AirBnB for motorcycle rental | GTAMotorcycle.com

AirBnB for motorcycle rental

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Well this is appealing ...

preview

https://www.riders-share.com/listing/wrDFtHiGR6LhDoT2C

$93.15 Total Per Day × 15 days TOTAL: $1397.25

That makes financial sense ....round trip flight for me is peanuts. I have no idea how they work insurance or my insurance

https://www.facebook.com/ridersshare/

••••••

Honda_CB650F_motorbike_motorcycle_rental_hire_brisbane_gold_coast_sunshine_coast_queensland_australia_RTB_kawasaki_cheap_motorbike_bike_for_sale.jpg

Got me thinking since I missed my trip to BC this year....maybe a ride around Brisbane area which is lovely riding.....$100 a day and my sister in law is there so no cost for accommodation.

https://rent-this-bike.com/collections/frontpage/products/honda-cb650f-lams-approved

I take my gear to ride in Cairns so easy enough.....was hoping for something with luggage but still early in the search.

Last edited:
That's pretty good. Checked out the website. The choices and prices are way better than certain companies line Eagle Rider, etc.

I feel that the bike condition could go either way though.

I myself would never let a stranger ride mine but good to know that options exist

I only have $5k in my cbf ...if a mature rider wanted to rent it at $100 a day for a longish period I'd jump at it.

It's been stationary dropped a couple of times...it is low CoG so not likely to give anyone grief and it's been fully serviced.

Just don't know about liability in Ontario.

I think it's a good deal for places like Colorado and the west coast US ...cheap return flights.

Found a place in Brisbane rents 650 Vstroms for $80 a day ....that's definite potential for next month tho I might coax the KLR down the coast and back..

Gee $58 a day for a fav bike

preview
in a great area

https://www.riders-share.com/listing/vJpvdrycpvPaJYDma

This guys in Oakville
https://www.riders-share.com/listing/gqEa5qMKGmMpryLF4

hmmm

Well that insurance question is answered
https://www.riders-share.com/help/insurance-policy

I have a perfect situation while I'm away in Australia but no one to handle the rental :(

Last edited:
50K liability per person, 100K per accident...?? Doesn't sound like much of a policy!

That's what I was thinking. Unless this bike was inside a corporation, there is no way I would be happy with that policy. Now if you did spin up said corporation and stocked it from the reasonably priced bike thread, you may have a viable low-maintenance income stream.

50K liability per person, 100K per accident...?? Doesn't sound like much of a policy!
Then it's up to the renter to buy more coverage.

$1,000 deductible for damage/theft with coverage of up to $15,000

$2,500 deductible for third party liability with limits of $50,000 per person, $100,000 per accident and $300,000 aggregate

The deductible is paid by the renter; barring that, by Riders Share. Owners should never have to pay for it. If you have additional questions regarding the protection plan, please contact us at support@riders-share.com.

To file a claim, call the number on the insurance card that is attached to your booking. It is the same insurance card for all bookings/motorcycles. If the insurance company does not respond immediately, please leave a voicemail and contact us at support@riders-share.com.

Prime Insurance cards may be found in the "documents" section of your booking or trip.

Where is the risk to the person owning the bike being rented?.

When the inevitable million dollar lawsuit happens, where do you think they will look? I can't see any protection for the owner. Their own bike insurance won't help as the bike was rented out, the Riders Share policy only covers a bit of the lawsuit, the rider will obviously get included but may not have enough assets to cover it, that comes back around to the owner personally throwing in the last $800,000+.

The owner of the bike and the person renting it out... WILL be included in any and all lawsuits.

Doesn't Ontario have a minimum liability insurance law/rule?
Does that policy even meet the required minimum?

If you don't like it ....don't play. There is no "inevitable lawsuit" .....

You do realize you can be sued for not cleaning your sidewalk of ice ......someone slips and falls and is a parapalegic

FFS the insurance industry has you wrapped around its finger. :rolleyes:

Got a dog?? ....better duck ...

Dogs and Your Home Insurance

August 21, 2015
In the time it takes you to read this article three Canadians will be bitten by dogs. The Humane Society of Canada estimates that a dog bite happens every minute in Canada, amounting to more than 525,000 bites a year.

Dog bites cost insurers millions of dollars each year. One insurer reported that they paid out $104 million resulting from 3,700 dog bite claims in 2013 in Canada and the U.S. Dog bites in Ontario alone cost $940,000. This number is typical of the insurer’s annual Ontario claims with the exception of 2012, which cost a record-breaking $2.4 million in insured losses.
https://www.insurancehotline.com/dogs-and-your-home-insurance/

My buddy rented a triumph speed triple out in Colorado and has an amazing experience

$105 for 2 days including insurance
c4a6ea854670d69b92a0f8b959f724f8.jpg
86f7b3ba04308eba5a1fa60de8ff9692.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

$105 all in ?? that's a sweet deal. I think Rider Share works well for Canadians wanting to ride the west US and try different bikes.

$105 all in ?? that's a sweet deal. I think Rider Share works well for Canadians wanting to ride the west US and try different bikes.
Yes..he rode it into the rocky mtns and climbed up mt evans

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you don't like it ....don't play. There is no "inevitable lawsuit" .....

You do realize you can be sued for not cleaning your sidewalk of ice ......someone slips and falls and is a parapalegic

FFS the insurance industry has you wrapped around its finger. :rolleyes:

Got a dog?? ....better duck ...

https://www.insurancehotline.com/dogs-and-your-home-insurance/

yes I do have dogs... and the appropriate insurance. I also have a commercial policy that would allow me to lend out or rent my vehicles to others and/or use anyone else's vehicle and be fully covered.. 7 million per person, 25 million max per incident.

This is dicey proposition in Ontario as the bike has to be insured by the owner and I'm pretty sure if you're in the 'bike for hire' game, your insurance might be a problem.

I looked long and hard at starting a legit bike rental, insurance was the primary obstacle. No insurance company would even quote -- not even the ones who insure race schools. I can't imagine what would happen when if a rider had a serious accident on your 'rental bike' then called in your insurance to pay.

This is dicey proposition in Ontario as the bike has to be insured by the owner and I'm pretty sure if you're in the 'bike for hire' game, your insurance might be a problem.

I looked long and hard at starting a legit bike rental, insurance was the primary obstacle. No insurance company would even quote -- not even the ones who insure race schools. I can't imagine what would happen when if a rider had a serious accident on your 'rental bike' then called in your insurance to pay.

Agreed. I may consider using this to rent when traveling, but would never consider renting out a bike through this program. Even if it was a bike I didn't care about, the impact on my insurance coverage and the liability risk beyond their minimum coverage makes it a none-starter.

I can't tell from the web-site, do you need to put a bike into the program to be able to rent, or are you able to join just as a renter?

you don't need to have a bike on it.

I still have not got the answer from my insurance guy.

The program is not for 16 year olds ....it's geared to experienced riders that both the renter and the company vet.

The one thing I don't like is you cannot talk to the renter before renting as you can with AirBnB.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom