Anthony Bourdain: Celebrity chef found dead at 61 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anthony Bourdain: Celebrity chef found dead at 61

I've been watching his tv shows since I was a kid. So many celebrities suffering from depression and anxiety. Sad beyond words.

This is heartbreaking. I loved his shows. My favourite celebrity chef and one of my favourite presenters overall.

Agree with all of you. Very sad indeed. I'm almost in shock. Seriously loved his style.

suicide? terrible

and really baffling
the guy appeared to be living my dream
RIP

Sad for me too. In the early part of my career I spent years on the road and in lots of interesting places. Bourdain's shows always revived memories for me, not about the exotic food but for the interesting places and people you find in parts unknown.

RIP Mr. Bourdain.

Agree with all of you. Very sad indeed. I'm almost in shock. Seriously loved his style.

For sure! Lets have a pig roast....hand me that pistol please.

And his Obama interview,just wow.

Anthony Bourdain had a little HST in him.I wonder if he was a fan?

For sure! Lets have a pig roast....hand me that pistol please.

And his Obama interview,just wow.

Anthony Bourdain had a little HST in him.I wonder if he was a fan?

On "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
"The book that probably influenced me more than any other. A prose stylist and a personality who changed my life," Bourdain said.

ahh man, don't be dissing la belle province
one day they might actually go
that would be bad for us
great place, don't wish it away

I really enjoyed that episode

edit: as I've had the day to settle with this
the less I feel settled
everyone you meet has a hidden internal struggle
sad, but it's as human as we can get

Last edited:
There was some discussion he had struggled with substance problems, and alleged mental health challenges. Living the dream but only on the outside.

I was a really big fan of his style and presentations. RIP finally Mr. Bourdain

Still waters run deep etc. A lot of people have the ability to put on a smile and play the part and then suddenly Kaboom. I know of a few. Afterwards it's "Why? They had everything" and all the other cliches.

The most creative, artistic and driven are usually wound pretty tight. They have everything except stability.

Having seen the the leftovers of kids growing up minus a parent , and parents soldiering on without a child, suicide has more than one victim. It truly is a horrible thing.

I've known a few highly successful people in business who have committed suicide. I think success brings a lot of other issues for some, like depression, anxiety, etc.... Robin Williams, Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, etc., all seemed to struggle with their dark side.

RIP Anthony.

Back
Top Bottom