Shoulder/Elbow Armour Replacement Recommendations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shoulder/Elbow Armour Replacement Recommendations

Clem

I just had some repairs done to my suit and was thinking of replacing the armour in the Shoulders and Elbows. Its alpine stars and the armour its self is original. Its mainly for track so Level2 preferred...

Any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance

What are you trying to achieve with the armour replacement? Better protection? More comfortable? Worried about the age of the current protection?

Worried about the age of the current stuff and if I can get better protection as well it would be a bonus.

Have been down in it but the suit came back in great condition so hopefully I can get another couple of years out of it, I don’t mind spending some money on it.

FWIW:

I’ve a feeling that this may be subjective, sort of like an oil thread, but I went through the same thing in the winter.

I have a cheaper Dainese suit and replaced the shoulders, elbows, knees and hips with Forcefield Isolator 2.

My primary reason was the old stuff was just not that comfortable. It kept digging into my tibias while walking and forearms when riding the bike. At the end of the day my shins were chafed, and it was painful to walk in the suit.

I got a complete set from STG for a great price, so I ended up replacing everything in the suit.

It seemed to fit the suit well, I had to shave a very small amount off with the kitchen shears on the knees and hips to get them into the pockets.

It claims to be “Heat Activated” so it moulds to your shape. I can buy this, as after a few outings it did seem more comfortable although right out of the gate it was more comfortable that the OEM Dainese.

Forcefield seems to be a good name. I can’t comment on how it crashes and touchwood I’ll never have to, however it gets good reviews. I always remember John Bickle telling me that no two crashes are the same. A suit or armour that protects well in one type of crash may not in another. In the end I think its a question of buying the best you can afford and hoping for the best.

Just echoing for Forcefield. I've tested their stuff, unwillingly, more than once.

Back
Top Bottom