It's not the track....don't bunch up. | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's not the track....don't bunch up.

Well, that sucked.

I know the feeling, although mine was in a practice session at TMP in the first season of SOAR, 2009. Got tangled up in someone else's crash.

Lol Rossi wannabees on the street. Is that Mulholland Drive again by any chance? There’s tons of crash videos for that road as it has a fine covering of blown sand on stretches in corners.

My first lesson from that would be: Don't ride with idiots.

Watch the guy on the KTM. Hanging off the bike like Randy Mamola... for no particular reason other than he knew there was cameras on him so he wanted to look cool.

He planted his knee and lifted the rear wheel.
What a tool!

Lol Rossi wannabees on the street. Is that Mulholland Drive again by any chance? There’s tons of crash videos for that road as it has a fine covering of blown sand on stretches in corners.
Mulholland drive is in California.

You would not believe how many times ive had this exact discussionin group rides specially with people i dont know. But of course big egos get in the way of riding safely as people have to ride up your tail to prove they're fast...usually in the straights! Ironically enough, its almost always new and less experience riders who behave this way as experienced riders know better!
Stop trying to prove yourselves by putting others at risk. Give the rider in front some room to breathe. Leave some room for error, gravel, oil, animals running on the street and in case the guy in front of you has to hit the brakes hard or goes down, you dont wanna run him over while going down yourself.

I don't even like riding that close around town lol. You need room to maneuver and riding so close gives you no time or space.

At least on the track you can kind of predict what might happen with less variables that can change...

Upshot is that none of them are dead, and due to the incident being extraordinarily well documented they are a) unavoidably faced with responsibility for what happened and b) gifted an excellent learning opportunity

I still don't get what it is about that one corner that bites so many people though

Upshot is that none of them are dead, and due to the incident being extraordinarily well documented they are a) unavoidably faced with responsibility for what happened and b) gifted an excellent learning opportunity

I still don't get what it is about that one corner that bites so many people though

sand apparently or grit...a fine layer of it blows over some of the corners there.

My first lesson from that would be: Don't ride with idiots.

Watch the guy on the KTM. Hanging off the bike like Randy Mamola... for no particular reason other than he knew there was cameras on him so he wanted to look cool.

He planted his knee and lifted the rear wheel.
What a tool!

I'm not convinced that's what it was. Would be pretty difficult to lift the rear tire with your leg on a slight incline. Maybe cold tires and too much gas to quickly on exit? You can see them squirming just after they turned around. Definitely looks like he lost the rear and it started to come around on him.

The 2nd guy definitely grabbed a fist full of brake while cranking the bars mid turn.

They were all geared up though. Could almost imagine them in shorts t-shirts mesh gloves and bikes.. .

Cameraman was lucky to not get hit by the bikes

Just noting that at 0:21 the bike tires are on the right side of the yellow line but the rider isn't. Not sure of legalities but if a rider was coming the other way and leaning as well, they could meet by accident.

Unlikely as if it's a turn the other rider would be leaning the same direction....into the turn.

A car on the other hand....had it happen in front of me before. Did not have a good outcome.

Do riders have spotters or do the folks watching ever warn cars of bikes coming? Never been there but have watched lots of vids with guys bikes or bodies over the yellow...

Back
Top Bottom