Help! Lowest quote $9800!! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help! Lowest quote $9800!!

I say leave him be - give him some insurance referrals and let him fend fo himself, I'm sick of giving sane advice to people who don't want to take it.

Take the facility insurance and enjoy the freedom of 2-wheels even if it's a 600 SS, sure they will bend you over for rates but thats your prerogative but you were dumb enough to get caught riding with no insurance, you thought the pain of rates are going to hurt now, wait till the court date for these charges get applied you will not only be screwed by not riding anymore but driving will also no longer apply because you will be taking public transportation for the next 10yrs. after you have been convicted. Your licence will probably blacklisted from insurance and where no one will want to insure you.

Continue riding dirty and you will most likely be found on the the RIP thread because you wanted to run from the cops because you had no insurance for the 2nd time.

How about those dui bikes you like those? put ss sticker and pump your gangsta tunes. Some of em goes pretty fast especially down hill.

How about those dui bikes you like those? put ss sticker and pump your gangsta tunes. Some of em goes pretty fast especially down hill.

If it exceeds 32km/h (unassisted), the DUI-bike would be considered a motor vehicle. Say hello to no insurance x2.

but you were dumb enough to get caught riding with no insurance, you thought the pain of rates are going to hurt now, wait till the court date for these charges get applied you will not only be screwed by not riding anymore but driving will also no longer apply because you will be taking public transportation for the next 10yrs. after you have been convicted. Your licence will probably blacklisted from insurance and where no one will want to insure you.

He got 6 summons. He wasn't just riding dirty, he really ****** the cop off (or was doing something incredibly dumb). Presumably he got 1) no insurance, 2) unlicensed vehicle, 3) no proof on insurance? do they give you this one if they give you no insurance as well? 4)speeding/careless/racing/following too closely/whatever got the cops attention in the first place. That still leaves two more, failure to transfer ownership? failure to stop? DUI? equipment violation?. Assuming they all happened during the same stop, 6 tickets is a phenomenal amount.

And he's gone. Hasn't logged in since the day he joined. I don't think he liked where the discussion was heading. Shocking really that he wasn't mature enough to face reality.

You saw how nice of a day it was yesterday, he was probably out cruising Miss. Road...

He got 6 summons. He wasn't just riding dirty, he really ****** the cop off (or was doing something incredibly dumb). Presumably he got 1) no insurance, 2) unlicensed vehicle, 3) no proof on insurance? do they give you this one if they give you no insurance as well? 4)speeding/careless/racing/following too closely/whatever got the cops attention in the first place. That still leaves two more, failure to transfer ownership? failure to stop? DUI? equipment violation?. Assuming they all happened during the same stop, 6 tickets is a phenomenal amount.

I tried to go through the summons in my head, what they could possibly be, I'm at a loss as well lol.

You shouldn't get a summons for speeding and other minor crap.

yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story.

Call me crazy but that seems pretty germane to the story.

10/10 thread would read again :lmao:

Yea no, I started riding because all my older buddies did and encouraged me to try it out. And so I did and ever since I was hooked. I clocked over 15,000kms on my first season last year on the 250 in a span of 3 months. I was the kid that would leave work at 8am (worked nightshifts) and wouldn't be home till 12pm because I would spend 4 hours ripping it up and down Mississauga road. And then after some sleep I would be back out at like 9pm and ride for another 3hours before work. I absolutely love riding. To address your other point, yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story. Which is why I am so desperately looking for insurance now. As much as I loved my 250, being so light and flickable to fun to ride, now that I've experienced a SS, I don't think I'd want to go back.

ha! you're totally ****ed now. Did you get done for "rippin it up" on Mississauga Road eh? I'm sure the locals there were not happy about it and called in complaints.

good catch, Mississauga Rd

haven't been out that way in awhile
but my recollection is that it would not be much fun for spirited riding?

Yes 6 Summons indicate, he was doing something REALLY stupid, (beyond riding dirty). Likely hasn't logged back in as he realized how screwed he is. Insurance investigators and lawyers DO visit these forums, (when I went for a discovery hearing they had posts from GTAM), but nothing that could have hurt my position.

He is "desperately" seeking insurance after getting dinged. Too little too late the crown won't say "oh ok you NOW have insurance, it is all good". EVEN, if he got insurance today, once he is convicted of riding dirty, (with his previous claim, plus two outstanding tickets), that insurer WILL cancel him, so off to the Facility market he goes. He thought his quotes were high before.

Plus now that he has in essence admitted to insurance fraud, (claiming IRB, Income Replacement Benefits), for being too injured to work, but apparently not too injured to be an idiot on an SS. That will be another strike for future insurance for years to come. Plus, if the employers insurer is paying those benefits, they will go after him for the money, (Roughly 9 months of payments), but if his auto insurer is paying they too WILL go after him. Plus his employer is likely to fire his a ss...lol

Stupid is as stupid does. This person is a CLASSIC example of why we ALL pay WAYYYY TOOOOO much for insurance. Also, why the public has such a poor view of sport bike riders in general. Hopefully he is FORCED to sell the bike and NEVER gets another one. Otherwise one day he WILL be featured in the fallen riders sub forum.

Was the OP trolling or was he under the impression that the smart people here at GTAM know where to get stuff really cheap, like 90 % off. In either case he seems to have gone bye bye.

Was the OP trolling or was he under the impression that the smart people here at GTAM know where to get stuff really cheap, like 90 % off. In either case he seems to have gone bye bye.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I only log in to respond to posts.

There are times where I just lurk and read the craziness of GTAM without logging in. Then there are other times where I'm just off GTAM for a couple months at a time.

I don't think OP would have anything else to add knowing that he's F'ed.

You missed this part in your synopsis "yes i have been riding dirty on the 600. I actually recently got pulled and now facing 6 summons of defendants, but thats another story."

Once those get added to his abstract, his $45,000 quote may actually be the best he can get.

Okay I was on the side of OP and trying to heal his woumds but after admitting that he wheelies in public and other hooliganic activities racking up 6 summons I think he was quoted conservatively at $45,000. An appropiate insurance quote would be his house as down payment.

Back
Top Bottom