Recommend me a tablet... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommend me a tablet...

It depends what you plan on doing with it. Apple's insistence on preventing removable storage in tablets (along with their clamp on what apps you can install) puts android tablets miles ahead if the primary role is watching locally stored videos (that haven't been purchased through iTunes).

You can easily play any video locally stored using VLC or infuse. Both are free and can play any video type. I do this all the time from my ipad or apple tv with files stored elsewhere. I have no video files it itunes.

Sent from the moon!

You can easily play any video locally stored using VLC or infuse. Both are free and can play any video type. I do this all the time from my ipad or apple tv with files stored elsewhere. I have no video files it itunes.

Sent from the moon!

Thanks for the info. When I gave up on using my wifes ipad for videos, VLC either wasn't available or didn't work properly (I can't remember). Infuse I have never heard of.

Thanks all for the reply. I didn't consider playing videos via VLC but not sure it would work, or how well the connection would be at the job site camp...middle of nowhere and all.

Actually considered getting an Android tablet to take with me, but once again....internet connection may be slow. May need to just download a bunch of movies / shows and take with me on USB/External Hard Drive. Then again i've no clue where to get em as I've not watched anything in ages.

Thanks all for the reply. I didn't consider playing videos via VLC but not sure it would work, or how well the connection would be at the job site camp...middle of nowhere and all.

Actually considered getting an Android tablet to take with me, but once again....internet connection may be slow. May need to just download a bunch of movies / shows and take with me on USB/External Hard Drive. Then again i've no clue where to get em as I've not watched anything in ages.
If you download a bunch a series using torrents be careful, you might receive a copyright infringement warning. No big deal.

Take a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/6583hl/piracy_megathread_v20/

Also consider taking with you a unicycle and a slack line.

You can preload video files into VLC then you can play them anyplace. I do this all the time when I travel overseas, especially when you are in transit. Pop out the iPad watch the content I have downloaded.

Sent from the Moon!

if the project has weak wifi, and even it's decent
the hours between dinner and bed time it will be getting killed

if you are a netflix user, the download feature is great for offline viewing
but you need to use the app, cannot DL with a browser
this is if you don't want to get into any sketchy DL'ing

Back
Top Bottom