Shadow Phantom Fork Cap | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shadow Phantom Fork Cap

shadowrider89

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site. I was trying to fix the alignment on my Shadow Phantom, and in turn, I've raised the fork caps about an inch or two above the steering stem. Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

If you're trying to fix the alignment, why are you playing with the geometry? I may be wrong, it may just be the way you have described things. Post a description of why you think the alignment needs fixed and a picture of what you have done so far (use imgur or similar, GTAM sucks for hosting pics).

........I've raised the fork caps about an inch or two above the steering stem...............

Lowering the bike by 1 or 2 inches is a huge adjustment of your rake and trail and could make the bike ( Honda Shadow?? ) very unstable. This has nothing to do with alignment. I'd undo this change immediately.

If the original poster is saying that the forks have slid up in the clamps, take the weight off the front end (center stand?), undo the clamps and slide them back down then retorque the clamp bolts.

Maybe you meant that you loosened the bolts on the triple-tee(s) and the forks slipped upwards?

You have to lift/support the bike - a m/c jack under the frame. Lifted until the front suspension is fully extended. Then you can loosen/adjust/tighten at will.

Back
Top Bottom