M1 practice? How? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 practice? How?

Can ya blame him in 2018 Ontario?

I'd never ride dirty, and would always suggest others dont either, but i wont judge if someone in this day and age does.

I would. If they hit someone, the victim is at a loss if the dirty rider doesn't have the resources to cover their care. At least with insurance some if not most will be covered. Can't get blood from a stone.

Another ‘dirty’ rider?

Can ya blame him in 2018 Ontario?

I'd never ride dirty, and would always suggest others dont either, but i wont judge if someone in this day and age does.

Just an observation.

I don't really agree with the 'it makes my costs go up' mantra. I concur that people should make their own choices in life. Just don't cry when you f-up and make your situation even worse.

Except for the fact that it's costing you more money on your insurance because of those who do.

But hey, victimless crime, right?

Lol the people I know personally that ride dirty have yet to be in an accident that causes a third party to pay out of pocket.. it's the insured guys that are out riding reckless raising your insurance premiums all summer long lmao so depends how you wanna look at it..or how tight you are about your insurance premium while guys ride for free :-(, but all in all I don't think it's worth it depending on the riding you do, it's not just accidents you gotta worry about, no license/insurance tickets and fines aren't the greateat either

Lol the people I know personally that ride dirty have yet to be in an accident that causes a third party to pay out of pocket.. it's the insured guys that are out riding reckless raising your insurance premiums all summer long lmao so depends how you wanna look at it..or how tight you are about your insurance premium while guys ride for free :-(, but all in all I don't think it's worth it depending on the riding you do, it's not just accidents you gotta worry about, no license/insurance tickets and fines aren't the greateat either

Hmm, "It's the insured guys that are out riding reckless(ly)"... Seems like you're suggesting non-insured street riders don't ride recklessly - if they were to get lit up, would they run? Would they be running safely...?

No one plans on getting into an accident. Good luck to your buddies if they were to get side-swiped by a McClaren and deemed partially at fault.

Anyway, good luck getting licensed and insured the right way. There's a reason there aren't very many long-term "dirty" riders.

To the OP, I know someone who borrowed a plate from a friend and made a temp sticker for it and proceeded to put over 1000km on before his M1 exit course. Worked just fine, don't ride like a tool and you won't get noticed. I don't condone this, it was my friend ;)

To the OP, I know someone who borrowed a plate from a friend and made a temp sticker for it and proceeded to put over 1000km on before his M1 exit course. Worked just fine, don't ride like a tool and you won't get noticed. I don't condone this, it was my friend ;)

Did your "friend" happen to live in Keswick? Most of the people riding like tools seem to be around the city, not 1hr North of it. Much lower police presence there too.

Luck of the draw. Know someone with a legit plates, put the legit sticker on the wrong plate(multiple plates) and got pulled over for it. Cop knifed off the sticker, gave a ticket and told rider to get a sticker and the ticket could be cancelled. So, a borrowed plate and fake sticker would go well.

Rates will go up regardless, because:

1) Riders with insurance crash too.

2) Greed

3) Ontario industry monopolies+political influence

Just an observation.

I don't really agree with the 'it makes my costs go up' mantra. I concur that people should make their own choices in life. Just don't cry when you f-up and make your situation even worse.

Yeah I got a couple buddies who have old plates off other people lol some have been going 5+ years "if you're gonna ride dirty, look as clean as possible" half the time they just look to make sure you got one and don't even run it lol

I don't really agree with the 'it makes my costs go up' mantra.

There's a line item on your insurance called "uninsured motorist" that has a very direct cost to your insurance every year. It's not massive, but it's there.

So yeah, your costs go up. And the more people that ride dirty, the higher it will go as insurance companies are still on the hook for your damage & care in the case you are hit by an uninsured driver/rider, so that money needs to come from somewhere.

Lol the people I know personally that ride dirty have yet to be in an accident that causes a third party to pay out of pocket.. it's the insured guys that are out riding reckless raising your insurance premiums all summer long lmao so depends how you wanna look at it..or

That's some interesting logic...that the ones who actually have insurance and are riding legal are the reckless ones?

By that logic are the ones that are riding dirty somehow safer and less reckless?

And as someone else mentioned, riding dirty is all fine and dandy...until someday it's not. Try injuring someone who then sues you, or sideswipe someone's expensive car.

Or yeah, just getting busted, getting nailed with the tickets, and being uninsurable for a decade. There's been a few of those tales of woe here recently.

Back
Top Bottom