Getting passed by another motorcycle in my lane | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting passed by another motorcycle in my lane

Sure, and when there's a pothole or some crap on the road and I suddenly need that 2 feet to potentially avoid going over my handlebars, I want it to be there, I don't want to have to worry that some impatient self absorbed douchenozzle on another bike feels the need to pass me in that space.

Use the other bloody lane like you're supposed to.
No disrespect but you ride a cruiser. It takes you two business days to switch lane positions, you'll be alright.

Keep your blocking position and you'll be safe bro.

I was reading this post and wanted to chime in that not all peolple who practice this are noobs. This quote is proof. I believe that most who do this are actually experienced riders (but really reckless with no regard for others safety)

Dude you say stay in your position and you'll be fine! What a joke. What if I see something on the road and swerve to avoid it (within my lane) and your the jerk coming up behind and about to blow past me in my lane. What are you thinking at this moment? Dude keep you blocking position and we'll be ok? Just stupid and dangerous practice. STOP IT.

If I kill myself riding my bike and it's my fault I can accept it. If you kill me cause of stupid **** like this...horrible. It's almost like being one the people that was mowed down on Yonge St. by that ****ing mental case. Innocents don't deserve that ****.

In most cases you only take up like 2 feet, don't be a hog.

So you won't mind staying in your 2 feet while I squeeze by in my mini van. It's only 80" wide. There's a couple of inches to spare even in a small 9' wide lane.

No disrespect but you ride a cruiser. It takes you two business days to switch lane positions, you'll be alright.

Oh puhleeze. You’d be very surprised how fast an experienced rider can throw any big bike into the opposite tire track.

One thing is for sure, if you’re pulling this stupid stunt when one does some day, you’re gonna be in for a world of hurt as us cruiser guys have a lot more surface area you’ll be meeting at the back end.

Or maybe you’ll just be forced to swerve into oncoming traffic instead.

Even if the passer is experienced....there's no telling how much experience the one being passed is. They may not be paying full attention and assume there is room in his lane to change position.....right into the path of the "experienced" rider passing him in his lane.

If you are truly experienced....you wouldn't be passing another bike in their lane.

Don't be too hard on Mina, transitioning to a bike-less existence is extremely trying and difficult.

Mina, don't troll too hard either, some people who are inclined that way, will take what you say as acceptance and blessing for doing something stupid and illegal.

There is no justifying this!

Stay in your tire track and dont cross my back wheel! You wanna pass, switch lanes!

I cant believe this has to be discussed with people who have been riding for years! I was in a group ride this weekend and the guy behind couldnt regulate his speed! kept falling behind and then catching up and coming right next to me! time and again!

Rather than enjoying the ride, i had to keep checking where he so he wont clip mein case i need to move in my own lane!

Stay in your spot or dont ride with a group!

When i ride behind someone, i make absolutely sure that they know their lane is theirs so they dont have to stress about having to move in their lane in case theres gravel, sand, dead animal or whatever! I also dont tail them at 2 feet riding up their a#@!

I can understand car drives not knowing that just because a bike is on one side of the lane, doesnt mean they can just come next to him and that it is his lane, but when another biker does it, it really ****** you off!

There is no justifying this!

Stay in your tire track and dont cross my back wheel! You wanna pass, switch lanes!

I cant believe this has to be discussed with people who have been riding for years! I was in a group ride this weekend and the guy behind couldnt regulate his speed! kept falling behind and then catching up and coming right next to me! time and again!

Rather than enjoying the ride, i had to keep checking where he so he wont clip mein case i need to move in my own lane!

Stay in your spot or dont ride with a group!

When i ride behind someone, i make absolutely sure that they know their lane is theirs so they dont have to stress about having to move in their lane in case theres gravel, sand, dead animal or whatever! I also dont tail them at 2 feet riding up their a#@!

I can understand car drives not knowing that just because a bike is on one side of the lane, doesnt mean they can just come next to him and that it is his lane, but when another biker does it, it really ****** you off!

Tell me how you really feel.

No, more like this:
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

the one that gets me
is how bent out of shape group riders get
if for whatever reason you end up inserted into their group

last year when exiting the Manitoulin ferry
bikes get off first in a group
so there's maybe 20 bikes, and you ride off
filter down into the one lane heading north

one cruiser guy ended up separated from his buddies
with myself and my 3 buddies together

the guy was literally frothing at the mouth over this
as we were riding staggered he couldn't come up through us

was flashing his beams and waving his hand in the air
eventually found a spot to pass, which he did with the stink eye to all of us
then went around 2 km and we all stopped at a red light

was quite a performance
have seen this behaviour repeated many times

Haha the GTAM trolls come out! there is a reason for all these riding etiquettes and rules and why many people get mad at those who break them. I sincerely hope it never happens to you or anyone. But if one day you get clipped by one of these idiot tail riders who cant control their bike or those who come up from behind and force themselves in your lane/pass you in your lane and land you the both of you in a hospital, you'll get the point.
There are some in the riding community who laugh and mock when safety is a concern until they end up with a few broken bones, then they learn(hopefully). I've seen a few people like that just in the last 2 years who talked a big talk and were all big bad riders and had no respect for safety rules, but then ended up on a hospital. Now the few who still ride are suddenly all about safety and stay in the back of the pack!
Some have to learn the hard way i guess but in the process of your education, please dont endanger other riders who wanna go home to their families in one piece!

Now... troll all you like here and have your laugh but please be safe on the roads. im sure someone is waiting for you at home too! :)

Haha the GTAM trolls come out! there is a reason for all these riding etiquettes and rules and why many people get mad at those who break them. I sincerely hope it never happens to you or anyone. But if one day you get clipped by one of these idiot tail riders who cant control their bike or those who come up from behind and force themselves in your lane/pass you in your lane and land you the both of you in a hospital, you'll get the point.
There are some in the riding community who laugh and mock when safety is a concern until they end up with a few broken bones, then they learn(hopefully). I've seen a few people like that just in the last 2 years who talked a big talk and were all big bad riders and had no respect for safety rules, but then ended up on a hospital. Now the few who still ride are suddenly all about safety and stay in the back of the pack!
Some have to learn the hard way i guess but in the process of your education, please dont endanger other riders who wanna go home to their families in one piece!

Now... troll all you like here and have your laugh but please be safe on the roads. im sure someone is waiting for you at home too! :)

It's always the cagers fault though.

Back
Top Bottom