Camping at the track?



Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Camping at the track?

  1. #1

    Camping at the track?

    Has anyone camped at grand bend motorplex?

    Ill be there for racer5 and there are no hotels motels cabins or anything available for June 28th - July 1st. Its the long weekend and I believe there is some sort of drag race going on too. I did find like 2 airbnb's but they are 35min away from the track and the cost is there too. That brings me to the question of camping at the track which my racer5 email states I can do at no extra cost along with having showers and bathrooms.

    Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Iíve camped before but that place has unpredictable weather. Much preferred sleeping in a minivan with an inflatable mattress.

  3. #3

    Re: Camping at the track?

    I have a truck with an 8' bed maybe I should look into one of those bed tent things...

  4. #4

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Just remembered @caboose56 sometimes has his trailer for rent, maybe available for that weekend.

  5. #5

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Trailer has actually been rented for the whole year already. Sorry.

  6. #6

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Thanks for the heads up though much appreciated.

  7. #7
    N3WMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    6,545

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Quote Originally Posted by perferd View Post
    Has anyone camped at grand bend motorplex?

    Ill be there for racer5 and there are no hotels motels cabins or anything available for June 28th - July 1st. Its the long weekend and I believe there is some sort of drag race going on too. I did find like 2 airbnb's but they are 35min away from the track and the cost is there too. That brings me to the question of camping at the track which my racer5 email states I can do at no extra cost along with having showers and bathrooms.

    Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
    Yes I have camped at Grand Bend Motorplex.

    Anything else you would like to know?
    Pro #25
    NEWMANRACING.COM
    YOUTUBE.COM/N3WMAN13
    Latest blog post: HERE

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    762

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Lots of people sleep in tent. Lots of grass to set up your tent. More grass near all the stationary trailers and a bit further away from people running generators.
    Showers aren't the greatest but good for camping standards.

  9. #9

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Quote Originally Posted by N3WMAN View Post
    Yes I have camped at Grand Bend Motorplex.

    Anything else you would like to know?
    Nope you nailed it lol...

  10. #10

    Re: Camping at the track?

    I didn't personally but saw few people sleeping in tents in there.

    Just make sure to keep your tent close and not too stay too long in the grass, some people reported being bitten bit ticks at the CSBK round few weeks back.

    Also make sure to check what time they open/close the gates if they do, you don't want to be stuck outside.
    Alessandro
    RACE AM #6

  11. #11
    smudger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    282

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Yep, I camped there for late Sept last year, I had no issues other than it being a bit cold because of the time of year.
    Washrooms & showers are left open all night but it can get windy so tie the tent down well other than that you'll be fine.
    SOAR #917

  12. #12

    Re: Camping at the track?

    I went with a b&b this time around but will scope it out for future trips...

    Thx

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    762

    Re: Camping at the track?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pantich View Post
    I didn't personally but saw few people sleeping in tents in there.

    Just make sure to keep your tent close and not too stay too long in the grass, some people reported being bitten bit ticks at the CSBK round few weeks back.

    Also make sure to check what time they open/close the gates if they do, you don't want to be stuck outside.
    Good point on the gates. Almost happened to me once when I was running late and not paying attention to time.

    Can always tent it on the tarmac to avoid ticks....just weigh it down heavy inside.

  14. #14

    Re: Camping at the track?

    look at some places in parkhill. Just a short drive away and there are usually something there. Buddy sleeps at a hotel/motel there whenever he comes up to do trackdays.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •