M1 restrictions | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 restrictions

Max527

Hey all,

I've been riding for a few weeks now, and I would like to know the odds of getting pulled over for riding a half an hour after sunset. This is the only restriction that is erking me because I finish work at 9 p.m. and takes me 25 minutes to get home. If I did get pulled over, what the repercussions will be pretty severe?

M2 kicks in July 23rd.

Thanks for the input

I'd be more interested in knowing what would happen if you got into an accident after nine p.m.
Would your insurance be null and void?

It should be pretty easy for them to program one of those license plate scanners, to flag you if you ever pass by a cop.

"Escalating sanctions for hybrid drivers would apply if there is any combination of repeat violations of their novice licence (G1/G2/ M1/M2) conditions within a 5-year period.
The penalties under escalating sanctions for novice and hybrid drivers are:

• 30-day licence suspension for the first occurrence
  • 90-day licence suspension for the second occurrence
  • Licence cancellation and a requirement to re-apply for a G1/M1 after the third occurrence. Any fees paid, credit received for time spent in the program or BDE credit would be forfeited when the licence is cancelled. Please note that in the case of a hybrid driver, only the novice class licence is cancelled on the third occasion, their full class licence is maintained.
A reinstatement fee is also imposed on first and second occurrence drivers."

If I was the cop you would be good to go :| but I'm not a cop,
ride safe and be extra careful in reduced visibility situations
... & just wait till you experience riding in dense fog

Good point guys. Stupid question. Will wait until July lol

motorcycles :agave:
it's an addiction, isn't it.

Keep in mind, after June 21st we lose about a minute of daylight every couple days.
I doubt that a cop would give you a ticket, but the accident part, I don't know.

The thing is that it puts the cop in a difficult position. It's a serious offense that can cost you a lot, and mess up your ability to get licensed.
But if they don't charge you, someone finds out and complains, then they've put their career on the line for you. So it's best to do the right thing, and wait until you're legit.

The thing is that it puts the cop in a difficult position. It's a serious offense that can cost you a lot, and mess up your ability to get licensed.
But if they don't charge you, someone finds out and complains, then they've put their career on the line for you. So it's best to do the right thing, and wait until you're legit.

Yeah I am going to wait. Silly me just realised that you can ride half hour after sunset and before sunrise. Not half hour after sunrise and before sunset.

Back
Top Bottom