motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links) | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links)

Entire 2018 season and Pre-2019 testing now available for $1.50 here

You can still buy it, I just tried right now; Dorna is a total money hungry *****, but I wanted to watch the 2 stroke era in the off season without having to torrent hunt or get random clips on youtube. Watching 1992 Japan GP, it pretty much looks like what Valencia's conditions were.

So... VR just called the Yamaha a 4th place bike. I know it's only testing but I am not sure how Yamaha will make dramatic improvements in such a short time, particularly to the engine.

So... VR just called the Yamaha a 4th place bike. I know it's only testing but I am not sure how Yamaha will make dramatic improvements in such a short time, particularly to the engine.

Honestly, how is Rossi doing himself any favours with these comments in the Media? I get putting pressure on Yamaha in the public sphere is required, to an extent, but saying this and then expecting to get the Engine spec he wants for next year's bike is lost on me. I get that he's been their cash-cow despite the slump as of late, but if they want to keep Mav on that bike its time to give him the bike he needs.

If they want to stop losing to HRC and Ducati then staying the course cannot be an option. I know I'm seen as being anti-Rossi around here, but... even JLO didn't say such negative things during his slump at Ducati.

Mir on that Suzuki is looking like a real good match, and JLO seems to be getting on with that HRC better than most (myself included) expected. Whether he is in contention for wins right off the bat is another matter, of course, but its all looking quite promising at the moment. Also Taka looks like he is gelling with the 18' spec HRC, I honestly thought LCR gave him the '18 bike considering he had full HRC backing like Cal had this year.

Last edited:
I think it's well known you are anti Rossi first lol.... having said that , the odd time you do bring up interesting points.

Rossi being vocal about the lack of progress in the development of the bike is a good thing. Yamaha needs to invest more time and funds to be competitive. Honda, Suzuki and Ducati are all well ahead of the Yamahas. And Ducati is alot smaller in terms of a global company than Yamaha so there is no excuse to not keep with the other top manufacturers in MOTOGP. I'm sure Marverik. Is saying the same thing as Rossi , it's just that he doesn't have as big of an audience as Rossi.

Saying JLO never complained about the Ducati makes no sense. He was complaining right up until his first win until they revised his seat. We will see how long he lasts before he starts blaming the Honda for his poor performance while Marc keeps winning with the same bike.

I would like to see a more even playing field with the Yamahas right up there. We are watching MOTOGP in interesting times with numerous riders at their peak in their careers and all capable of winning races. Rossi is still competitive I don't care how old he is , I doubt anyone else right now would do much better on the current Yamaha. So yes I have no issues with Rossi putting pressure on Yamaha to develop a better bike as soon as possible.

Rossi doesn't need Yamaha as much as they need him. Sort of. and yep, he has a big following and can say a lot that others can't.

Rossi doesn't need Yamaha as much as they need him. Sort of. and yep, he has a big following and can say a lot that others can't.

I can see why anything short of having this view would be seen as anti-Rossi around here. :cool: And to think I actually felt bad when he crashed out in Sepang after leading it for so long, it reminded me of his crash in Motegi in 16', but surprisingly he actually picked up the bike and finished this time, which I commended him for. (And then pushed a marshal who took a selfie with him and then lambasted him an all marshal/race support on social media.) I just wonder where the fun-loving scamp you guys fawn over so much has gone, but I digress...

But consider that performance wise its been nearly a decade since Rossi has won a title, over a year since he won a race after binning it twice while in the lead; so, while he has been a great ambassador for the Sport and has become a Brand--yet seemingly ever-growing bitter character--that most people associate with Motorcycles worldwide, I'm still at a loss of who really wins here: he does sell bikes/gear/merchandise and tickets better than almost the whole grid. And this is what really matters at the end on the commercial side of things for Dorna, the brands and factories. But as a fan of the racing I cannot help but want more from him to stay on that factory bike instead of even one of his VR46 riders to have a go on that bike.

I guess, but Mav was hired as the replacement for Rossi and Yamaha saw early returns with so many victories in early 2017 and he seemed like the only real threat to Marc's dominance, although a strong/fit JLO on a '19 Ducati would have provided a good season and the best chance of ending the dominance in my view; so it seems to me that if Yamaha want their investment to pay off, then they need to put their resources in the Future as they resigned him with the explicit intent to win them championships. So, with the nearly endless barrage of negative statements like this throughout the year by Rossi I can see a very clear line is being drawn, so given what Mav is saying in thre Media I think I know who the big wigs in Iwata would be looking to make the optics look better:

MotoGP: Vinales: The bike to be competitive, to win the title

Whether that actually comes to fruition next season is another matter, but if I'm honest, I'd rather see that dual (which we've all been waiting for since Mav came to Yamaha) than another season with Media polemics about 'ruining the sport' if Marc and Rossi have close race like he's had with JLO, Dovi and Zarco have had with Marc these pasts season. Its just a better spectacle race-wise in my opinion.

Last edited:

Boris is a rather tired figure, with poorly written streams-of-consciousness most times, but that was kind of funny.

