Abandoned SV650? Alpinestar Logo on Swingarm | GTAMotorcycle.com

Abandoned SV650? Alpinestar Logo on Swingarm

UncleBC

Noticed a blue SV650 parked in the same spot for several weeks now in downtown Toronto. The cobwebs were a sign it hadn't been ridden and I checked for plates. None. No stress marks around the keyhole/ignition and the rear seat is unlocked. Looks suspicious. VIN (JS1VP53A552XXXXXXX) and other unique characteristics (Alpinestar logo sticker on the swingarm). Could it be someone's here?

UncleBC

I would go about your day
and if doesn't concern you
not get up into someone else's business

Tough first post.....Did you check to see if the steering lock is engaged? Just kidding, why do you care?

maybe its got major issues and the owner left it hoping itd get picked up by two guys and a van so he could claim insurance $$$?
Who knows

Tough first post.....Did you check to see if the steering lock is engaged? Just kidding, why do you care?

Are you kidding? Maybe he cares because it's someone's stolen bike. Why the ****ing hostility with all the people here?

come on, you must admit it is a very unusual first post

so you see a bike looks like it's been sitting awhile
you decide the proper course of action is jot down the VIN
then search out a motorcycle forum to join
and make you first post about a bike with cobwebs?

I know we're all snowflakes
but that is kind of unusual, no?

............... who knows, any ideas?

so a for instance
for instance you see parked close to your house
a Camaro, and you observe that it's been there awhile

you have a few courses of action

- go about your business, don't have time for this

- report it to the cops or the city or whomever

- go inspect the car, take note if it's condition
copy down the VIN
go to CamaroTO.com and register an account
start a thread saying Hey, is This Anyone's Camaro?

which one of these is kind of an unlikely thing to do?

Last edited:

Maybe the OP needs a parking spot downtown ?

Maybe just checking here first before reporting to the police?

Maybe just trying to do a good deed?

Hopefully someone recognizes that partial vin # and description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so a for instance
for instance you see parked close to your house
a Camaro, and you observe that it's been there awhile

you have a few courses of action

- go about your business, don't have time for this

- report it to the cops or the city or whomever

- go inspect the car, take note if it's condition
copy down the VIN
go to CamaroTO.com and register an account
start a thread saying Hey, is This Anyone's Camaro?

which one of these is kind of an unlikely thing to do?

You're right, this is probably a ploy by ISIS!

Are you kidding? Maybe he cares because it's someone's stolen bike. Why the ****ing hostility with all the people here?

Its the GTAM thing. :rolleyes:

Decoded VIN:
Make: SUZUKI
Manufacturer Name: SUZUKI MOTOR OF AMERICA, INC
Model: SV650/SV650S
Model Year: 2005
Plant City: Toyokawa
Vehicle Type: MOTORCYCLE
Plant Country: Japan
Plant State: Aichi
Body Class: Motorcycle - Sport
Displacement (CC): 645
Displacement (CI): 39.360314941
Displacement (L): 0.645000
Engine Model: P507

If you've been the victim of a stolen bike, you can't help but wonder what ever happened to it. If the SV is removed, the riders who normally park there will all have to find other places to park (because car drivers can't read Motorcycle Parking Only signs). It's actually doing a few of us a favour by staying put. However, if that is someone's stolen ride, then it deserves to be reunited with the rider no matter the condition. And if that person is hoping to get insurance money for it being "missing" then that's a disgrace to the riding community and the least he/she could do is sell it someone who will care for it proper. In any case, the SV does not belong there and because it's in a suspicious state, I will contact the authorities. And to the people who have had their bike stolen, don't mind the haters. There will always be people who actually care and will try to help by keeping an eye out.

UncleBC

Last edited:
What's the date on the license plate sticker?
Owner probably can't afford to insure it in this provence. Have it towed for illegal parking and then he won't be able to afford that either. Thieves don't steal a motorcycle and leave it parked nicely somewhere, they dump it in the Don river or strip it of parts and sell it one unidentifiable piece at a time.

Over the years I have seen many motorcycles parked on the street for long periods (abandoned).
I recognised one of them and approached the owner. He informed me the engine was shot and it would cost more than the bike was worth to repair it.
He removed the plate as he didn't want parking tags to pay and had finally decided to sell it to a wrecker for parts.
The wrecker came by the next day with a motorcycle trailer.

There was a rat Gixxer parked on the north side of Eastern Avenue near Carlaw for a couple of years.
It finally disappeared this spring.
I can only think it was a case of 'too expensive' to repair, licence or insure and finally got dragged away.

Back
Top Bottom