Doug Ford - Already saving tax payers money - Page 8

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Doug Ford - Already saving tax payers money

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Re: Doug Ford - Already saving tax payers money

Forum Sponsor
    I'm not sure how Trudeau could school anyone on how the refugee system works, because a) it's broken as it is and b) he doesn't seem to know that.

We need something that encourages most refugee claimants to cross at legal points with their papers intact, and go through the proper process.

One of Wynne's time bombs went off as the Chief Science Officer they hired six months before getting booted, was let go with the appropriate frenzy of ink from some papers.

As far as that income goes, it's actually the tax payers footing the bill, and it's outgo in that regard.

Yes we know that Hydro set themselves up a poison pill for the public to swallow. Do you really want to keep people who'd do that to the public around?
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

the refugee system as is, leaves anyone following legitimate channels from off shore spending months (years) to get in. Showing up at an illegal crossing gets you a medical checkup and housing, and 3 square a day.
    JT needs to read read his own office reports

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    the refugee system as is, leaves anyone following legitimate channels from off shore spending months (years) to get in. Showing up at an illegal crossing gets you a medical checkup and housing, and 3 square a day.
    JT needs to read read his own office reports
    Same as saying "the justice system as is, leaves anyone following legitimate channels spending months (years) to get a judgement. Presenting a threat to society gets you a medical checkup and housing, and 3 square a day."

So the moral of the story is the justice system is broken?
    The odd times I felt I'd approached the truth, it rested on the premise that people are essentially good and smart.

JT will have the last laugh . When he is gone ( hopefully ) the next guy in will have to deal with deporting all these rejected refugees .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    And has a very real possibility to become Fords first big financial blunder, because the promises were made during the election without a full understanding (or any care) of the consequences, and yes, although he's keeping that promise it will without doubt end up costing taxpayers billions of dollars in penalties and such.

And the province loses out on nearly 2 billion in income because of that decision as well. I wonder what will get cut to compensate for that? More of the mystery unicorn "efficiencies" he keeps promising?

This is the conservative gas plant blunder in the making.

Next up, fire the CEO of Hydro One resulting in another lawsuit that will cost millions...and replace him with....? Who exactly? Someone cheaper? Someone who doesn't really have a good grasp of the job and could end up making poor decisions that cost all of us more billions on top of the wrongful dismissal lawsuit?

But hey, buck a beer and cheap gas, right?
    Where do you get this stuff? Please outline:

1) Penalties. Carbon is auctioned into a market then traded. It's done for the year, game over. Nothing goes into next years auction -- it's done it's over.

2) Why Ontario Hydro execs deserve to keep their jobs. Ontario Hydro is one of the poorest performing electricity operators in the country, it's executive is paid approx 10x that of Hydro Quebec or Manitoba Hydro -- two of the most effectively run in the world. It's a publicly traded monopoly - it should be a Wall street high flyer but the stock price is a joke! Ontario Hydro has become a political extension of the Libs and their exec have been party to the Liberal shenanigans with gas plants, retrofit overruns, energy dumping, and debt obfuscation. Do you trust their executive with your money?
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Present: FJR 1300, DL650XT XV920R, GL1000, TR25W
    Past: GSXR1300, M50, EX250R, GL1500, XV250, TS200R, TW200, XV1100, CB750SS, H2 MIV, Rupp Roadster, MX125, MX250, DT400

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Same as saying "the justice system as is, leaves anyone following legitimate channels spending months (years) to get a judgement. Presenting a threat to society gets you a medical checkup and housing, and 3 square a day."

We don't have a justice system. We have a legal system. Big difference.

Rational Government? https://nationalpost.com/opinion/ran...-that-its-here

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post

I can't think of two systems that are more opposite. With one people are trying to get in, with the other people are trying to stay out.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    And has a very real possibility to become Fords first big financial blunder, because the promises were made during the election without a full understanding (or any care) of the consequences, and yes, although he's keeping that promise it will without doubt end up costing taxpayers billions of dollars in penalties and such.

And the province loses out on nearly 2 billion in income because of that decision as well. I wonder what will get cut to compensate for that? More of the mystery unicorn "efficiencies" he keeps promising?

