Woooo PC majority | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Woooo PC majority

The gas plants were cancelled in 2011. That wasn't the last election, and that wasn't Wynne.

So she had no hand in it? Please. Wynne was a cabinet minister and co-chair of the 2011 election campaign. Probably in charge of the shredder at the time as well.

So she had no hand in it? Please. Wynne was a cabinet minister and co-chair of the 2011 election campaign. Probably in charge of the shredder at the time as well.
Probably.

I mean, it suits your anger towards her so you know... probably.

After all, everyone knows co-chairs of election campaigns pretty much have all the policy power. Also, everyone knows 2011 was the last provincial election.

Not sure which Wynne or which election you're talking about.

The gas plants were cancelled in 2011. That wasn't the last election, and that wasn't Wynne.

Paying the teacher unions for their bargaining costs was in 2015, so that didn't help her in the last election and obviously not in this one either.

On behalf of facts, I apologize.

Clearly Wynne has been railroaded. Of course she wasn't perfect but she was way better than any others. But she could never win. She raised hydro rates to start fixing the problems of the past and got blasted. Then she defers payment to lower rates and got blasted. She was never going to win with a certain group of very loud but irrational opponents hating on her constantly.

We can thank that group for putting another ignorant SoCon buffoon in charge, because that turned out real well for Toronto and the US.

Totally agree. I would've wanted a Liberal gov't but I'm actually pretty happy with the results in the sense that the promised policies will be good for me and my industry; more so than those of the NDP anyway... That said, I 100% percent agree. Lots of people also acted like she's the stupidest person to ever step foot in Queens Park, but I've seen her at a conference before and actually got to meet her briefly. She was able to speak very intelligently about some pretty arcane nuances in my industry. She's a hell of a lot sharper than the other 2 buffoons that ran against her and I think it showed in the last debate.

It just goes to show that Canadians and the people of Ontario aren't really serious about things like the environment, or clean energy, or climate change, or any of the stuff that we all like to pat ourselves on the back for. Everyone says they like and want these things, but when it comes time to pay for them either through higher hydro rates, or higher financing costs, or a carbon tax to actually put a price on the air we breathe, or any other mechanism, we all have a fit. We want these things for free.

Personally, I think the Liberals were mainly undone by bad PR, not so much the quality of their governance. A few botched initiatives were handled so poorly in the public eye that they overshadowed hundreds of initiatives and projects that went well. At the end of the day though, I think things will be alright. Ford is hilariously unqualified and a shameless opportunist, but he's got the right people around him; if he listens, he'll do well. I can't see him winning a 2nd term tho... there's no way he can deliver on his promises; they're just contradictory.

Yep. It's fascinating that just as Wynne cleans up the worst of the Liberals habits of self-serving insider deals and swapping values to get more votes, she gets booted.

Plus, handing over the reigns to a known drug dealer and vote buyer sends a very clear message to Liberals and politicians everywhere, which is "we like scumbags, put scumbags back in charge!'

This is gonna hurt our political options for a long, long time.

Totally agree. I would've wanted a Liberal gov't but I'm actually pretty happy with the results in the sense that the promised policies will be good for me and my industry; more so than those of the NDP anyway... That said, I 100% percent agree. Lots of people also acted like she's the stupidest person to ever step foot in Queens Park, but I've seen her at a conference before and actually got to meet her briefly. She was able to speak very intelligently about some pretty arcane nuances in my industry. She's a hell of a lot sharper than the other 2 buffoons that ran against her and I think it showed in the last debate.

It just goes to show that Canadians and the people of Ontario aren't really serious about things like the environment, or clean energy, or climate change, or any of the stuff that we all like to pat ourselves on the back for. Everyone says they like and want these things, but when it comes time to pay for them either through higher hydro rates, or higher financing costs, or a carbon tax to actually put a price on the air we breathe, or any other mechanism, we all have a fit. We want these things for free.

