Installing a turn indicator beeper? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Installing a turn indicator beeper?

You'll have to connect that beeper through a pair of diodes. 1N4004 power diodes will work well.
- right signal live to anode of one diode
- left signal live to anode of another diode
- connect cathodes of both diodes together and wire to the live side of the beeper
- ground the other pin on the beeper

You can pick up the turn signals feeds either at the bulb itself or at the input to the speedometer unit, which ever is easiest.

You'll have to connect that beeper through a pair of diodes. 1N4004 power diodes will work well.
- connect cathodes of both diodes together and wire to the live side of the beeper

You can pick up the turn signals feeds either at the bulb itself or at the input to the speedometer unit, which ever is easiest.
Thanks man!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I don’t think you can install that flasher relay on your bike ,, but you can connect a buzzer like robmack said using one like this
https://www.amazon.ca/3-24V-Electronic-Buzzer-Continuous-Length/dp/B079DJ4LNS/ref=mp_s_a_1_54?ie=UTF8&qid=1528687180&sr=8-54&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=piezo+buzzer

If you do have a flasher relay on your bike, just pull it out and install the one you linked to ,, the wiring dia doesn’t show a relay and I am guessing the ecm does the control

This relay does same as you linked to, but flash rate is determined by the lamp wattage https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0778LV6KT/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_263_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A953H7RV13R5V85D0MW7&dpPl=1&dpID=61vpR7LXkML

Last edited:

Are you sure? That gizmo is a flasher/beeper -- not a beeper. For most cars/bikes just unplug your existing flasher and replace it with the beeper flasher.

VSTROMs don't use a standard flasher relay, they use a relay module that integrates the flasher circuit and the side stand cutout functions.

1) Locate the existing flasher relay, its between the battery and gas tank.
2) Remove the flasher, then remove the receptacle from its holder by wiggling it forward off the mounting tabs.
3) Remove the 2 flasher circuit wires from the receptacle. Either push the female contact pins out (preferred) or cut the wires at least 1.5" back from the connector. For most DL650's these are the light blue (-) & brown (+) wires. If you're looking at the bottom of the relay, there are 7 pins. They are the right most on the row with 3 pins.

| | | |

| - +

4) Make a 6" pigtail to connect the blue to the (-), and the brown to the (+) on your flasher/beeper. That should be it.

The devil is in the cut and splice (I hate doing this to a standard wiring harness). Be sure to seal off the blunt ends, you may want to reconnect in the future. Also be sure to solder, heat shrink and use good quality connections for the pigtails.

Last edited:
Are you sure? That gizmo is a flasher/beeper -- not a beeper. For most cars/bikes just unplug your existing flasher and replace it with the beeper flasher.

VSTROMs don't use a standard flasher relay, they use a relay module that integrates the flasher circuit and the side stand cutout functions.

1) Locate the existing flasher relay, its between the battery and gas tank.
2) Remove the flasher, then remove the receptacle from its holder by wiggling it forward off the mounting tabs.
3) Remove the 2 flasher circuit wires from the receptacle. Either push the female contact pins out (preferred) or cut the wires at least 1.5" back from the connector. For most DL650's these are the light blue (-) & brown (+) wires. If you're looking at the bottom of the relay, there are 7 pins. They are the right most on the row with 3 pins.

| | | |

| - +

4) Make a 6" pigtail to connect the blue to the (-), and the brown to the (+) on your flasher/beeper. That should be it.

The devil is in the cut and splice (I hate doing this to a standard wiring harness). Be sure to seal off the blunt ends, you may want to reconnect in the future. Also be sure to solder, heat shrink and use good quality connections for the pigtails.
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Are you sure? That gizmo is a flasher/beeper -- not a beeper.
No, I assumed it was just a beeper. Given it's a 2-pole flasher relay, my idea won't work. It will work if the OP was to use a 12V peizo beeper instead. Just be careful to select one that doesn't draw much current.

Installing a 12v peizo is even easier -- it should work just by placing it place it in series with the relay, no diodes required.

Back
Top Bottom