Video of 403 crash removed? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Video of 403 crash removed?

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
What happened to the thread in multimedia with the link to the video? Obviously it was a tragic situation, but maybe it can help others learn from what happened. Having any mention of a rider playing a part in a fatal crash disappear from the forum doesn't help anybody.

I know there is not supposed to be any discussion in the fallen riders subforum, but is there not supposed to be any discussion on crashes anywhere on the forum? Maybe things got way out of line after I last looked at it and it was removed to save moderator time.

I think there may be people on the forum who knew this rider. I wouldn't want a video of my friend getting killed posted publicly.

Sent from my MIX Lite using Tapatalk

I think there may be people on the forum who knew this rider. I wouldn't want a video of my friend getting killed posted publicly.

I understand that but GTAM wasn't hosting the video, just providing a link that can be easily found.

I obviously can't speak for others, but for myself, if a tragedy I am involved with can help others avoid a similar problem in the future, I hope to hell that it is posted everywhere.

The way I see it, the tragedy was the actions of the SUV driver and ensuing loss off life, not the monday morning quarterbacking.

If GTAM policy is that no discussion of fatal crashes is allowed anywhere, I don't agree with it, but see why it could be a good idea and will respect it.

Maybe the link was in the fallen riders section, pretty sure it's well wishes and condolence for posts.

Maybe the link was in the fallen riders section, pretty sure it's well wishes and condolence for posts.

I think it was for a short time. You are correct, that is not the appropriate place. Someone created a multimedia thread with the link and discussion yesterday.

I understand that but GTAM wasn't hosting the video, just providing a link that can be easily found.

I obviously can't speak for others, but for myself, if a tragedy I am involved with can help others avoid a similar problem in the future, I hope to hell that it is posted everywhere.

The way I see it, the tragedy was the actions of the SUV driver and ensuing loss off life, not the monday morning quarterbacking.

If GTAM policy is that no discussion of fatal crashes is allowed anywhere, I don't agree with it, but see why it could be a good idea and will respect it.

I agree. Learn from the mistakes of others. Unfortunately the mods would be kept busy toning down AH replies once it's out of fallen riders. The reason sales threads are locked.

I suspect - Discussion is ok. But a link to the video is inappropriate. I concur in this specific case.

I suspect - Discussion is ok. But a link to the video is inappropriate. I concur in this specific case.

That is reasonable and posts have been edited before to remove inappropriate links. In this case, the whole thread appears to have vanished.

Maybe there's a simpler explanation. The video has disappeared from its previous hosting sites. No video means multimedia is the inappropriate subforum.

Last edited:

I agree there is educational value that could benefit the public.

Today, dashcam video was released of a horrific crash that killed Dr. Alphonsus Hui during his morning commute to work in downtown Vancouver in 2015. "The judge hoped by releasing the video, it will educate the public about the culture of speed and what can happen." On May 25th, Ken Chung, the speeding driver who t-boned Dr. Hui was found 'not guilty' of dangerous driving causing death. This decision is being appealed.
BTW, in an unrelated incident, less than 2 years after his collision that killed Dr.Hui, Ken Chung was arrested and convicted for street racing.

Last edited:
As per a moderator, as the video was graphic and involved a local rider (therefore more likely to cause distress to friends and family) it was removed. That is entirely reasonable to me.

Mods & posters, I meant no disrespect in posting the video of the 403 crash and commentary. Like I said in the deleted thread, I almost had the same unfortunate situation about a couple of weeks ago, or so. It hit very close to home, because that could have been me.

Going forward, should I run potential threads involving videos of crashes in the surrounding areas by mods? If so, who should I contact? Thanks.

I saw the thread when it was just posted but missed the discussion.

It's a very unfortunate situation and RIP rider. I do have thoughts on the entire situation (which I talked about with co-workers today) on how the whole accident could have been potentially avoided, but I'm not sure if that sort of discussion is welcome here...or not.

I agree with the mods, and also understand the OP's POV about education. But as a local forum, and a local rider (who by all accounts on the OPP twitter post comments was loved by all that knew her) I think it is best not shown. imho.
Ride safely all.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Since I had commented on the fallen riders thread that I saw the video and it was rough to watch, I was PM'd by someone asking for the link as they were a personal friend of the rider and wanted to see the video as they thought it would help with closure.

Just goes to show that who are we to say what friends and family of the fallen rider do or do not want to see.

A warning of the graphic nature of the video before posting the link is appropriate and shows courtesy and empathy. It's the comments that are usually where things get nasty.

I think the video needs to be readily and easily available because it shows the fault and complete ignorance of the driver of the SUV and brings to light the dangers we riders face from drivers like these everyday.

Thankfully the video is still on LL and YT

I saw the vid on YouTube a couple days ago. I didn't post it here. Too graphic and quite disturbing. I was left pretty angry at the SUV driver who crossed the solid lines. Still, trusting the fools in Ontario to obey the law isn't a good idea. A very sad state of affairs. RIP.

I can't believe the driver hasn't been charged yet.

OPP continue to investigate the cause of the collision.

LOL, shows the abilities of the cops.

I can't believe the driver hasn't been charged yet.

OPP continue to investigate the cause of the collision.

LOL, shows the abilities of the cops.

You gotta know the SUV driver is going to get a good lawyer. If the prosecutor doesn't have their case well put together, there could potentially be no legal consequences for the driver.

I'm sure the cops are aware of the video. Unfortunately, "dangerous driving" is hard to prove, and "careless" can get beaten down to "unsafe lane change" and the one for crossing into the HOV lane where prohibited.

If I were dictator, the whole stunt-driving mess would get removed, but anyone at-fault in a collision in which someone else was killed or seriously injured would lose their driver's license immediately and then after a mandatory suspension period, have to go through the whole process that a new driver would have to go through if they want it back, including all of the written and road tests and all of the graduated licensing steps. Can't force them to follow the rules, but you sure can make them re-read them enough to do the tests again.

If I were dictator, the whole stunt-driving mess would get removed, but anyone at-fault in a collision in which someone else was killed or seriously injured would lose their driver's license immediately and then after a mandatory suspension period, have to go through the whole process that a new driver would have to go through if they want it back, including all of the written and road tests and all of the graduated licensing steps. Can't force them to follow the rules, but you sure can make them re-read them enough to do the tests again.

I don't believe this is harsh at all. If anything totally reasonable. I can't believe we do not have laws in place to hold people to a higher level of accountability when they are involved in an accident where they kill or severely injury someone. Especially in a case such as this. I only saw a frame grab of the position of the bike and the SUV. To me it was quite obvious the driver of the SUV was at fault.

Back
Top Bottom