motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links)

As much as I despise Lorenzo, it was a pretty good showing on his behalf.
But, do you really believe that a single fix of a modified gas tank made him go from upper mid pack to his position in the last 2 races? Or, do you think it might be a placebo effect? Minor mod = perceived huge change?

What setup changes made Quatararo from an also ran, to beating everyone to a pulp yesterday? Something obviously changed that suited him perfectly, admittedly as mentioned earlier in this thread he was touted as the next great thing, but he's been a huge disappointment for the past three years.

And WTF at the end of the Moto2 race, bizarre that Oliveria got punted from behind.

Half decent day for the Brits, they all stay upright including Lowes. Sam did a great job starting from the back of the grid.

I don't want to say it, but MM is overdue for an injury. What would happen then lol? terrible thought but...

Position Entrant Points

1 Honda 150
2 Yamaha 132
3 Ducati 124
4 Suzuki 80
5 KTM 29
6 Aprilia 22
2018 MotoGP Riders Championship - Round 7Position Entrant Points
1 Marc MarquezRepsol Honda Team 115
2 Valentino RossiMovistar Yamaha MotoGP 88
3 Maverick VinalesMovistar Yamaha MotoGP 77
4 Johann ZarcoMonster Yamaha Tech3 73
5 Danilo PetrucciAlma Pramac Racing 71
6 Cal CrutchlowLCR Honda 69
7 Andrea IannoneTeam Suzuki Ecstar 66
8 Andrea DoviziosoDucati Team 66
9 Jorge LorenzoDucati Team 66
10 Jack MillerAlma Pramac Racing 49
11 Dani PedrosaRepsol Honda Team 40
12 Alex RinsTeam Suzuki Ecstar 33
13 Pol EspargaroRed Bull KTM Factory Racing 28
14 Tito RabatReale Avintia Racing 27
15 Alvaro BautistaAngel Nieto Team 26
16 Franco MorbidelliEG 0,0 Marc VDS 19
17 Hafizh SyahrinMonster Yamaha Tech3 17
18 Aleix EspargaroAprilia Racing Team Gresini 13
19 Takaaki NakagamiLCR Honda 10
20 Scott ReddingAprilia Racing Team Gresini 9
21 Bradley SmithRed Bull KTM Factory Racing 7
22 Mika KallioRed Bull KTM Factory Racing 6
23 Karel AbrahamAngel Nieto Team 4
24 Xavier SimeonReale Avintia Racing 0
25 Sylvain GuintoliSuzuki Ecstar 0
26 Thomas LuthiEG 0,0 Marc VDS 0
27 Stefan BradlHonda 0

Last edited:
I don't want to say it, but MM is overdue for an injury. What would happen then lol? terrible thought but...

He does ride on the edge 100% of the time, but the thing is I think his genetics and constant flexibility training has really paid off for his riding style, plus he's really young. A part of me actually thinks he already has some slight spinal injuries by the way he is constantly moving during interviews, especially when he is sitting he sometimes looks like he has something like sciatic issues; how many crashes has he had total in his career before his record breaking 26 last year? Then again, he could just be tired of sitting being asked the same tired questions and just wants to gtfo and get on a bike, so who knows?

That being said, I hope that hasn't/doesn't occur, dull championship or not, as rider you never want to see another rider crash; they happen and are a part of the sport of it all, and while some riders are more prone to it (Marc, Cal etc...) its not easy to ignore that an injury is likely and will happen either way. I mean, I'm not a Vale fan, as all of you know by now, but when he crashed in Japan in 2016 and you could see him with his leg pinned under the bike coping with the fall trying to get it restarted and having his championship become effectively over it was hard not to feel bad for the guy.

[video=youtube;zqlATi0sSJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqlATi0sSJA[/video]

Last edited:
As much as I would like to see the championship become challenging for more riders. Wanting to have a rider out due to an injury just doesn't feel right. There's still a chance the championship could be competitive. Lorenzo is looking really good on the Ducati. Dovi, hopefully has got all his crashes out of his system. Rossi is still in there. He's consistent and hopefully with the upcoming testing, they find that extra something to make the Yamaha be able to compete for winning and not just podems.

As much has I am not a Marc fan, he is an amazing rider. I just don't want to see MOTOGP become like F1.

Great motogp quali today

Would have been interesting to see the maniac start from pole

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Still looks like MM will be at the front but the rest of the top 10 is anyones guess!!

Fantastic race!

Truly incredible race

Don't know what happened last 2 laps but seemed like everyone lost steam

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MM said he was taking it easy to preserve tires in which gave the affect of a moto 2 race. So after that it doesn't feel as epic.

Awesome race, fabulous display of how good these guys really are. Just 16 seconds separated the top 15 riders in the world.

Great race. Best race since Philip Island a few years ago... 2015 or 2016?? Can’t remember.

Similar MM check-out at the end though.

Awesome race, Definitely one for the highlight reel.; I wish it would be like that every race weekend. Mav and Rins fighting until the end was also really good. And did Rossi try to pull a 93 pass on Dovi in the last couple of turns, because Dovi was having none of it and knew exactly what to do and I saw him waving Rossi off as he crossed the line. What do they say about old dogs and new tricks?

Shame JLO didn't get the 3 in a row record, but I guess given teh contact he's probably glad he didn't get thrown off his bike, but it was still a solid performance.

MM said he was taking it easy to preserve tires in which gave the affect of a moto 2 race. So after that it doesn't feel as epic.

I figured as much because he was on soft rear and then he was all of a sudden over a second off in the end while evryone had worn theirs out, but ever the showman he gave everyone a show in the process. I was actually yelling when Rins stood him up and he lost it as I thought it was over and we would have been denied this race.

Back
Top Bottom