Anyone use Bose QuietComfort 20 while riding ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone use Bose QuietComfort 20 while riding ?

pfbmgd

Looking for ear plugs with headphone function . But I want the noise cancelling or hearing protection with head phone. Any local GTA suppliers of such items ?

I got mine at The Source. I really like them. They do make a popping sound when there's a lot of turbulence; like when I'm following a large truck

Sent from my MIX Lite using Tapatalk

Pioneer Rayz are better and cheaper and the noise canceling works plus no batteries to fiddle with. Look in the touring section for my review
iPhone only tho

All good earphones like Shure's have at least -25 dB attenuation if you use the Comply or Westone tips,

Last edited:
The popping is almost constant on my bike and makes them unusable for me, but it'll depend on your specific aerodynamics. It's an air pressure thing - they even occasionally pop in the car with all the windows up when a large vehicle passes in the opposite direction.

I bought mine for the office though, not the bike. Even if they worked better on the bike I'd still hesitate to use them due to their cost and the risk of damaging them.

I was skeptical that any earphone could do noise reduction due to the physics of sound waves on the highway ....Rayz certainly eliminate the higher frequency noise and justy leave the lower frequency burble/rumble - quite remarkable tech and decent price. $120 US currently
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Rayz-Plus-Cancelling-Lightning/dp/B06VWR5J6X

well made tho cable to the control from the earphone is a bit short but that's minor.
Big trick is make sure they get calibrated while you are riding at speed.
WIll be marvelous on the plane to Australia....really knocks down constant ambient noises.

I've been wearing a wired pair of these for 5 years. Just ordered a new Bluetooth equipped pair last week. Got the earmolds done for free at a Costco hearing center.

http://www.hearsmart.com/afe-1-single.html

There's a thread elsewhere on the forum about the cost of hearing aids. They are in the thousands. Long term vs short term spending.

Worked in metal stamping for years, didn't need to spring for $700 noise cancelling/isolating cans to survive that job, still have my hearing. Not only that, company provided yearly hearing test and it never degraded a shred.

I have over ear Sony Noise Cancelling headphones, they work just fine for the places i want them. I have a friend with Quiet Comforts, does his noise cancelling work better? Yes. Does it work 2x the price better? NO!

Price does not trump common sense.

Anyone here listen to music while riding, or do you just use the noise cancelling functionality with no audio? Never tried it and wondering what it's like. Do you feel less aware of your surroundings?

Bose has always been overpriced. Panasonic and Pioneer good tech at decent price and these Rayz very well thought out.

Anyone here listen to music while riding, or do you just use the noise cancelling functionality with no audio? Never tried it and wondering what it's like. Do you feel less aware of your surroundings?

I always use music while riding, ear plugs. Helps drown out the noise of traffic, need to be careful not to run too loud or you won't hear emergency vehicles etc. Nah, you can see more while on a bike and should be keeping your head on a swivel anyways.

I always use music while riding, ear plugs. Helps drown out the noise of traffic, need to be careful not to run too loud or you won't hear emergency vehicles etc. Nah, you can see more while on a bike and should be keeping your head on a swivel anyways.
Interesting. Will give it a shot once and see how it feels.

Last edited:
Check out the Shure SE215 sound isolating earbuds. about 150$, I've put hundreds of hours on mine and the only issue is the gold plating wearing off the connector. Reduces wind noise A LOT while still hearing horns, loud pipes, etc. Even with the music turned down to the first notch it's still extremely clear and clean

I and several others here use them ...just needs the better tips to work best. I've seen around under $100 cdn.

Love `em. Been riding with them for years. Never had any problems. Coupled with a FiiO E12A Mont Blanc IEM. Expensive yes. So is riding a motorcycle. Yolo. Got them at the Bose outlet store. Premium Outlet. Steeles and Trafalgar. Got them with $100 off, providing it was white.

I used to ride with wired earphones but got tired of having cables everywhere. Got an intercom system with speakers well positioned in the helmet (absolutely key!) put my foam earplugs in and the switch the music on. Sounds great to me and no cables and much reduced wind noise and fatigue.

I recently bought the new top of the line Sony over ear noise cancelling wireless headphones. I think they give Bose a real run for their money on noise cancelling and with much better sounding music. The noise cancelling is phenomenal compared to my last headphones. I couldn’t use the in ear Bose noise cancelling phones due to the popping that is continually mentioned and also the dicking about with putting your helmet on carefully etc. I’ve also found that whatever tips you use for the earphones they won’t beat out the noise reduction from a good pair of foam earplugs and I tried the comply and a bunch of others with my Sures.

Back
Top Bottom