motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links) | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links)

You might be right, but I would have also agreed that he would have figured the ducati out relatively quickly. His slow adoption to Ducati mystified me.

If I remember right, his breakthrough moment was when he moved the seat back an inch or two to change the weight distribution. Then he started winning.

Many good riders have tried to tame the Desmo and failed. I think Lorenzo arrived just as development of the bike was starting to show results. I also think Dovi had a lot to do with that development.

Lorenzo must be having mixed feelings though. Part of him must be pretty smug racking up these impressive results *after* they let him go. But another part of him must also be rueing over losing a bike that he's finally able to win on. That said, I think he'll master the Honda in no time.

As much as I want this to be true, I just don't see it happening; this weekend was a good indication of just how hard that HRC can be for even Marc in changing conditions (JLO doesn't do well on changing conditions even on a Yamaha). I think he'll struggle for a season(possibly 2?) and get some podiums and maybe a win or twoand then return to Yamaha or a Satellite with factory support after getting tired of being a number 2 rider, which is where he really should have gone after Ducati and him decided to part ways. Lin Jarvis is probably just following orders from above for all we know, but that would have been a huge windfall for Yamaha if he would have signed a motivated Lorenzo for pennies to get them to develop their bike. Instead HRC neutralized the only real threat Ducati had at taking the fight to Marc.

I still contend Dovi never was a real threat to Marc on even a troubled HRC (never ending acceleration/floating feeling problems and wheely issues much like Yamaha's current situation) on anything but paper that season, but he did capitalize on those issues and provided spectacle to what would have otherwise been another dominant season as Maverick started to fade.

If I remember right, his breakthrough moment was when he moved the seat back an inch or two to change the weight distribution. Then he started winning.

Many good riders have tried to tame the Desmo and failed. I think Lorenzo arrived just as development of the bike was starting to show results. I also think Dovi had a lot to do with that development.

Fuel tank; and if we're to believe JLO he'd been asking for it since his 1st season but never got it until Muggelo. Apparently it made him exhausted and couldn't mesh well with the bike.

Last edited:
Anyone else having problems with the stream today? Can't scrub forwards or backwards... tried multiple web browsers...
Only way I can get it to scrub is play stream on computer and use AppleTV to rewind/fast forward, but it drops the stream if I try to pause it.

Anyone else having problems with the stream today? Can't scrub forwards or backwards... tried multiple web browsers...
Only way I can get it to scrub is play stream on computer and use AppleTV to rewind/fast forward, but it drops the stream if I try to pause it.

I was on BT Sports this am, I checked out JC's stream but kept getting buffered; you guys have G-links, right?

Wow, that GP race felt unnecessarily dangerous.

I wonder if Marquez' shoulder will be a problem for his long term potential. Sounds like he dislocated his shoulder 2 times this weekend.

Wow, that GP race felt unnecessarily dangerous.

I wonder if Marquez' shoulder will be a problem for his long term potential. Sounds like he dislocated his shoulder 2 times this weekend.

He’s having surgery after the Jerez test to fix it

Wow, what a race! I'm super impressed with KTM and Espargaro's emotional reaction was really cool to see. I thought it was a big mistake for Zarco to leave Yamaha for KTM but I guess we'll have to see.

yup, has usually been a struggle for me
antiquated IE is the only browser that has worked half way decent for scrubbing for me
took about a dozen tries get the stream to hook in the right place for this race
Montreal stream has never worked well for me for that

crazy race, much respect for all those riders hanging it out there in those conditions

and agree the Zarco move is a strange one
but i guess he really wanted to be a factory rider
and $$ played a part most likely

And you get a say in the development of the bike.

true enough, and that would be rewarding

if he'd hung on a year ore two, prolly could have replaced VR with Yamaha
but I guess that could still happen anyway after a brief stint with KTM

With the pins in place to hold his shoulder in, it should. Can't imaging putting up with a simple slap on the back dislocating his shoulder.

It's pretty bad, in that video of his from Cervera he was asked about the shoulder, and he said its come put at least 25 times this year alone. Apparently a few hours to LeMan's race this year, too.

These guys are utterly insane: I mean they're practically midgets riding around on a 270hp death trap, banging elbows at 150mph+ and falling all the time. Its been a while since we've seen it, but most get put on pain killers and are expected to ride that way. They really are Alien-like, I don't even like riding in the rain anymore due to an arthritic knee, ankle and shoulder.

The race was probably what I thought Silverstone would be like, but at 1/2 the speeds we saw in Valencia; it felt like 1/2 the grid was missing by the time the red flag came out, the amount of crashes that weekend was absurd! Someone needs to tally all of them just to put it all into perspetive, FP1/2 was like 53 crashes in all classes, right?

Lets see how JLO gets on with the HRC at testing.

true enough, and that would be rewarding

if he'd hung on a year ore two, prolly could have replaced VR with Yamaha
but I guess that could still happen anyway after a brief stint with KTM

I doubt it, if things shape out well at KTM why would he leave?

I think Morbedelli is being groomed for that seat at this point. Mir on that bike might be interesting, too, since he always said he has more of a Rossi riding style.

Last edited:
155 crashes across all classes for this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kind of silly i know, but i always enjoy the out-of-livery bike schemes in winter testing. Iannone has a good one.

Back
Top Bottom