Camping at the track? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Camping at the track?

perferd

Has anyone camped at grand bend motorplex?

Ill be there for racer5 and there are no hotels motels cabins or anything available for June 28th - July 1st. Its the long weekend and I believe there is some sort of drag race going on too. I did find like 2 airbnb's but they are 35min away from the track and the cost is there too. That brings me to the question of camping at the track which my racer5 email states I can do at no extra cost along with having showers and bathrooms.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

I’ve camped before but that place has unpredictable weather. Much preferred sleeping in a minivan with an inflatable mattress.

Just remembered @caboose56 sometimes has his trailer for rent, maybe available for that weekend.

Has anyone camped at grand bend motorplex?

Ill be there for racer5 and there are no hotels motels cabins or anything available for June 28th - July 1st. Its the long weekend and I believe there is some sort of drag race going on too. I did find like 2 airbnb's but they are 35min away from the track and the cost is there too. That brings me to the question of camping at the track which my racer5 email states I can do at no extra cost along with having showers and bathrooms.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks
Yes I have camped at Grand Bend Motorplex.

Anything else you would like to know?

Lots of people sleep in tent. Lots of grass to set up your tent. More grass near all the stationary trailers and a bit further away from people running generators.
Showers aren't the greatest but good for camping standards.

I didn't personally but saw few people sleeping in tents in there.

Just make sure to keep your tent close and not too stay too long in the grass, some people reported being bitten bit ticks at the CSBK round few weeks back.

Also make sure to check what time they open/close the gates if they do, you don't want to be stuck outside.

Yep, I camped there for late Sept last year, I had no issues other than it being a bit cold because of the time of year.
Washrooms & showers are left open all night but it can get windy so tie the tent down well other than that you'll be fine.

I didn't personally but saw few people sleeping in tents in there.

Just make sure to keep your tent close and not too stay too long in the grass, some people reported being bitten bit ticks at the CSBK round few weeks back.

Also make sure to check what time they open/close the gates if they do, you don't want to be stuck outside.

Good point on the gates. Almost happened to me once when I was running late and not paying attention to time.

Can always tent it on the tarmac to avoid ticks....just weigh it down heavy inside.

look at some places in parkhill. Just a short drive away and there are usually something there. Buddy sleeps at a hotel/motel there whenever he comes up to do trackdays.

Back
Top Bottom