This is the conservative gas plant blunder in the making.

Next up, fire the CEO of Hydro One resulting in another lawsuit that will cost millions...and replace him with....? Who exactly? Someone cheaper? Someone who doesn't really have a good grasp of the job and could end up making poor decisions that cost all of us more billions on top of the wrongful dismissal lawsuit?

But hey, buck a beer and cheap gas, right?
    And the CEO is gone... with no severance.

"Hydro One has committed to completing the transition process to a new board of directors by August 15, 2018. In connection with Mr. Schmidt's retirement, he will receive amounts consistent with Hydro One's retirement policies and his employment agreement as previously disclosed and will not be entitled to severance. Mr. Schmidt will receive a $400,000lump sum payment in lieu of all post-retirement benefits and allowances."

Quote Originally Posted by privatepilot View Post
    next up, fire the ceo of hydro one resulting in another lawsuit that will cost millions.
    Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    and the ceo is gone... With no severance. mr. Schmidt will receive a $400,000lump sum payment in lieu of all post-retirement benefits and allowances."
    next.
    "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a big enough boat that you can sail right up next to it" - David Lee Roth

And they said it couldn't be done.

Next indeed.
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

Well I guess he's keeping his promises, in a short amount of time. Some might look at this as a good thing. Is sex ed gone too?

Quote Originally Posted by dieselxx View Post
    Well I guess he's keeping his promises, in a short amount of time. Some might look at this as a good thing. Is sex ed gone too?
    Sex Ed is gone. Mayo smitch is only 400k but getting rid of the overall board is going to cost more than smitch..

I'm a fan of what Doug is doing. Hopefully more to come... I was happy today watch the news and they couldn't find a liberal to comment on sex ed change... Most of them gone LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Sex Ed is gone. Mayo smitch is only 400k but getting rid of the overall board is going to cost more than smitch..

I'm a fan of what Doug is doing. Hopefully more to come... I was happy today watch the news and they couldn't find a liberal to comment on sex ed change... Most of them gone LOL
    The current complaint is that the deputy minister was home schooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    The current complaint is that the deputy minister was home schooled.
    The minister of Ed? she made it through university of guelph, has been a business manager in the private sector and held gov't portfolio in the past. Whats the next complaint, shes blond ?

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    The minister of Ed? she made it through university of guelph, has been a business manager in the private sector and held gov't portfolio in the past. Whats the next complaint, shes blond ?
    No, the deputy minister, who's really hard to identify at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    And the CEO is gone... with no severance.

"Hydro One has committed to completing the transition process to a new board of directors by August 15, 2018. In connection with Mr. Schmidt's retirement, he will receive amounts consistent with Hydro One's retirement policies and his employment agreement as previously disclosed and will not be entitled to severance. Mr. Schmidt will receive a $400,000lump sum payment in lieu of all post-retirement benefits and allowances."
    Amazing! An whoa my lights and electricity still all works??? Wowow how is all this possible....
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

Canada always had sex ed...I remember going through when I came to canada as a kid....But nowhere can I find what was in this "new" sex ed the liberals unveiled... Does it teach kids about 32 genders or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    No, the deputy minister, who's really hard to identify at the moment.
    The Ontario Ministry of Ed website lists the Deputy Min as Bruce Rodrigues, Degree in Mathematic, Bachelor of Ed , and Masters degree in Divinity . He looks like a victim of home schooling also.
    Unless the Ministry of Education doesn't update there website..... in which case do tell who the 'complainers' are complaining about.

My concern is that these changes are coming too fast. The old "Haste makes waste" thingy.

We had crap choices. Ford was a Hail Mary pass. It'll be a few years before we find out if we got a touchdown.

If he doesn't handle the ball well we will get an expensive slam to the left in four years.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    My concern is that these changes are coming too fast. The old "Haste makes waste" thingy.

We had crap choices. Ford was a Hail Mary pass. It'll be a few years before we find out if we got a touchdown.

If he doesn't handle the ball well we will get an expensive slam to the left in four years.
    Still a better option than Wynne