that long ago he was in the 30s, couple that with an energized Democratic base and a apathetic Republican base and that’s a recipe for losing the election.

Approval numbers don’t necessarily translate to votes either – a big percentage of Republicans who would be quick to click on a link somewhere saying they support the president (hence these polls) will be the same ones who simply won’t go and vote because of either apathy, or it would cause him to miss an episode of duck dynasty.
Agreed, approval numbers don't mean much and I hope there is a strong contender in 2020 running against Trump

Agreed, approval numbers don't mean much and I hope there is a strong contender in 2020 running against Trump

LOL. Dream on. His approval rating is 90%. Conservative voters always show up to vote. It's the lazy lib-left welfare cases who support the Democrats who stay home. At 45%, Trump is going to win the next election. No doubt about it. Americans love his establishment bashing style and with the latest win at the Supreme Court on the immigration ban his fans are buzzing. He's here for a long time. Get used to it.

LOL. Dream on. His approval rating is 90%. Conservative voters always show up to vote. It's the lazy lib-left welfare cases who support the Democrats who stay home. At 45%, Trump is going to win the next election. No doubt about it. Americans love his establishment bashing style and with the latest win at the Supreme Court on the immigration ban his fans are buzzing. He's here for a long time. Get used to it.

His approval numbers are with one demographic that’s slowly finding out he’s not the pot of gold he promised. The majority of Americans still loathe him. The conservatives love him now but when their pocketbooks look lighter they’ll dump him just as fast. His win at the Supreme Court was a partisan one with a loaded bench. He’s alienated allies, sided with child molesters, used charities as personal piggy banks and had more indictments leveled against his associates than any predecessor. He’s a perfect role model who has put everything nicely in place for another recession.

Good leaders unite people....sociopathic ones drive them apart.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom