buying a car | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

buying a car

Manual, too. Go check it out. If all's well, snap it up. Not too many of those out there. At that price, even if you have to fix a little thing or two ... no big deal.

Manual, too. Go check it out. If all's well, snap it up. Not too many of those out there. At that price, even if you have to fix a little thing or two ... no big deal.

Post 38 he OP says no standards. Oh well, that looks like a good deal for someone.

You realize that the hatch area in a hatchback is bigger than the trunk area in a sedan? (The CUV is today's hatchback / station wagon) - only exception is if the hatch version of the car is actually shorter than the trunk version - which it sometimes is. Still, the hatch version can often swallow a bigger object than the trunk version for the simple reason that the object won't fit through the trunk opening but will fit through the hatch opening.

And if you can't afford a Civic, you certainly can't afford an Accord (bigger), and you really can't afford an Acura (near-luxury). If the price tag sets the absolute cap, the bigger or higher end cars will be older ... and in many cases, with more doodads and gizmos to break and be expensive to fix.

Go to your local dealer area and walk around, ask questions, and test-drive.

3 year old off-lease "certified pre-owned" Chevy Cruze with a warranty.

When the price tag is the limiting factor, a "newer" lower-end car is better than an "older" higher-end car. Less stuff to go wrong, less chance of it going wrong, better chance of still having a warranty in effect.

I will check out the Cruze, thanks Brian, so you're suggesting a '15 model?

I would avoid the Chevy Cruze with the 1.4L Turbo
That drivetrain has a known coolant burning issue that enters the cabin, possibly through heater core

First year Cruzes had a head gasket issue iirc.

Was it head gasket or valve cover gasket?

I had to replace the valve cover (with PCV and new gasket) on my Volt. It was under $100 and took about 40 mins in my driveway.

don't see it mentioned, and some may laugh
but a Focus SE is well within that price range
could maybe find a Titanium fully loaded up

like mentioned earlier, km that low will seriously limit selection
and for a small car, I'd wonder why a sedan instead of a hatch

here's a nice example at the top of OP's km range

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...ms/1363626097?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I'm not gonna laugh but I wouldn't touch a focus with the dual clutch tranny. That thing is horrible and Ford still hasn't figured it out. I'm not biased, I own 2 focus but they are both manuals and performance models.

To OP what about a camry or Accord in those years.

Last edited:
Had a rental Focus Titanium. Tranny went into limp mode 3 times in 2 days.

@dieselxx the camry and accord in those years for the price I'm asking will most likely have quite high mileage, not to mention all the luxury amenities it carries just means more to go wrong and more to fix

@dieselxx the camry and accord in those years for the price I'm asking will most likely have quite high mileage, not to mention all the luxury amenities it carries just means more to go wrong and more to fix

I've seen them in the range of 8000-13000$ in both v6 and I4. The 4cyl does have oil burning issues though. I do have a 2010 camry SE v6 which has been bulletproof for 100 000km. They are boring though , lol but I'm spoiled with the moto and 2 fast Fords. I may be looking to dump the camry soon. It's a great car if you don't like exciting drives, but that v6 is silky smooth butter.
I've been offered only 6000$ by dealers for that car (100000km) which I feel is kinda ridiculous since the are going for 12000 all day.
I wouldn't worry about 160-200 k km on a camry or Accord.

Last edited:
i have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, 6 speed, just under 55,000 km on it (i don't drive far) and I've not had a single thing go wrong with it...just do regular maintenance on it at home...been great for me...

I dont think you can go wrong with an Elantra, they are predominately taxis in South Korea. If their tough enough for that...

I've got a 2007 city jetta with 210k on it. Was looking to get rid of it for $3500. A bit outside your criteria but way under budget.

What about a Fusion? I'm sure the 4 cyl will be within budget and possibly the 6. Definitely more trunk space than the earlier options.
Did they have any issues?
These look good:

Please view this ad:

2007 Ford Fusion SEL,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*8,925 + Taxes

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Please view this ad:

2014 Ford Fusion SE EXCELLENT CONDITION! NO ACCIDENTS!,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*12,476 + Taxes

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom