is it worht it getting a 1000cc SS for the street? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

is it worht it getting a 1000cc SS for the street?

hi everyone, so... im pretty much a total adrenaline addict.

i googled some stats.
for example.
yamaha r1 0-100 is approx. 2.9 secs
yamaha r6 0-100 is approx. 3.1 secs

the different is very little so maybe its not really that worth it to spend the extra $$$ to get gain 0.2 secs?

also im just interested in the g-force from the acceleration. so i'm not going to ride 300kph on public roads. i still want to obey speed limits. its just the acceleration i'm interested in.

also, on the street i'm guessing the conditions won't always be perfect so realistically speaking, the 0-100 times will be a bit longer than the published numbers?

You can't be serious :/ do you have any idea how fast a modern sportbike is? I figure I use no more then 10% of the power and handling available on the street and I ride a 675cc bike. Trust me when I say all of the modern sport bikes are faster then you can ride them, buy it because you LOVE it not because of some useless performance spec.

Selling my 1000 and will likely replace it with something that has 693 cc :) ... Size don't matter bro, if you know how to use what you have, you'll wreak havoc and b*****s will love it regardless.

Last edited:
Others can chime in on the veracity, but litrebikes should have better suspension components, which will make a difference in the pothole capital of Canada. They should also be better for low-rev loafing along in the zombie traffic we also host. As long as you can sensibly afford the bike and insurance AND have the proper riding skills, I don't see why the R1 wouldn't be more desirable. As TK observed, if it's adrenaline you're after...

"better" is relative for suspension. Bike A might be worse for the task at hand than bike B even if bike A has better components but bike B is set up for that situation.
A sports bike with sporting suspension is exactly what you do not want with potholes, unless you enjoy riding a jackhammer. If you want to soak up some pot holes, a dual sport or off-road style suspension set-up would be better.

A sports bike with sporting suspension is exactly what you do not want with potholes, unless you enjoy riding a jackhammer. If you want to soak up some pot holes, a dual sport or off-road style suspension set-up would be better.

:I usually just shift my weight to the pegs, soak up the bumps with my legs and loft the front wheel slightly, the extra forces on the rear wheel make the formula one like stiff suspension work pretty darn good.

Others can chime in on the veracity, but litrebikes should have better suspension components, which will make a difference in the pothole capital of Canada.

Modern 600s have suspension that is of equal quality to the litre bikes.

The soft and compliant set-up needed for broken pavement is at odds with the firm and heavily-damped set-up needed for a smooth, fast racetrack. Motards and dual-purpose bikes (with soft, compliant, long-travel suspension) deal with that better ... but they're compromised in other areas.

Short of pulling off to the side of the 401 and then taking off again :/ where could you ever go zero to 100K in 3 seconds and supposedly remain legal?
... and btw you will definitely see the front wheel off the ground or the rear wheel would be spinning.

I found my 50hp supermoto infinitely more fun in the 0-80km/h range than my 140hp FZ1.

I'm pretty happy with my 1050 on the street. But I like the sum of all parts and how the whole bike works for me. Olins forks and suspension, 4 pot brakes, comfy seat. And on a highway it just glides.

But I have a 650 thats less pimped out and does the same job so what do I know.

hi everyone, so... im pretty much a total adrenaline addict.

i googled some stats.
for example.
yamaha r1 0-100 is approx. 2.9 secs
yamaha r6 0-100 is approx. 3.1 secs

the different is very little so maybe its not really that worth it to spend the extra $$$ to get gain 0.2 secs?

also im just interested in the g-force from the acceleration. so i'm not going to ride 300kph on public roads. i still want to obey speed limits. its just the acceleration i'm interested in.

also, on the street i'm guessing the conditions won't always be perfect so realistically speaking, the 0-100 times will be a bit longer than the published numbers?
Both will do well above hwy speeds in first gear, so is the plan to ride around in first, for the acceleration?

I'm pretty happy with my 1050 on the street. But I like the sum of all parts and how the whole bike works for me. Olins forks and suspension, 4 pot brakes, comfy seat. And on a highway it just glides.

