motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links) - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links)

Re: motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links)

Quote Originally Posted by basmn View Post
    Bike and Rossi seemed to work well at the begining of the season.....
    You could probably argue that Rossi is just an old git and over the hill but he consistently outperforms his 23 year old team mate who not so long ago was hailed as the next great thing.

Zarco was riding the wheels off his Yamaha, 32 seconds behind the winner. Only 7 seconds in front of the second Aprilla which goes to show how bad the Yamaha's performed this weekend.

It is just me or does Marquez vs Dovi remind anyone of Rossi vs Gibernau?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    just you
    but since when does my opinion count
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

Maybe just in that last race. But Dovi has had Marquez's number in lots of races when they've gone head-to-head, especially at the end of last season.

Not very Sete-like at all.

Quasi-off topic but notable: Ana Carrasco becomes first female rider to win motorbike world title

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...otorbike-rider

Quasi-off topic but notable: Ana Carrasco becomes first female rider to win motorbike world title

And the lil' girl beat the boys!! What a finish for the year!! A very exciting weekend mostly green...
    2017 R6 2018 Ninja 400

Che cazzo facciamo?!

Quote Originally Posted by sempre1 View Post
    And the lil' girl beat the boys!! What a finish for the year!! A very exciting weekend mostly green...
    So, back to Moto3 then?

But wasn't she the only experienced rider in that category, though? I mean, a triumph is a triumph, regardless of sex, but I'd like to see what she can do in Moto3 again. Its unfortunate that she lost her ride due to finances (I think?) so now with a title she should have some doors opened and a possible ride on the grid, right? I mean if McPhee still gets a ride after all the crashes and hype from BT sports annoucners, she has to have at least some shot.
    Last edited by Winales_2017; 10-01-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winales_2017 View Post
    So, back to Moto3 then?

But wasn't she the only experienced rider in that category, though? I mean, a triumph is a triumph, regardless of sex, but I'd like to see what she can do in Moto3 again. Its unfortunate that she lost her ride due to finances (I think?) so now with a title she should have some doors opened and a possible ride on the grid, right? I mean if McPhee still gets a ride after all the crashes and hype from BT sports annoucners, she has to have at least some shot.
    It'd be one of:

1. Moto3
    2. WSS
    3. Euro Moto2

The Euro stock 600 championships are no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Winales_2017 View Post
    So, back to Moto3 then?

I believe mikka perro is in wss as well so some talent was there

Damn, finally we're back to sane hours and I didn't get to watch any of the sessions until now; looks like if all goes well Marc has another World Title wrapped up in Motegi, which is a definite plus for HRC and the Japanese fans.

But, it means yet another year of Marc dominance, which as a fan is... bitter-sweet; I like seeing Marc pushed to his limits and despite what anyone says, I thought Argentina was beaten only by Assen, and Mugello races as the Best of the Year. That showed what Marc is containing at all times, which makes what he does even more impressive. The 'Marquez style' is a double-edged sword and can bite back.

JLO's high-side looked intense, another non-scoring race, it seems. Too bad, I think he could have fought for a podium as he seemed like his old motivated self this weekend.

Edit: Just saw the race now, and that was tight racing between Marc and Dovi. Its unfortunate he couldn't get on as well with this year's bike, but that is racing I suppose. Yamaha looked in good form, but I'm still not convinced and feel that they still have a lot of work to do. But hopefully this spurs them on to carry on this momentum for next year's chassis.

I still need to watch moto2 and 3. But apparently they were good races, too.
    Last edited by Winales_2017; 10-09-2018 at 03:08 AM.

Mods: Delete this post.

Debate: Who do you think would do better on the Ducati next year? Danilo Petrucci or Jonathan Rea?

Rea once said he would only come to GP on a competitive bike. I would argue the Ducati seat would have been perfect from an availability perspective considering Ducati did not re-sign Lorenzo and opted for Petrucci. IMO Rea would perform better than Petrucci. Obviously we'll never know, but it was something that came to me as he just won his 10th race in a row.

great to see
    no reason why women can't compete
    in a sport dominated by 5 ft 4, 130 lb athletes