Personally, I think the Liberals were mainly undone by bad PR, not so much the quality of their governance. A few botched initiatives were handled so poorly in the public eye that they overshadowed hundreds of initiatives and projects that went well. At the end of the day though, I think things will be alright. Ford is hilariously unqualified and a shameless opportunist, but he's got the right people around him; if he listens, he'll do well. I can't see him winning a 2nd term tho... there's no way he can deliver on his promises; they're just contradictory.

A large factor is that many of Ontario's problems stem from sources outside the province and even country. Beyond Ontario Doug Ford would only be known as "Oh, Rob's brother".

My hope is that DF will say or do something so stupid that he will get ousted as leader and by then the PC's will have had time to field intelligent untarnished candidates for the job.

Wynne may have done good but was unable to explain her actions to the unwashed masses. She could talk intellectually for hours about carbon taxes and clean air. Ford took one second to say "Cheap Beer" and that's all the people wanted. Had she been better with those things and more honest with the big dollar scandals she could have walked back in.

Now that she's no longer the leader of a no longer party it would be interesting if she did a tell all. Of course she would be knifing her own people in the back and probably need a complete pardon to keep herself out of the clink as well.

A large factor is that many of Ontario's problems stem from sources outside the province and even country. Beyond Ontario Doug Ford would only be known as "Oh, Rob's brother".

My hope is that DF will say or do something so stupid that he will get ousted as leader and by then the PC's will have had time to field intelligent untarnished candidates for the job.

Wynne may have done good but was unable to explain her actions to the unwashed masses. She could talk intellectually for hours about carbon taxes and clean air. Ford took one second to say "Cheap Beer" and that's all the people wanted. Had she been better with those things and more honest with the big dollar scandals she could have walked back in.

Now that she's no longer the leader of a no longer party it would be interesting if she did a tell all. Of course she would be knifing her own people in the back and probably need a complete pardon to keep herself out of the clink as well.

Yeah I agree, though to be honest I want DF to succeed. He seems to be a people's champ so any ousting, even if justified, will be seen as Machiavellian. I'd rather that he keeps his head down, pays attention, and is a big enough man to know when he's not the smartest in the room.

Did I say something incorrect, or is it just hard for you to hear the awful truth?

I don't comprehend beating the dead horse, I haven't disputed anything you've said.

I don't comprehend beating the dead horse, I haven't disputed anything you've said.

Because it's timely, topical, and probably informative to some. I haven't seen anyone else give the same perspective on this outcome.

I met Wynne at a town hall a couple years ago. I found her to be very intelligent and articulate. I agree with Type17, we want cheap booze, gas and utilities, and ultimately, someone else can carry/pay the costs. Let society crumble.

The Liberals were in power for almost a decade and a half (14 years), so anything that happened, is really hard to blame on someone else.

A knucklehead from Shawinigan ran the country for a few years until his purported friends robbed him and us, so having another knucklehead running a province should be a no brainer.

Hydro, Education, Sin taxes, Hospital wait times, Private sector jobs, clean energy these are all things on people's minds, that the Liberals have failed at.

Hopefully, somebody else can do us better.

XLFtxwN.jpg

Yeah I agree, though to be honest I want DF to succeed. He seems to be a people's champ so any ousting, even if justified, will be seen as Machiavellian. I'd rather that he keeps his head down, pays attention, and is a big enough man to know when he's not the smartest in the room.

Sure, everyone wants him to succeed. If nothing else that would mean he's doing more good than harm.

And then there's reality: https://twitter.com/JohnFilion23/status/1005162942961242117

The Liberals were in power for almost a decade and a half (14 years), so anything that happened, is really hard to blame on someone else.

A knucklehead from Shawinigan ran the country for a few years until his purported friends robbed him and us, so having another knucklehead running a province should be a no brainer.

Hydro, Education, Sin taxes, Hospital wait times, Private sector jobs, clean energy these are all things on people's minds, that the Liberals have failed at.

Hopefully, somebody else can do us better.

