urgent: need aftermarket turn signal indicator 600rrm m2 exit test next week! | GTAMotorcycle.com

urgent: need aftermarket turn signal indicator 600rrm m2 exit test next week!

maxgohan

hey guys,

haven't been on the forum for a while as I stopped riding but my m2 is expiring so I have no choice but to do the m2 exit test :D

I'm gonna be taking my m2 exit test next week and I'm pretty sure I can't do it with a missing turn signal indicator...

the bike is a Honda cbr 600rr
here's what the indicator looks like:
hNl28lr.jpg

here's the broken one:
dW3Mkow.jpg

anyone know where I can get a replacement this weekend?

Year of bike ?
Where are you located?
How far are you willing to travel?

Btw, have you called all the GTA honda dealers?

If so and no luck there, start calling motorcycle salvage yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can, but it will require you to use hand signals. A motorcycle must have a working taillight. There is nothing about turn indicators.

hand signals, didn't know about that, can someone confirm? I don't want to go there and be turned away....

also these are aftermarket signals so I doubt the dealer has em....the stock fender was eliminated....
the bike is an 09

just called drive test,
they said the signal must be there, can't do the test without signals.....

someone help

I know a place called daytona at steeles and weston sell aftermarket LED signals

You can, but it will require you to use hand signals. A motorcycle must have a working taillight. There is nothing about turn indicators.

just called drive test,
they said the signal must be there, can't do the test without signals.....

someone help

Interesting... I thought we were allowed to resort to hand signals.

I guess they might as well phase out hand signals altogether as most people nowadays don't know what they mean. When I was 16 and got my G1, it seemed like most people I spoke with at that time (that passed) typically got the hand signal question(s) wrong and the Slow Moving Vehicle for signs. This was 10 years ago, but it still seems to be the case.

https://drivetest.ca/tests/road-tests-vehicle-requirements.html

Doesn't seem like the differentiate cars and motorcycles on the indicator aspect.

If one of the following items is detected, your road test appointment will be cancelled (i.e., declared out-of-order), and you will lose 50% of your road test fee and must pay the outstanding 50% to schedule another road test:
  • Vehicle equipped with ignition interlock device but no ignition interlock (l) condition on the licence.
  • Ignition interlock device not installed if a requirement exists.
  • Roof down and/or unsecured (convertible-style vehicle).
  • Non-functional or uninstalled door(s) (door does not open and/or does not close).
  • Non-functional dual brakes (driving instructor vehicle).
  • Non-functional foot brake.
  • Non-functional or missing seat belt (for applicant or examiner).
  • Non-functional right/left brake light.
  • Non-functional turn signal.
  • Non-functional head lights or tail lights (darkness and/or limited ability).
  • Non-functional windshield wipers or no washer fluid (if weather conditions warrant).
  • Non-functional defroster/defogger (if weather conditions warrant).
  • Non-functional horn or speedometer.
  • Damaged windshield, large cracks, stars, etc.

• Not secured or missing seat.
  • No rear bumper.
  • No mirror.
  • Flat tire, or a temporary tire, on any wheel.
  • Defective tires.
  • More than one wheel nut missing on a wheel.
  • Unsecured or defective muffler.
  • Obvious fuel leaks.
  • Fumes in vehicle.
  • Unsecured vehicle parts (e.g., hood).
  • Unclean vehicle that poses health risk to the examiner.
  • Visible or audible defects that contravene the Highway Traffic Act.
  • Defect that affects the safe operation of a vehicle.
  • Brake found out-of-adjustment during air brake practical test (for Z endorsement); applicant can complete the air brake practical test but any accompanying road test cannot proceed.
  • Use of a panel van for road test (exception: person with a disability or a special need who cannot reasonably provide an alternative vehicle).

In addition, your road test appointment will be cancelled and you will lose 50% of your pre-paid road test fee if one of the following is detected:

• Inability to provide an acceptable breath sample (over preset level) for the ignition interlock device.
  • Passenger(s) or pet(s) in vehicle.
  • Insects in vehicle that pose health risks to examiner.
  • Unsecured contents (i.e., work vehicle).
  • Unacceptable permit: invalid/missing sticker, expired 10-day permit, or in-transit permit.
  • Altered vehicle plate.
  • Vehicle with yellow/black dealer and service plate and cannot produce a vehicle permit.
  • Vehicle with yellow/black dealer and service plate and vehicle permit indicates plate series SPR.
  • Flammable goods or compressed gas.
  • Not wearing corrective lenses if a requirement exists.
  • Refusal to wear a seat belt before or during road test.
  • Arrival for road test with no vehicle.
  • Arrival for motorcycle road test with no helmet.
  • Scheduled wrong class of road test based on vehicle configuration/weight.
  • Scheduled wrong class of road test in error (i.e., Class G2 road test instead of Class G).
  • Insufficient Class G2 highway experience.
  • Beginner driver education applicant is enrolled but is not certified by their driving school on the day of the scheduled road test.

hand signals, didn't know about that, can someone confirm? I don't want to go there and be turned away....

also these are aftermarket signals so I doubt the dealer has em....the stock fender was eliminated....
the bike is an 09

You don’t think the dealer sells aftermarket signals? The parts department may well have a set that fits your bike. Well worth the short phone call.

Btw, suggest you remove the broken signal and take it shopping with you so you can make sure the pair you buy will fit. If the mounts are the same, you are good to go.

Is your test at the Ministry or a course?

OP, every single store and shop sells signals. Even Amazon sells signals. Don't get yourself into a panic mode. Kajigger something in there, as long as it works, you'll be fine.

As for hand signals, there are still bikes out there that never came with turn signals originally. Those bikes are not required to have any.

FWIW

I always believed if the bike didn't have signals (older and some customs) you COULD use hand signals.

This rule doesn't apply to removed signals or broken ones.

Where are you located or where are you willing to go to get the signals? Lots of places to choose from that stock aftermarket signals: GP Bikes (Ajax), Rider's Choice (Mississauga), Cycle World Superstore (Scarborough), Snow City Cycle (Scarborough), and most if not all should be open today (many close early on Sat, so call in advance). If you don't know what you're looking for, bring the bike and they should be able to help you with a set that will fit.

I have spare signals that are the same or very close and I don't need them, but it is kinda far, I take them off my trials bikes as soon as I buy a new one.

As for hand signals, there are still bikes out there that never came with turn signals originally. Those bikes are not required to have any.
Is true, I had a blue plate bike like that a long time ago, no lights at all I just had to put a bicycle horn on it to make it street legal. But you don't see many 1953 BSA dirt bikes on the road any more, probably would not be able to buy insurance for one like that now.

I have spare signals that are the same or very close and I don't need them, but it is kinda far, I take them off my trials bikes as soon as I buy a new one.

Is true, I had a blue plate bike like that a long time ago, no lights at all I just had to put a bicycle horn on it to make it street legal. But you don't see many 1953 BSA dirt bikes on the road any more, probably would not be able to buy insurance for one like that now.

How far?
Maybe I'll come by I need the practice any way

My test is at the drive test center not a course

How far?
Maybe I'll come by I need the practice any way

My test is at the drive test center not a course
Front ones are near Arden the rear ones are near CamdenEast ~ 3 hours drive from downtown Toronto, 4 if you take a nicer route.

Back
Top Bottom