Picked up a Honda Fury...! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Picked up a Honda Fury...!

Veej

So after all the debating and deep thinking I went back to my most reliable machine, yes the Honda. Picked up a 2013 Honda Fury with only 7k on it, well taken care of in 9.5 out of 10 condition.

Love the look and ride it's a red frame on red bike, and the fact this is same bullet proof die hard engine in the VT family, only improved by Fuel Injection and now I have ABS :)

Only thing is it has stock everything, so now goes the expenses to get it up to beast mode.

Changing the pipes on it ASAP as the stock are crap quite and from experience on my VTX they probably weight a ton also. Now coming off the Fury Forums they recommend instead of changing my air box (as the Fury compared to the older Carb VTX is fuel injected) they say get the ECU Flashed. I looked into this and there is allot of good reviews on the flash and the advantages. The only thing is most guys who flash it are based in the states and they do have mail service, but I'd be down with-out the bike for 5-6 days and also I'd rather have some one local.

Does anyone know of a reliable ECU Flasher in the GTA?

Last edited:
Thanks, luv to put the pics up but this site is so limiting on the size and all, I'll have to host them on another site I guess and put the link up.

Is a very cool bike but I just don't get the need to mess with it, does it not perform well now?

Is a very cool bike but I just don't get the need to mess with it, does it not perform well now?

This.

Congrats on the bike, but you'll never get money back you put into it regarding mods. Also Stock bikes are much easier to sell.

If you wanted beast mode why not look at a v rod?

Congrats, I tested a Fury at a demo day last summer and liked it. And it looks awesome.

This.

Congrats on the bike, but you'll never get money back you put into it regarding mods. Also Stock bikes are much easier to sell.

If you wanted beast mode why not look at a v rod?

Ya I know, I'll probably not sell this bike, I keep my bikes for long time, by the time I'm done with them they are usually not worth much. I'm keeping my 04 VTX as a winter bike, it's got close to 80 k on it and looks as it been through Hell then Timbuktu & back.

I may not do the ECU, and after looking at some specs of from the US Fury Forum site, I'm thinking that this ECU limits set by Honda may only be for USA bikes not Canada, cause I've done higher revs in each gear and went past the limits of max speed that the US bike does. So possibly due to the strict EPA regulations in the states this may apply only to US bikes.

I definitely need the pipes out, as they are way to quite for my licking, I love the rumble of aftermarkets and believe cars do take notice on the local and highways, they hear you before they see you.

Last edited:
... believe cars do take notice on the local and highways, they hear you before they see you.
only the cars behind you and believe it or not it truly does sound like broken farm machinery to most people.

and besides, how is Anybody not going to notice a red on red Honda Fury!

If you put a pipe on it,be sure to keep the oem.The day is coming that aftermarket pipes will be illegal.And it i will come much sooner the more loud bikes there are out there.

So after all the debating and deep thinking I went back to my most reliable machine, yes the Honda. Picked up a 2013 Honda Fury with only 7k on it, well taken care of in 9.5 out of 10 condition.

Love the look and ride it's a red frame on red bike, and the fact this is same bullet proof die hard engine in the VT family, only improved by Fuel Injection and now I have ABS :)

Only thing is it has stock everything, so now goes the expenses to get it up to beast mode.

Changing the pipes on it ASAP as the stock are crap quite and from experience on my VTX they probably weight a ton also. Now coming off the Fury Forums they recommend instead of changing my air box (as the Fury compared to the older Carb VTX is fuel injected) they say get the ECU Flashed. I looked into this and there is allot of good reviews on the flash and the advantages. The only thing is most guys who flash it are based in the states and they do have mail service, but I'd be down with-out the bike for 5-6 days and also I'd rather have some one local.

Does anyone know of a reliable ECU Flasher in the GTA?
Congrats! Please use imgur for pics.

Congrats and enjoy! Yeah post a pic.
Wonder if you picked it up from cycleworld, they had a red Fury in the showroom?

Excellent, Veej. I've been daydreaming about buying a Fury over the last week or so. I like the stretched tank/neck look--a bit like a dinosaur skeleton. I'm partial to the all metal-flake blue/chrome front wheel version (not sure which year) and the understated black tank, fender/gray frame/bronze front wheel version. The only annoying thing is the speedo pod--that ABS plastic surround bleaches in the sun and looks terrible thereafter. My current scoot's unpainted bits used to be a dark grey; they are blotchy light grey now. Mother's Back To Black helps a bit, but is not permanent. Keep us updated on the experience!

If you put a pipe on it,be sure to keep the oem.The day is coming that aftermarket pipes will be illegal.And it i will come much sooner the more loud bikes there are out there.

So where is the OP going to race this bike that needs the performance upgrades?

Congrats! Nice to see you not go HD (as I just returned from a 4500km trip with 4 well maintained HD's, one shat a fuelpump, one an ignition switch, 3 leaked oil, 2 burned oil).

Last edited:
Congrats! Nice to see you not go HD (as I just returned from a 4500km trip with 4 well maintained HD's, one shat a fuelpump, one an ignition switch, 3 leaked oil, 2 burned oil).

Ya after some research and hearing these kind of horror stories of HD, I said I don't want a High Maintenance Garage Queen, I ride my Hondas Hard and they love the Hard Love I give them :)

Congrats and enjoy! Yeah post a pic.
Wonder if you picked it up from cycleworld, they had a red Fury in the showroom?

No picked it up from private seller in Gananoque, got a great price and the bike only had shy of 7 k

Excellent, Veej. I've been daydreaming about buying a Fury over the last week or so. I like the stretched tank/neck look--a bit like a dinosaur skeleton. I'm partial to the all metal-flake blue/chrome front wheel version (not sure which year) and the understated black tank, fender/gray frame/bronze front wheel version. The only annoying thing is the speedo pod--that ABS plastic surround bleaches in the sun and looks terrible thereafter. My current scoot's unpainted bits used to be a dark grey; they are blotchy light grey now. Mother's Back To Black helps a bit, but is not permanent. Keep us updated on the experience!

There are some Fury's on Kijji, you should check out, make sure you get one that is Canadian not US, as the US ones have ECU limits on them due to their EPA Regulations, I just found this out after I bought mine and was on the Fury Forums. Those guys are getting their ECU flashed to remove the limits, I thought I had to do this to and was looking into this until I found their thread that had the precise limits set on the ECU and after reading them I realized my baby broke past all of them. So I'm thinking this applies to only US bikes.

You will love the Fury, especially the fact that it has no baggage and threats of break down and recommended tune up intervals etc that comes with HD, like any Honda you just ride it like you stole it.

You will love the Fury, especially the fact that it has no baggage and threats of break down and recommended tune up intervals etc that comes with HD, like any Honda you just ride it like you stole it.

No baggage as in "no luggage available", or no baggage as in "no vest/chaps/goatee required"? Let's see some pics!

Back
Top Bottom