World Cup... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

World Cup...

VAR has been around in other sports for years, finally took soccer long enough to catch up. Especially the goal line technology.

I like it. Hopefully leads to less BS diving antics as well.
The goal line tech hell yeah but If only they use Var to punish the dives. If a questionable foul in box call it either way .?..its a dive ...yellow ....or a foul ...yellow and PK... a player dribbling in the box all he has to do is create any kind of contact while running which is easy and VAR time instead of the reffs opinion it will be pk every time. IMO all the pk awarded are still very questionable even with VAR. The actual decision has to be made by a human at some point and then we are back to square on "the eye of the beholder".

GERMANY looked bad...holy hell. Gotta love the Mexican game a quick,shifty, hardworking team. Viva la Mexico tremors
Brazil meh...may still fly but Neymars ankles will be hackified. Begium a dark horse, bloody hell had no idea Lukaku could run that fast.
This is what playing with a flag on your jersey does. ENJOY

Well England made a mountain out of a molehill. At least they are beating Germany. I thought Mexico did really well the other day against the krauts too. Felt a bit sorry for Panama being steamrolled by Belgium earlier today but that had some neat moves. Just lacked finesse.

Its been pretty good so far.

England left it pretty late :) I was really impressed with Belgium

Belgium were clinical. Very impressive. Need to see what they do up against serious competition though.

The problem with national teams is that there aren’t that many actually playing as a true team rather than a collection of skilled individuals. The money involved in the super leagues has changed things. I like watching the under dogs play for that reason.

Columbia Poland game was great unless you were supporting Poland.

Horrible showing by the Poles...there's the ball....mine...mine....mine....wtf were they doing out there....embarrassing display.

Stunning game this morning with France vs Argentina. 2 potential goals of the tournament, the birth of a new superstar and the end of an era for another.

Awful game so far between Sweden and Switzerland. 2nd half needs to pick up. The World Cup so far as a whole has been fantastic.

Finally the curse of penalties is gone.

Thought for sure we were going home tonight.

Brazil / England final?

I thought Colombia deserved that. There was only one team with skill and an attacking plan on that pitch. England was dull. 2 Real shots from England during normal play and one of those was Kane's penalty. I just hope the game plan for Sweden is not to bore them to death and then sneak in for a goal while they are assembling furniture on the half way line.

The columbians play a different style, bit rougher than England, it seems more the style in latin america.

Unless an allen key will solve it the Swedes have little chance.

prepared to eat my words, with pickled herring.

Ehhhhhh....it might be a grindfest. Last left standing kind of thing. Or....Sweden might turn it up a notch and surprise us. I’ve given up being surprised by England, it’s the same game every time but it looks better against weaker opponents. There’s not a stand out player for me on the England team but most other teams left have one or two. Relying on set pieces is not a good strategy.

Uruguay seems to be doing well.

Sent the Moon!

I always enjoy seeing England struggle. Being of Scots/Irish decent they really are the "old enemy", and I actually do mean that in a nice way :)

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" - William Wallace (well, actually Mel Gibson)

Still, at least they made it to the world cup :(

Last edited:
I always enjoy seeing England struggle. Being of Scots/Irish decent they really are the "old enemy", and I actually do mean that in a nice way :)

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!" - William Wallace (well, actually Mel Gibson)

Still, at least they made it to the world cup :(

Harry Kane is 50% a paddy.

Brazil out....boom

Back
Top Bottom