Woooo PC majority | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Woooo PC majority

You must know different teachers than I do. It’s a tough job....

This needs an asterisk after it with a grass-is-always-greener footnote at the bottom of the post.

If you're hired at 18 by 22 you'd be promoted enough to make 100k. In reality they 'prefer' applicants to have life experience. You have a better chance of being hired at 25+.

While it's true that a degree/2nd language/visible minority/female gets your resume to the top of the pile it's certainly not a requirement.

Unless your the chiefs son, getting hired at 18 or 22 is not a thing anymore, this isn't the 80's and we don't live in Moosonee. If you can find me a 20yr old cop out there I'll give you 100k

OPP salaries are easy to look up.

They start around $80k and after five-ish years on the job they’re making nearly $100k (excluding any OT)

Cops are overpaid in my opinion but one of the issues is if you dont pay them enough they tend to be even more corrupt. If you are risking a job that pays more than anything else you are qualified to do you will have to think harder about taking a bribe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

100K/year for a cop seams fair to me
I just think there's too many of them
it should not be looked at as profit center
mobile taxation squad

If you're in the private sector there's a good chance you're making a wage that's competitive and commensurate with your skills. Doesn't work that way in the public sector, particularly in the big union segments.

You're right, there's little chance of big changes, entitlement roll backs get you unelected - not going to happen.

Ahhh...so the CEOs are ok to make millions and they are worth that? Gotcha.

Ahhh...so the CEOs are ok to make millions and they are worth that? Gotcha.
CEO's get what they are worth in the public sector. Think about it for a moment -- the head of a big bank might make $10mill a year, he's probably among the best in the biz. Drake makes more. Lebron makes more. Stamkos make more.

He's paid that much because he's proven to his shareholders he can make them a boatload of money and they determine he/she's worth it. If she fails, he gets the same fate as a Drake, Lebron and Stamkos -- the faucet gets turned off.

The nice think about this country is you too can become the CEO of a big company and claim your millions.

CEO's get what they are worth in the public sector. Think about it for a moment -- the head of a big bank might make $10mill a year, he's probably among the best in the biz. Drake makes more. Lebron makes more. Stamkos make more.

He's paid that much because he's proven to his shareholders he can make them a boatload of money and they determine he/she's worth it. If she fails, he gets the same fate as a Drake, Lebron and Stamkos -- the faucet gets turned off.

The nice think about this country is you too can become the CEO of a big company and claim your millions.

I don’t think anyone is worth millions but along this line of thinking, you are also welcome to be a police officer or teacher.

I don’t think anyone is worth millions but along this line of thinking, you are also welcome to be a police officer or teacher.
I could -- wait... I am already!

Nice gig if you can get it.

Minister Kathleen Wynne, later Premier, signed the Cabinet directive to cancel the Oakville gas plant and payout the penalties. Needing Mississauga, she did this again 1 week prior to the election (she was McGinty's campaign chair). It exposes her character and penchant for vote buying.

In 2013 Ontario's Privacy Commissioner Ann Cavoukian said "Wynne government has provided inaccurate and incomplete information in my initial investigation. As a direct consequence of the incomplete response, the public has been misled…about the ability of staff to retrieve potentially relevant information.” Her quote -- not mine. Wynne signed the deals, she had carnal knowledge, it's hard to divorce her from the scandal.
This is all fine and dandy, but even if true it doesn't defend what you said earlier that I criticized:
I think you saw her true colors, it's about her and her ideas. He 'not sorry' campaign is a feeble attempt at creating a legacy. Wynne watched Ontario jobs and businesses flee the province, she hired those people into made up gov't jobs - not sorry for that. Wynne bought the last election using the public credit card (gas plant scandal, public service union gift giving etc) - not sorry for that. Wynne borrowed the public credit card and took it on a spending adventure that will costs the province $1billion/month for the next 30 years - she is not sorry for that.

The electorate fired her and took the card.

I'll remember her for.... wait ... I just want to forget her.
You haven't described anything that bought her any election.

Your claims also support my whole point, that there hadn't been any boondoggle or corruption since she became Premier. You focus on some companies that left and ignore that the Ontario economy grew at a pace faster than most developed nations. She has nothing to be sorry for and painting her with those lies shows exactly what I said: she was railroaded.

Wrong again. As for the $31 million gift, that was after arbitration. All arbitration said was work something out -- other unions got a promise the practice will not be repeated, this union got $31mil gift or $2000/member right before an election. You figure it out.
Not wrong. If they hadn't settled there would have been more arbitration. A settlement meant the government owed the union money, not sure what you expected to happen other than a payout.

Back
Top Bottom