is it worht it getting a 1000cc SS for the street? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

is it worht it getting a 1000cc SS for the street?

These bikes have antiwheelie and traction control on their electronic packages .

Ya I read about the nanny features :I never turn it on, never felt like I needed it. Crankshaft is also counter-rotating on my F3 to reduce wheelie, still wheelies, just makes for higher speed wheelies. The adrenaline junky won't want to use the nanny features any more then I do, heck, he's even worried about a tenth of a second in his 0-100k trap speed.

Ya I read about the nanny features :I never turn it on, never felt like I needed it. Crankshaft is also counter-rotating on my F3 to reduce wheelie, still wheelies, just makes for higher speed wheelies. The adrenaline junky won't want to use the nanny features any more then I do, heck, he's even worried about a tenth of a second in his 0-100k trap speed.

Pretty sure I haven't heard a single racer/journalist say the bike is better with cornering ABS turned off.

TC & Wheelie control are sometimes linked which runs the fun. If TC is really invasive I could see almost everyone turning it off. On the few bikes I've been on (street) it's been pretty good, when it does cut in its quick to give the power back. Unlike my Optima which cuts it then let's me idle in the middle of an intersection.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2574647 said:
But then they feel like dog **** on the higher revs. This is coming from someone that had an i4 and went to v-twin. I want my i4 back lol

Not the 1400 V-Twin from Moto Guzzi I have ... it's on rubber bushings and will freely rev to 7k and is FAST - loads of torque and it revs. A sweet engine.

Not the 1400 V-Twin from Moto Guzzi I have ... it's on rubber bushings and will freely rev to 7k and is FAST - loads of torque and it revs. A sweet engine.

7k is midrange

I wouldn't call them nanny features. In a 2 wheel vehicle where you get to ridiculous lean angles and are trying to exit the corner at max acceleration possible they are aids that help you go faster, I know my TC on the race bike saved me a few times and provided the ability to reduce the laptime, we are not talking about self parking aids, we are talking about tech that helps performance, I see these as comparing a carb to fuel injection, fuel injection is an aid that helps performance .

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

What can I say, I'm old school, I drive an F350 with a six speed standard transmission because I hate automatics, I pay extra money to have the auto door lock features turned off, the mere thought of self driving cars makes me ill and I don't even turn on a radio when I drive, I'm also the only one who can get my daughters car up the ice covered driveway because I'm the only one who took the time to figure out how to turn that stupid traction control thing off. I love having complete control over my controls :| took me a long time and countless crashes to get this far, throttle control ends here for this old guy, that's part of the pleasure in riding for me.

... rev limiter is a very cool nanny feature :I like that one!

What can I say, I'm old school, I drive an F350 with a six speed standard transmission because I hate automatics, I pay extra money to have the auto door lock features turned off, the mere thought of self driving cars makes me ill and I don't even turn on a radio when I drive, I'm also the only one who can get my daughters car up the ice covered driveway because I'm the only one who took the time to figure out how to turn that stupid traction control thing off. I love having complete control over my controls :| took me a long time and countless crashes to get this far, throttle control ends here for this old guy, that's part of the pleasure in riding for me.

... rev limiter is a very cool nanny feature :I like that one!
Lol we do very different riding you and I , next time you hang with szoke ask him if he turns his TC off when he is racing superbikes :)

I drive a 2 door 6 speed standard jeep. Doesn't get any more old school and less techy than that .

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Try a new Harley ride is as smooth as a still lake

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Why does it always seem like they're riding out an earthquake when I see them? Arms-a-jiggling.

Fun thread. I rode my 800 to work this morning and decided at lunch to go home and get the 1100 for the afternoon.

Night and day. The 800 is no slouch but the visceral nature of the 1100 is just mind bending. And you don't have to get into HTA172 territory to appreciate the magnitude of potential energy beneath you. It's almost spiritual.

If they made a 600 with all the goodies on a 1k I would do that instead. But they don't so that's why I have a 1k.

I sometimes look at performance vehicles and realize I would be totally P'd off if I couldn't open the throttle. It would be like going to a bikini beach and not being allowed to open your eyes.

Yea it's nice to know you could if you wanted to but with HTA 172 you can't do squat on the street. If you're happy with having the reserve power and enjoy the above normal handling at legal speeds then it's your wallet.

Airplanes go fast but at altitude there's no adrenaline rush. Legal rushes are possible with boats but they're their own PITA.

To the OP:

The worth is subjective, depends what you get out of it. I currently ride one of the fastest street bikes (acceleration) and still plan to upgrade to a 1000cc (non SS). As has been mentioned here before, typically they get toys/tech that aren't offered at lower capacity. I also find the bigger frames to be extremely comfortable to sit on.

Last edited:
hi everyone, so... im pretty much a total adrenaline addict.

i googled some stats.
for example.
yamaha r1 0-100 is approx. 2.9 secs
yamaha r6 0-100 is approx. 3.1 secs

the different is very little so maybe its not really that worth it to spend the extra $$$ to get gain 0.2 secs?

also im just interested in the g-force from the acceleration. so i'm not going to ride 300kph on public roads. i still want to obey speed limits. its just the acceleration i'm interested in.

also, on the street i'm guessing the conditions won't always be perfect so realistically speaking, the 0-100 times will be a bit longer than the published numbers?

For the OP examples, the differences between performance on the track and in the streets are completely different.

Looking at the stats for acceleration and g force capability etc. Even on the track, a litre bike and a 600 will have advantages over each other depending on the type of track. Tight and twisty with short straights? The smaller bike will have an advantage. Longer straights, the litre bike can stretch its legs.

It also depends on ability and the set up of the bike.

On the streets? For many, it about comfort and where you ride. A SS of any kind might not bring the thrills and won’t be able to really determine the performance advantage of either.

Personally, I’m at an age where insurance isn’t a factor. And I’d take a litre bike over a 600 on the street. That’s generally speaking of course.

Maybe a taller windshield and bar risers to help with comfort? The flexibility of a litre bike’s engine would be more attractive to me.

It really depends on how you define ridability out on the streets.

And that is why I don’t have a SS. It’s just too narrow of a purpose to really enjoy out on the road. Best to experience on the track IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom