It's not the track....don't bunch up. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's not the track....don't bunch up.

Do riders have spotters or do the folks watching ever warn cars of bikes coming? Never been there but have watched lots of vids with guys bikes or bodies over the yellow...

They do, but they either dont warn them(too busy taking pictures/videos/operating drones), try to warn them to no avail, or are distracted by a pretty girl

Lol Rossi wannabees on the street. Is that Mulholland Drive again by any chance? There’s tons of crash videos for that road as it has a fine covering of blown sand on stretches in corners.

You sound really bitter about your lack of skill in motorcycling at a level requiring higher performance.

You know you can take lessons instead of being jealous right?

Do riders have spotters or do the folks watching ever warn cars of bikes coming? Never been there but have watched lots of vids with guys bikes or bodies over the yellow...

A group of mine that used to ramp really hard did actually do this with Sena comms. But doing this only solves half the problem, the other half involves lack of run off in the event of a crash. Hitting a pole or guard rail at a wrong angle is not the way to go :'(

Generally people crossing the line will get yelled at, cars & bikes alike

油井緋色;2574323 said:
You sound really bitter about your lack of skill in motorcycling at a level requiring higher performance.

Where do you get riding lessons that teach you how not to get taken out by morons riding way over their skill level like we see in that video?

Where do you get riding lessons that teach you how not to get taken out by morons riding way over their skill level like we see in that video?

Have you ridden in a high performance setting? How do you objectively tell that those riders were riding over their skill level?

3522525481_3d09a3a7a5.jpg

super secret lesson: the only way to get better at riding is to ride just slightly above your level every single time you decide to "train". you can only learn through your mistakes, which become apparent when you aren't riding like a safe grandnanny mcbunnymuffins.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2574323 said:

Not bitter at all. Boy racers on the street are kind of sad and juvenile don’t you think? I don’t feel any need to get my knee down on a public road.

Edit: I also just saw the expression “ramping hard” above. So that would be a QED.

Last edited:
Not bitter at all. Boy racers on the street are kind of sad and juvenile don’t you think? I don’t feel any need to get my knee down on a public road.

They're not racing..........what the **** man.....lol

Also, I do feel the need to get my knee down. Every ramp that doesn't require me to go past 100 to knee down I'll do it.

Even in jeans.

Except I have to pull my leg in when I remember I have jeans on but I usually only realize this when dipped in and committed. :'(

Why? Because it's ****ing fun and why the **** else are we riding?

It's getting fun in here now...

I'll try and not follow to close to another guys post though so I don't get taken out too...

油井緋色;2574335 said:

Also, I do feel the need to get my knee down. Every ramp that doesn't require me to go past 100 to knee down I'll do it.

Even in jeans.

Except I have to pull my leg in when I remember I have jeans on but I usually only realize this when dipped in and committed. :'(

I agree, yet disagree with your statement ��

I love getting low on the on/off ramp. But I only ride in jeans on the street and have to remember to not start dragging.

My understanding is, the quicker your riding, the harder you have to turn aka more lean angle. And the real reason to drag knee is to reduce as much lean of the bike as possible by hanging off as much as you can so the bike can stay as upright as possible

油井緋色;2574335 said:

Even in jeans.

How many times have you come off again? I have fun too...reliably connected to my bike for the most part and that’s the way I want it to stay. There’s a time and a place.....it’s not usually on the street. That corner above and others like it on Mulholland has so many crash videos because the racer wannabees looking for their Facebook profile pic forget that tracks don’t often have sand on whereas those corners do. Decent lean + corner + greater entry speed than conditions dictate + sand = not good outcome.

How many times have you come off again? I have fun too...reliably connected to my bike for the most part and that’s the way I want it to stay. There’s a time and a place.....it’s not usually on the street. That corner above and others like it on Mulholland has so many crash videos because the racer wannabees looking for their Facebook profile pic forget that tracks don’t often have sand on whereas those corners do. Decent lean + corner + greater entry speed than conditions dictate + sand = not good outcome.

More crash footage =/ more crashes.

There are a ton of videos on that road of people crashing because crash videos = more interesting than everyone getting home safe. There are tons of riders who routinely make all of those corners.

That's not to say one should ride aggressively on the street, but to each their own

I dont think they are trying to get pictures, they just want to have a good time. Luckily I hear cali has some great roads

I have crashed every single season except last season and this one because both of these seasons I am not trying to "git gud" (pinecone crash doesn't count, I didn't know pinecones were not squishy; I learned something!)

If you are not crashing, you are not pushing. If you are not pushing, you are not getting better. So same question to you: how many times have you crashed? ;)

And now you've identified that some people have fun in a different way; I mean the way you have fun is very feminine and pussy like but that's not my business. So if these guys fun may result in some masculine smashing into a guardrail...I don't see anything wrong with that or anyone else getting hurt.

My understanding is, the quicker your riding, the harder you have to turn aka more lean angle. And the real reason to drag knee is to reduce as much lean of the bike as possible by hanging off as much as you can so the bike can stay as upright as possible

I think you know more than 90% of the posters here....

To add: motorcycles are also inherently more stable when up right due to a larger contact patch and physics. So there is nothing wrong with hanging off like a monkey, even if it results in you completely up right and making a tiny right turn. Might as well practice the body position anyway lol

More crash footage =/ more crashes.

There are a ton of videos on that road of people crashing because crash videos = more interesting than everyone getting home safe. There are tons of riders who routinely make all of those corners.

That's not to say one should ride aggressively on the street, but to each their own

I dont think they are trying to get pictures, they just want to have a good time. Luckily I hear cali has some great roads

True....there’s a ton of cottage roads near me that would have similar crash footage as they are liberally sprinkled with gravel and sand but many riders do make the corners quite fine....but I’ll wager that they weren’t for the most part leaned right over and rather riding to conditions. Not everyone that rides a bike does it to burn the rubber off their tires every chance they get.

Plan for the unexpected on the road. Track is more predictable I’m guessing.

If you are riding close enough to your limits that you are near crashing, on the street, you are riding wrong. Full stop

油井緋色;2574352 said:
I have crashed every single season except last season and this one because both of these seasons I am not trying to "git gud" (pinecone crash doesn't count, I didn't know pinecones were not squishy; I learned something!)

If you are not crashing, you are not pushing. If you are not pushing, you are not getting better. So same question to you: how many times have you crashed? ;)

And now you've identified that some people have fun in a different way; I mean the way you have fun is very feminine and pussy like but that's not my business. So if these guys fun may result in some masculine smashing into a guardrail...I don't see anything wrong with that or anyone else getting hurt.

Crashed twice on ice on the street when I was young and dumb....lesson learned = don’t ride on ice...don’t ride like a loon on the street. What did you learn?

I'm glad you compensate for your lack of masculinity by behaving like a kid on the street. I don’t feel I need to do that. ;)

Edit. Also learned to wear all the gear...school uniform pants with ripped
knees were never trendy.

Last edited:
If you are riding close enough to your limits that you are near crashing, on the street, you are riding wrong. Full stop

I see nothing wrong with it if done in a condition where no one can get hurt except the one pushing.

And if you're going to tell me this is wrong, then so is smoking, getting fat, not going to school, being stupid, and voting for Trump.......wait wrong country.

Back
Top Bottom