Harsh words from Puig about Rossi in the Media, I normally wouldn't care as its not my thing, but since these two love to use the Media for their respective ends, and its getting pretty boring until testing next year in here I thought I'd share it:

Alberto Puig 'Rossi can't accept his time is over.'

Hard to see Nakamoto doing the same as head of HRC's works racing Team.

To be clear: I don't think his 'time is over' as a mentor on that bike, he has 2 VR46 Moto2 champs on the grid next year, one on a satellite Yamaha and who is likely being groomed for his factory seat. I also wanted to see Rossi and Mav get on better but their riding styles and personalities are just not well suited for one another.

Boris is a rather tired figure, with poorly written streams-of-consciousness most times, but that was kind of funny.

Harsh words from Puig about Rossi in the Media, I normally wouldn't care as its not my thing, but since these two love to use the Media for their respective ends, and its getting pretty boring until testing next year in here I thought I'd share it:

Alberto Puig 'Rossi can't accept his time is over.'

Hard to see Nakamoto doing the same as head of HRC's works racing Team.

To be clear: I don't think his 'time is over' as a mentor on that bike, he has 2 VR46 Moto2 champs on the grid next year, one on a satellite Yamaha and who is likely being groomed for his factory seat. I also wanted to see Rossi and Mav get on better but their riding styles and personalities are just not well suited for one another.

Puig is a ******, a cancerous ******. If you think that was harsh, look up what he just said about Dani.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/911686/1/pedrosa-unhappy-puig-comments

Dani Pedrosa has taken issue with comments by former personal and team manager Alberto Puig, which seemed to question his desire to be a MotoGP champion.

The comments were made in an interview Puig conducted with lavanguardia.com, in which he is quoted as saying he found a 'different' Dani this season.

When asked what Pedrosa was lacking this year, Puig replied that to be a MotoGP champion there are things he has not done: "In life nobody gives you anything. There have been others who wanted to win the title more."

Pedrosa responded with the following post on his official Facebook page (see below), regretting Puig's disappointment after always giving his best, rubbishing any 'doubt' about how much he wanted to be champion and questioning why such 'resentful' opinions were not raised in person while he was in the team, rather than in public once he had left.

TRANSLATED:

I regret the vision and disappointment that Alberto Puig has of the results that I have achieved. Yes, I find it curious that he has been changing abruptly, from one day to the next, his opinion about me. I hope that one day he will get over it. I have given him the best of myself, delivering everything I was capable of at every moment. To doubt that a pilot wants to be a champion is not typical of those who dedicate themselves to this sport. I would have appreciated that all the resentment that he is showing me would have shown me in person with as many opportunities as we have had this year, instead of waiting to do it now that I am no longer in the team, because the morbid persecution does not motivate me the slightest. Everything has its moment. In any case, let him leave in peace those who do not speak ill of him ...

Puig was closely involved in both the start and end of Pedrosa's racing career, plucking the youngster from the Movistar Cup and guiding him during a spectacular rise through the 125 and 250cc ranks.

But the MotoGP crown would elude Pedrosa, who finished title runner-up for Repsol Honda in 2007, 2010 and 2012.

Pedrosa then split from Puig at the end of 2013, but they would be brought back together under very different circumstances when the former grand prix racer was hired as Repsol Honda's new team manager at the end of last season.

Puig then played a leading role in clinching triple MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo's signature to join Marc Marquez next season, thus sending Pedrosa out of the team and - having declined a chance to join Sepang Yamaha - into retirement.

Relations had remained cordial in public - Pedrosa being presented with two of his race bikes during the recent Honda Thanks Day - but the fact Pedrosa has chosen to become a MotoGP test rider for KTM, rather than Honda, suggested unease behind the scenes.

During the same La Vanguardia interview, Puig also gave his opinion on what has been labelled as a 'dream team' line-up of Marquez and Lorenzo, who between them have won all but one MotoGP title since 2010.

Puig "doesn’t pretend or hope they will be [friendly] like cousins. Many team managers look for a non-conflict situation among their riders. For me it is a mistake: they will never win anything."

Instead, Puig accepts the inevitable rivalry, praising Lorenzo for "taking the risk and challenge of coming to this team, which says a lot about him, shows courage, and that he has the ambition to be at the highest level."

However, Puig expects Marquez to respond to that challenge: "If Lorenzo adapts to the bike, he will go very fast. And that will make the level rise.

"In recent years, Marc has not had competition in the team; Dani never shadowed him. If he has a fast rider beside him, Márquez will find a way to go faster, which could be a shock for Jorge."

Finally, Puig was asked to comment on the bitter Marquez-Rossi rivalry, which was reignited in only his second race as Repsol Honda team manager when the pair clashed in Argentina.

"At no time have I seen Marquez out of 'orbit' doing bad deeds towards Rossi; they were always racing incidents," Puig said.

"I respect Rossi, but in life everything has its moment. And like it or not, Marc is number one.

"Márquez does not care at all about the current of opinion they try to generate from the environment of Vale. On the contrary: we have felt his weakness in his actions."

Back
Top Bottom