But I have a 650 thats less pimped out and does the same job so what do I know.

which one do you want to ride more?

maybe I am dating myself, but if you want exciting gobs of torque and stellar stoplight to stoplight acceleration get a bike that was made for this. Any year Yamaha V-Max or if you can find one a Kawasaki Eliminator 900

Selling my 1000 and will likely replace it with something that has 693 cc :) ... Size don't matter bro, if you know how to use what you have, you'll wreak havoc and b*****s will love it regardless.
I freaking love you, man lol

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

My 2-stroke RD250 smokes everything off the line...literally...smokes...lol !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keeping in mind that most "adrenaline junkies" on bikes don't fare well in the long run if they stick to the street. One of 2 things almost always happens, you crash or you get caught. Nothing wrong with loving accelerating on a bike but it sounds like you are best suited to a closed course environment. Also, for the average non-professional rider you are unlikely to be able to perceive the difference of .2 seconds.

One last thing to keep in mind. Even though you say it is all about the g-forces for you and that you won't be riding 300km/h on the streets, remember that you can still get charged with racing or stunt driving for accelerating as fast as you can, even if you don't break the speed limit and you're not actually racing someone.

I swear, if it wasn't that OP has been registered for 4 years and has 180 posts, this would be classified as total troll thread lol. I'm still in shock so many are giving honest advice lol.

Short of pulling off to the side of the 401 and then taking off again :/ where could you ever go zero to 100K in 3 seconds and supposedly remain legal?
... and btw you will definitely see the front wheel off the ground or the rear wheel would be spinning.
These bikes have antiwheelie and traction control on their electronic packages .

I remember when I accelerated for a few seconds on my gsxr1000 of the hair pin at shannonville I was no longer close to any legal street speed limits so I am not sure how much fun is to accelerate for 3 seconds and then have to shut it down . Meh

Having fun and respecting the speed limits are two things in direct opposites

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Keeping in mind that most "adrenaline junkies" on bikes don't fare well in the long run if they stick to the street. One of 2 things almost always happens, you crash or you get caught. Nothing wrong with loving accelerating on a bike but it sounds like you are best suited to a closed course environment. Also, for the average non-professional rider you are unlikely to be able to perceive the difference of .2 seconds.

One last thing to keep in mind. Even though you say it is all about the g-forces for you and that you won't be riding 300km/h on the streets, remember that you can still get charged with racing or stunt driving for accelerating as fast as you can, even if you don't break the speed limit and you're not actually racing someone.

Agreed. Track is awesome and I regret waiting so long in my riding days to finally take my bike to the track.

I've ridden a bunch of different bikes, mostly 600Ss and 1000cc+ superbikes, Hayabusa, etc. Until you ride a bunch (which I guess is difficult in your first few years of motorcycling as no one will trust you), it's hard to say a bike is better than another as so many are similar. However, a few bikes stand out to me over the years:

for 600ish Supersports, I loved the 675 Daytona R I rode. I had taken a friend's for a ride after coming from my 1000RR. The Daytona was so much more unique than all the other ninjas, gixxers, etc that are 600/636cc.

For naked bike, I really loved KTMs old Superduke .. it was really fun on the road. Enjoyed it much better than the RC8 (non R) I rode the same day.

Literbikes? My old 2008 CBR1000rr did everything well... road and track day fun (Cayuga's TMP and dragstrip) plus it was a great every day bike in most weather above 5C. Was great on gas, great torque and easy to ride. I still remember pulling wheelie in Third during first week "break-in".

RSV4 and 1199 were fun for giggle factor but both of those wanna be ridden like they're stolen. THey're pretty but really want a track badly.

In all honesty, I'd grab an older 1000cc (if your insurance is cheap) and do everything - street, drag, track. Once you figure out what you like best, keep it and get another one that's best matched to your preferred fun after doing your homework :)

No, not in the G.T.A.

Back
Top Bottom