Woooo PC majority | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Woooo PC majority

I honestly was not expecting the Liberals to be this thoroughly crushed, given the fact that Wynne got elected in the first place

I was expecting the Liberals to lose their party status.

anyone see Wynne's speech?
she looked downright giddy

as happy to be going
as we are happy that she's going

as happy to be going

what sort of pension is she immediately looking at? Fully indexed?

edit: looks like province only gets 1 1/2 salary as a going away plus a locked in plan as of 2011.

Last edited:
I'm just here to hear the Liberals cry :rolleyes::confused2::D
76043-1493921377718-Coffee-Mug-White-_w93_-front.jpg

The thing that struck me was Trudeau’s silence and complete absence. The leaders of the federal NDP and PC parties all backed their respective provincial counterparts.

After Wynn bending over backwards to help him get elected he didn’t want to return the favour

The thing that struck me was Trudeau’s silence and complete absence. The leaders of the federal NDP and PC parties all backed their respective provincial counterparts.

After Wynn bending over backwards to help him get elected he didn’t want to return the favour

Would you take a selfie with her? Self promotion is all he's interested in, so........

She’s an obvious poison pill; he probably wanted to avoid the association. I dont think the results show a love for PC as much as a rejection of Wynne (even if a lot of it is for hyperbolic BS).

At least it’s not NDP. Hopefully the circus doesnt follow with the clown.

She’s an obvious poison pill; he probably wanted to avoid the association. I dont think the results show a love for PC as much as a rejection of Wynne (even if a lot of it is for hyperbolic BS).

At least it’s not NDP. Hopefully the circus doesnt follow with the clown.

yeah, this is probably the truth
just like the US 2016 cycle

no one asked Obama to come out campaigning

The countdown begins to Ford issuing a "After a forensic audit of the books, things are much worse than we were led to believe..." statement and then reneging on his promises.
The Auditor General already made that statement. We already know the Liberals went to extraordinary lengths design Voodoo accounting schemes to hide billions of provincial debt inside Hydro. Hard to believe this is the only crooked accounting.

You still have to peel the onion on Ornge, eHealth, Presto, OPG overruns, 40 contracts... and a few more projects that add up to billions of overages.

The countdown begins to Ford issuing a "After a forensic audit of the books, things are much worse than we were led to believe..." statement and then reneging on his promises.

With any new government isn't that like bread sticks before an Italian dinner?

At the very least, we have 4 years of entertainment.

Please Ford, don't be a Trudeau...

as happy to be going
I think you saw her true colors, it's about her and her ideas. He 'not sorry' campaign is a feeble attempt at creating a legacy. Wynne watched Ontario jobs and businesses flee the province, she hired those people into made up gov't jobs - not sorry for that. Wynne bought the last election using the public credit card (gas plant scandal, public service union gift giving etc) - not sorry for that. Wynne borrowed the public credit card and took it on a spending adventure that will costs the province $1billion/month for the next 30 years - she is not sorry for that.

The electorate fired her and took the card.

I'll remember her for.... wait ... I just want to forget her.

Ontario gave him a huge majority! There is a reason for it. Most of us were just sick of the liberals and leftists politics.
Let's hope there is some merit behind Doug's promises although ii'm not holding my breath.

Bottom line is, the left had a lock on this province for 15 years and we saw the results. And the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So i think change was needed and this can only be a good thing. How good? Remains to be see.

I think you saw her true colors, it's about her and her ideas. He 'not sorry' campaign is a feeble attempt at creating a legacy. Wynne watched Ontario jobs and businesses flee the province, she hired those people into made up gov't jobs - not sorry for that. Wynne bought the last election using the public credit card (gas plant scandal, public service union gift giving etc) - not sorry for that. Wynne borrowed the public credit card and took it on a spending adventure that will costs the province $1billion/month for the next 30 years - she is not sorry for that.

The electorate fired her and took the card.

I'll remember her for.... wait ... I just want to forget her.
Not sure which Wynne or which election you're talking about.

The gas plants were cancelled in 2011. That wasn't the last election, and that wasn't Wynne.

Paying the teacher unions for their bargaining costs was in 2015, so that didn't help her in the last election and obviously not in this one either.

On behalf of facts, I apologize.

Clearly Wynne has been railroaded. Of course she wasn't perfect but she was way better than any others. But she could never win. She raised hydro rates to start fixing the problems of the past and got blasted. Then she defers payment to lower rates and got blasted. She was never going to win with a certain group of very loud but irrational opponents hating on her constantly.

We can thank that group for putting another ignorant SoCon buffoon in charge, because that turned out real well for Toronto and the US.

Ontario gave him a huge majority! There is a reason for it. Most of us were just sick of the liberals and leftists politics.
Let's hope there is some merit behind Doug's promises although ii'm not holding my breath.

Bottom line is, the left had a lock on this province for 15 years and we saw the results. And the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So i think change was needed and this can only be a good thing. How good? Remains to be see.

Yeah, pretty gawdawful results https://www.ontario.ca/page/labour-market-report-march-2018

Taking on the hydro debt, ending billion dollar boondoggles, investing in sorely needed infrastructure. These are terrible results.

I guess the problem is these things weren't free. Good luck getting any results from Ford, free or not.

Back
Top Bottom