Hopefully. But I think it bears remembering that Hydro is the effect of years of neglect and switching away from coal; this is something that the Liberals ran on and had a mandate to do. They got rid of coal, invested in clean energy, and instated carbon taxes. This cleaned up air and made for green energy, but it (along with some other factors) meant higher Hydro prices, yet another drag on business, and losses in private sector jobs... I think a lot of these trade-offs were visible when these policies were proposed and in theory people seemed fine with them and offered the Liberals mandate after mandate, until it hit them in the pocket lol. Now it's being pushed as "Liberals having failed". It's easy to blame Wynne since she was in charge, but this is what the electorate had voted for. It's a bit like going HAM at a 5 star restaurant then recoiling when you see the bill.

Doug can't **** it up, the media can only lie.

Welcome to the next 4 years.

Well using his brother's tenure as the best mayor of Toronto you'll ever see in your lifetime as a benchmark, not far off.

I’d rather have competent than entertaining. We’ll see.....there’s a saying about electing clowns and circuses.

Horvath is a clown, and her supporters are a circus. She was only my MPP for two elections, and the benefits her home riding have received has been exactly what St. Jack Layton acheived. Nothing.

anyone see Wynne's speech?
she looked downright giddy

as happy to be going
as we are happy that she's going

Seeing as how she's never held a real job in her life, and leaving public office with a net worth into the 8 digits, you'd be giddy too.
I'm sure she had the exact face on when she told her accountant husband to sleep in the basement while she moved her girlfriend into the master bedroom.
And hun, can you move your suits, she needs room for her shoes.

Ontario gave him a huge majority! There is a reason for it. Most of us were just sick of the liberals and leftists politics.
Let's hope there is some merit behind Doug's promises although ii'm not holding my breath.

Bottom line is, the left had a lock on this province for 15 years and we saw the results. And the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So i think change was needed and this can only be a good thing. How good? Remains to be see.

The Reign Of Terror is over. Now Ontario can collapse on it's own pace.

Yep. It's fascinating that just as Wynne cleans up the worst of the Liberals habits of self-serving insider deals and swapping values to get more votes, she gets booted.

Plus, handing over the reigns to a known drug dealer and vote buyer sends a very clear message to Liberals and politicians everywhere, which is "we like scumbags, put scumbags back in charge!'

This is gonna hurt our political options for a long, long time.

I just had to quote this.
And I am wondering which branch of the provincial gov't you are paid from.
The McWynnety era was born from the worst self serving habits of the Liberal party, there are people that served prison time covering up her public service, Kathleen Wynne has been in the front trenches of taking one of the worlds most vibrant economies and turning it into an overpriced "Have Not" province, while enriching herself and especially enriching her co-conspirators.

Ding dong the witch is dead.

Not sure which Wynne or which election you're talking about.

Paying the teacher unions for their bargaining costs was in 2015, so that didn't help her in the last election and obviously not in this one either.

On behalf of facts, I apologize.
You would be apologizing on behalf of your alternate facts, sometimes called Fiberals. Wynne was the campaign chair for the Libs when the gas plant cancellation was organized -- she signed the Cabinet directive cancelling the plants and approving the billion dollar payouts. She also reprimanded by Ontario's privacy commissioner for misleading the public by not providing information during the inquiry.

On teachers unions... Wynne's pandering to Teacher's unions has been endless. Here's the pre-election $31 million gift (this was her gift, not an arbitration award), https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...nglish-catholic-teachers-union-31-million-as/ then the multi-million dollar payments to help finance the union fight against the government - she has a long history of pandering to public service unions.

Wynne was simply fiscally irresponsible -- she used the public's credit like a 16 year princess using her daddy's credit card. I wonder what her personal finances look like?

Well using his brother's tenure as the best mayor of Toronto you'll ever see in your lifetime as a benchmark, not far off.

When I read stuff like this about RoFo I can't help thinking we live in totally different dimensions and we have totally different expectations from the people around us.

Back
Top Bottom