Motorcycle certification

Thread: Motorcycle certification

Motorcycle certification

Hey ladies and gentlemen just got my bike licensing in order but need to get the certification done. Does anybody know of a place close to Keswick that does them. I'd rather not have to go down Markham if I don't need to. Thanks. Oh and it's a Honda if that matters.

Re: Motorcycle certification

Quote Originally Posted by Dubby View Post
    Hey ladies and gentlemen just got my bike licensing in order but need to get the certification done. Does anybody know of a place close to Keswick that does them. I'd rather not have to go down Markham if I don't need to. Thanks. Oh and it's a Honda if that matters.
    I heard Canadian Tire does them at around $80, but heard they're pretty picky as they typically just follow the exact guidelines in what's acceptable.

Can always call to check.
    2007 Black CBR125 - SOLD!

Grey Ninja 300 SE Abs -

Layer up for when you lay'er down.

For Canadian Tire, call first to see if they can; it depends on whether or not they have a bike mechanic on duty.

What they said ...call ahead. Also some other independents might do bikes as well.
    This guy might
    https://www.garyservice.net
    Last edited by MacDoc; 06-11-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian for 3 months each year Feb to May
    Canada >• 2009 CBF1000 CBS/ABS • 09 Burgman Exec sold • 10 NT700v sold• 10 Wee ABS x 2 both sold •
    Australia> 04 KLR650 • 93 ST1100 sold •
    Travel photos>https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries Oz riding >https://tinyurl.com/ya9jsh6a

In the Whitby area, try Ken's Motorworks Wentworth St.
    Ken was the head mechanic at GP for a number of years. Does a safety for $80.

We should make a sticky on all the places in the GTA that offer safety tests. This question gets asked oh so often

CT in Keswick doesn't do them. Closest place is newmarket Suzuki or Edge Performance in bradford. Maybe Strictly V-twin in virginia. I went to cycle world in scarborough, $90 and you can walk-in anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by arogal View Post
    We should make a sticky on all the places in the GTA that offer safety tests. This question gets asked oh so often
    Along with which oil to use, patching tires, which gas grade, etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for the replies. I Think I'll just bring it down to Honda power sports in Markham. For some reason I just don't trust crappy tire to do a safety on a motorcycle.... You can't even trust them to have something in stock most the time, at least at the Keswick store.

ATC corral in stouffville can do it. Its closer to Keswick than Markham power. Also CT in Aurora does it too .. best to call ahead. Suzuki of Newmarket is another option, but usually gets a bad rep.

Edit: Master mechanic in Newmarket, 4th option. They don't do repairs in case anything is needed to pass safety.
    Last edited by roadrash; 06-12-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrash View Post
    ATC corral in stouffville can do it.
    +1 - They're good people.
    BLUE_KAWI: "The real powers at be have already decided who will win. PC are going to win. It’s already been decided. Why do you think Tim Hudak looks so comfortable on camera?"

Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    Along with which oil to use, patching tires, which gas grade, etc, etc, etc.
    YEP!