motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links) | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links)

Looks like he's going to do okay... :D

pvklc.jpg

:lmao: kek. That solves everything, then.

What I meant, was where could a person blacklisted at such a young age go within motorsports; I've never seen or heard of what happens when someone is banned from racing. I can't think of a single person to have that happen to them, its mostly that the Team folds due to lack of funds and if unable to find another drive they go back to a normal 9-5 often as a mechanic, fabricator or fade into oblivion.

In other news, Pedrosa to KTM was rather interesting; I guess Puig really wanted to cut all ties with Dani after his retirement, I don't think Sakamoto would have let him go anywhere else with all of Honda's info/data in his head after all these years. KTM really got a good deal with 4 bikes, Zarco and some up-coming talent from Moto2 and now a retired HRC veteran to help develop the bike(s). KTM has money and talent, now they just need to make that massive leap to develop further and fight for podiums on a regular basis. I hope Suzuki gets back to winning ways with Mir joining the project.

Last edited:
:lmao: kek. That solves everything, then.

What I meant, was where could a person blacklisted at such a young age go within motorsports; I've never seen or heard of what happens when someone is banned from racing. I can't think of a single person to have that happen to them, its mostly that the Team folds due to lack of funds and if unable to find another drive they go back to a normal 9-5 often as a mechanic, fabricator or fade into oblivion.

In other news, Pedrosa to KTM was rather interesting; I guess Puig really wanted to cut all ties with Dani after his retirement, I don't think Sakamoto would have let him go anywhere else with all of Honda's info/data in his head after all these years. KTM really got a good deal with 4 bikes, Zarco and some up-coming talent from Moto2 and now a retired HRC veteran to help develop the bike(s). KTM has money and talent, now they just need to make that massive leap to develop further and fight for podiums on a regular basis. I hope Suzuki gets back to winning ways with Mir joining the project.

good read on pedrosa and ktm. pedrosa joining ktm is a valuable asset for the team.

#46 almost 2 sec from pole position.

0.6 sec faster than Redding.......:agave:

Couldn’t get a lap by lap breakdown of VR in Q1 but his fastest lap was Lap 2 during his first run.

Qualy was like a moto3 qualy, but still rather entertaining; Marc's opening lap was insane, that's the old Marc flash--looking completely off line, sliding everywhere about to crash and still being able to go faster than anyone else until the very end. I think Marc could have at least got P2, but the last lap waiting-game hindered his chances. Oh, well this will make for a good fight with JLO and Dovi.

JLO needs to stay on the red bike next season, Gigi needs to go and talk to VW/Audi and just say his investment is starting to pay dividends, that Ducati is the best bike on the grid, and now that JLO found his groove its could be a good 2019, rather than another (momentarily) languishing JLO on an HRC.

I just saw the first PC of the year, and JLO has really adapted to the Ducati, his arms look bigger than Dovi's, he's put on some serious bulk from his Yamaha days. Its odd to see as his neck is about the same, and the leathers hide his upper body.

Shame for Mav and Franco, but good on Nakagami that was a good lap. Zarco put it all out there on his last lap, too.

Rossi's snub was an indication of how well that relationship is going at Yamaha. P18...

Last edited:
SPOILER ALERT

Anyone have news on JL injury?

good weekend for the suzuki's.

EDIT just read JL had a dislocated toe. I thought worse after seeing him on a stretcher.

Last edited:
JLO crashing out early changed the nature of the race.

He would have sprinted out in the front as he always does, perhaps forcing MM to burn up his soft rear to keep up.

Dovi setting an early slow pace actually helped out MM who was able to use that rear to his advantage at the end of the race.

tire talk is interesting. I cannot imagine how many zero's mm93 paycheque has now...and will have after the next contract.
Im thrilled to see suzuki mixing it up near the front.

JLO crashing out early changed the nature of the race.

He would have sprinted out in the front as he always does, perhaps forcing MM to burn up his soft rear to keep up.

Dovi setting an early slow pace actually helped out MM who was able to use that rear to his advantage at the end of the race.

Agreed. JLO crashing out of 2 races in a row is... strange. He dislocated a toe? Well, good thing it wasn't that clavicle as I saw his helmet hit the pavement pretty hard, that was a pretty nasty highside. It reminded me of Dani's as he went into the dirty side and tried to get on throttle.

Marc controlled that race, but the battles between Dovi were good; the Suzuki's pace was a nice surprise. I hope they have this pace for the rest of the year and carry it on to next season to see Mir challenging for podiums soon.

Whats up with Rossi and Yamaha lately..... cant seem to cut the mustard in qualifying and the races ????... Age catching up with him..? ...Lost his edge ?

Whats up with Rossi and Yamaha lately..... cant seem to cut the mustard in qualifying and the races ????... Age catching up with him..? ...Lost his edge ?
Nothing to do with Rossi age or his perfomance..looks Vinales or even Zarco...yamaha is in crisis they need a new development bike and hopefully they will have soon for next year

Nothing to do with Rossi age or his perfomance..looks Vinales or even Zarco...yamaha is in crisis they need a new development bike and hopefully they will have soon for next year

Bike and Rossi seemed to work well at the begining of the season.....

Back
Top Bottom