Courses for novice riders??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Courses for novice riders???

FoxPeaTwo

Hey all,

I'm looking to improve my skillset beyond just pushing myself slightly out of my comfort zone when riding. I'd like to focus more on riding applicable to my day go day situation as opposed to the track. As I only ride a 300 and I think going to fast racing school is too large of a step.

I've heard of the msf experienced riders course but I've never heard of it offered in my area and I was also looking at Sharp. Which I could do as I'm only 60 km south of Lakefield.

Has anyone taken one of these courses or a similar one and could provide feedback/suggestions?

I'd love to have more confidence when cornering and have been working hard at trying to get past that mental "block" when leaning my bike over, that spot where I tighten up and feel unable to tighten my turn.

I think the Fast course offered @ Shannonville(which is somewhat close to you) would still be beneficial, it's not all about going fast.

Racer 5 also teaches track courses with smaller bikes, 125cc and 250cc's.

Trail tours, an offroad course at Ganaraska forest, also your next of the woods.

Either one of these threes will help the confidence.

I think the Fast course offered @ Shannonville(which is somewhat close to you) would still be beneficial, it's not all about going fast.

Racer 5 also teaches track courses with smaller bikes, 125cc and 250cc's.

Trail tours, an offroad course at Ganaraska forest, also your next of the woods.

Either one of these threes will help the confidence.

Thanks a lot I didn't know about racer 5. I was thinking a lot about fast but do you think it would be too much to have to get used to the course material and a different more powerful bike all at once?

Thanks a lot I didn't know about racer 5. I was thinking a lot about fast but do you think it would be too much to have to get used to the course material and a different more powerful bike all at once?

I think Fast offers Kawasaki 400’s and SV650’s which would be perfect for you.

Back
Top Bottom