Where's my clutch lever?!?! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where's my clutch lever?!?!

I think it’s reasonable for them to rescind the discount offer after you named the shop and stated you’d never be going back.

You never gave them the opportunity to make it right.

If they gave him a discount and old man John wasn't his usual poor customer service self they may have won this customer back but instead they didn't give the discount and the OP said Matts dad was not very nice (in not so many words). That was their chance right there to make it right and they missed it....so they lost their chance.

To only offer the discount with the stipulation that the OP doesn't tell anyone about their mistake is just plain ridiculous. It's really poor customer service and bad business.

If you make a mistake you own up to it, apologize, and do what you can to make it right with the customer. Even if they say they won't spend a penny at your store, if the OP came in and tried on a suit and wanted to buy it they could have treated him with respect and showed them they wanted to make it right and offered a discount or thrown something in for the trouble.
They could have offered him a discount on a future service for his bike. "Give us an opportunity to prove ourselves." etc etc

It's about making the customer happy and owning up to your mistakes.

It's business like Riders Choice that will make buying items online seem more and more agreeable. They should be going above and beyond to help keep motorcycle businesses afloat but we keep hearing about this sort of thing from RC.

They need new management. Maybe Matt should take over for his dad and revamp the place with great customer service and slightly better QC. :dontknow:

Last edited:
If they gave him a discount and old man John wasn't his usual poor customer service self they may have won this customer back but instead they didn't give the discount and the OP said Matts dad was not very nice (in not so many words). That was their chance right there to make it right and they missed it....so they lost their chance.

To only offer the discount with the stipulation that the OP doesn't tell anyone about their mistake is just plain ridiculous. It's really poor customer service and bad business.

If you make a mistake you own up to it, apologize, and do what you can to make it right with the customer. Even if they say they won't spend a penny at your store, if the OP came in and tried on a suit and wanted to buy it they could have treated him with respect and showed them they wanted to make it right and offered a discount or thrown something in for the trouble.
They could have offered him a discount on a future service for his bike. "Give us an opportunity to prove ourselves." etc etc

It's about making the customer happy and owning up to your mistakes.

It's business like Riders Choice that will make buying items online seem more and more agreeable. They should be going above and beyond to help keep motorcycle businesses afloat but we keep hearing about this sort of thing from RC.

They need new management. Maybe Matt should take over for his dad and revamp the place with great customer service and slightly better QC. :dontknow:

The damage was done the moment the OP named the shop prior to any resolution being reached.

Yes. John is can be very crusty and is not known for being the friendliest guy.

They made an offer. The offer was declined. The bad review was written. The offer was rescinded.

/thread.

The damage was done the moment the OP named the shop prior to any resolution being reached.

Yes. John is can be very crusty and is not known for being the friendliest guy.

They made an offer. The offer was declined. The bad review was written. The offer was rescinded.

/thread.

I disagree. (Except about John being Crusty. As a matter of fact I'd say that's an understatement)

If Riders Choice handled this differently the review could have very easily have been amended. The OP could have replied with an update to this thread stating how he went back and they took ownership of their mistake and did everything they could to make him happy.
Instead he went back and John was crusty and they rescinded their offer.

The few times I have written bad reviews about places, I have later been contacted by them. Usually it's an apology and an offer to return for a free something or other or a discount. All for an opportunity to right the wrongs done by the store and to give them the chance to prove themselves to the customer they have wronged and to have them return again.

Last edited:
I disagree. (Except about John being Crusty. As a matter of fact I'd say that's an understatement)

If Riders Choice handled this differently the review could have very easily have been amended. The OP could have replied with an update to this thread stating how he went back and they took ownership of their mistake and did everything they could to make him happy.
Instead he went back and John was crusty and they rescinded their offer.

The few times I have written bad reviews about places, I have later been contacted by them. Usually it's an apology and an offer to return for a free something or other or a discount. All for an opportunity to right the wrongs done by the store and to give them the chance to prove themselves to the customer they have wronged and to have them return again.

RC could have handled it differently.

The OP could have handled it differently.

Can’t change any of that now. I’m only stating what happened. Not defending one side or the other.

it's unfortunate they messed up
but all they really owe the customer
is to rectify the error

apologies are as valuable as a fart into the wind
and there is no right to free stuff

now if the error had caused an accident
then there would be a probative loss

Funny how everybody says John is crusty.
I have had many a conversation and always found him interesting. Never crusty. Friendly. Many a time at the shows John sees me and approaches me, we chat for a while. Sometimes swop a few jokes. Talk about racing. Then we move on.
Matt is Matt, always smiling and happy to help.

it's unfortunate they messed up
but all they really owe the customer
is to rectify the error

apologies are as valuable as a fart into the wind
and there is no right to free stuff

The value of something differs greatly from person to person.

In business, good customer service, not to mention just being a decent human being, an apology is incredibly valuable.

...and no there is no right to "free stuff"...no one said there was.

I'm talking about customer service, or in the case of Riders Choice, the lack of it.

Back
Top Bottom