Shelter Valley Rd. In Grafton | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shelter Valley Rd. In Grafton

FoxPeaTwo

Don't know if many of you have ridden it, but it's a relatively short but fun little road. Maybe 9 or 10 kms of lovely curves. Then a straightens out to bring you back to main road.
Easiest way to get there from the the GTA is to take the 401 East and get off at Lyle St. (Exit #487) and head south. Turn left on Highway 2 and Shelter Valley Rd is maybe a bit over 2 km east of town on your left. It'll bring you back out to 25 north of Colborne which you can take back down to the Big Apple for a slice of pie and some ice cream lol

yup, is a night little stretch
can easily be combined with HWY 2 run
from Port Hope to Brighton

Yep! Or even up 23 and around rice lake :) could always take the lakeshore out from Newcastle instead of the 401 too!

If you are in rice lake area then dartford road is a must hit and even county road 21.

Don't know if many of you have ridden it, but it's a relatively short but fun little road. Maybe 9 or 10 kms of lovely curves. Then a straightens out to bring you back to main road.
Easiest way to get there from the the GTA is to take the 401 East and get off at Lyle St. (Exit #487) and head south. Turn left on Highway 2 and Shelter Valley Rd is maybe a bit over 2 km east of town on your left. It'll bring you back out to 25 north of Colborne which you can take back down to the Big Apple for a slice of pie and some ice cream lol

Hey, I grew up in Cobourg so I will be watching your videos. "Nuns and Snake" I know the manager of the KFC, we went to highschool together!

Hahaha that's awesome man! Please feel free to check them out lol. If you're ever down for a visit we can go for a ride! There's another one where I do a video "tour" of port hope. Called "that was awkward"

If you are in rice lake area then dartford road is a must hit and even county road 21.

I grew up near Roseneath on Rice Lake and when I was young worked in tobacco in Warkworth (Hanging Kiln for those that care.) At age 13 I had a Honda 90 (Model C200) and used to ride to Warkworth every day on the road through Dartford. It was fun then and after they smoothed out the corners and turned them to curves on the west end of it the road became that much better. When I'm in the area I always head though it.. fun little piece of road!

..Tom

Campbellcroft here. Tons of great little roads to find all over N.county. A nice gravel road off 29 ...porter rd. You can also catch it coming westbound from warkworth, it’s your first right after passing the cemetery,top of the hill.

anyway.....it has curves,steep hills and some of the gravel is kinda deepish in spots, so careful.

Campbellcroft here. Tons of great little roads to find all over N.county. A nice gravel road off 29 ...porter rd. You can also catch it coming westbound from warkworth, it’s your first right after passing the cemetery,top of the hill.

anyway.....it has curves,steep hills and some of the gravel is kinda deepish in spots, so careful.

I'm impressed that it is on Google Streetview! The camera car was even kicking up dust behind them!

..Tom

Yep! Or even up 23 and around rice lake :) could always take the lakeshore out from Newcastle instead of the 401 too!
Ive done that ride many times as well as Shelter Road.Definately my two favourite roads.There's a nice little marina in Newcastle I always stop at before getting on to Lakeshore Rd.Also a great little bar in Cobourg called The Oasis on the way to Shelter Valley, and no trip to Rice Lake is complete without a visit to The Rhino in Bewdley.

Back
Top Bottom