Does anyone own a ZX10-R? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does anyone own a ZX10-R?

arogal

Random question...Does anyone own, or know anyone that owns a ZX10-R? I have yet to see one on the streets, PERIOD! All the liter bikes I see are 1)Suzuki GSXR 1000's 2) Yamaha R1's 3)Honda CBR1000rr's....but no Kawi's!
I can proudly say that I am a huge Kawi fan ever since owning a ZX6-R. I have been on my buddies GSXR 750 (rode it lot's last fall) and GSXR 1000, but for some reason the Kawi just seems to much d@mn smoother, especially the feeling of shifting through butter, rather than banging through bricks. Maybe their bikes just are not well maintained? Not sure, but the Kawi is definitely a smoother bike overall in comparison to the GSXR (maybe I'm biased just cause I own one).
When, and if I do move up into the world of a 1000 (wouldn't be for another 5+ years) I would root for a ZX10-R. Is there a reason why I don't see any around? Do they just not live up to the quality of ride as the other liter bikes?
Not a serious topic here, it just crossed my mind and thought it would be worth mentioning.

Just saw one today on 404. Rode with them for a bit when coming in to work.

Also sold my textile jacket to someone who rode one.

Not many liter SSs on the road these days. Thanks to insurance.

My 2004 has almost 100,000 km on it. I've owned it since new. A few things have needed fixing over the years and I freshened it up last winter.

I used to own a 2008 one. Definitely a nice and smooth bike for sure until I lost it in a rear end accident. Got the S1K and blew all my expectations and love it still!

I've seen a couple of 2014+ ones usually on the highways.

I used to own a 2008 one. Definitely a nice and smooth bike for sure until I lost it in a rear end accident. Got the S1K and blew all my expectations and love it still!

I've seen a couple of 2014+ ones usually on the highways.

You are buddies with Arik right? I bought his ZX6R Monster. He took super good care of it.
Maybe there aren't many in the west end? I live in Burly and ride mostly north of the city so I can open it up away from traffic and enjoy some nicer twisty roads, rather than just ripping beans on the hwy. I am in the Ancaster/Hamilton area quite often also and have yet to see one.

You don't see any ZX10R's on the street because they're incredibly hard to find for sale used, particularly 4th gen (2011-15) and 5th gen (2016- ).
Pound for pound it's the best overall litre bike available in my opinion.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I have a 2017 ZX10R. It's amazing.
32852677_782607181949145_2407640923904147456_n.jpg

You are buddies with Arik right? I bought his ZX6R Monster. He took super good care of it.
Maybe there aren't many in the west end? I live in Burly and ride mostly north of the city so I can open it up away from traffic and enjoy some nicer twisty roads, rather than just ripping beans on the hwy. I am in the Ancaster/Hamilton area quite often also and have yet to see one.

Yeah we rode together a couple of times. His was pretty mint.

They're usually in the north york area from what I've seen. I usually aim for the northern and twisty roads myself as well. Can't deal with traffic in Toronto haha

I love my 2015 ZX10R! Bought it new after retiring my 1990 ZX11. Just add Heli bars, decent exhaust, adjust the suspension a little and add a Kawasaki tail bag and your gold. Kaw engines and transmissions are legendary. I bought the lightest sport bike I could afford (couldn't bring myself to buy a Honda). I ride up North mostly and soon will have 30,000km on it. You can also adjust the foot pegs slightly lower so it doesn't feel like your knees are not up around your neck lol. I have zero complaints other than it's difficult to clean. Lots of HP, handles like a dream and it's easy to pull out of the garage. Believe it or not, it's way more comfy than my old ZX11.

Oh just one thing, it took me 5 hours to change the air filter :(
Is the oil filter horizontally above the left side of the motor? Mine is on the ZX6R and its a PITA to change haha!! No idea why Kawi did this. Always made a god d@mn mess changing the oil on this thing. Quick tip I figured out was to bang a hole in the filter and let the oil drain out of it first before taking it off. This way you wont get oil all over the side of the casing.

Is the oil filter horizontally above the left side of the motor? Mine is on the ZX6R and its a PITA to change haha!! No idea why Kawi did this. Always made a god d@mn mess changing the oil on this thing. Quick tip I figured out was to bang a hole in the filter and let the oil drain out of it first before taking it off. This way you wont get oil all over the side of the casing.
It's all good as far as maintenance, I have a lift, articulated wheel chaulk and rear jack all-in-one. My oil filter in horizontal to the left, under the engine. My lift easily accommodates a oil catch pan... Happy Apexes.

I've had 3. I bought an original 2004 and then a 2006.

I really liked them, and I think I preferred the 2004 over the 2006, but ended up with a R1200GS as I'm old and all day comfort is important

At the beginning of the 2016 season a colleague was selling his 2005. He was an older (even older that me... LOL) gent and he only used it for shortish rides on a Saturday or Sunday. There was only 10k on it and I couldn't resist...

40924101130_fa70eaa92c_b.jpg

New tyres, brake pads and a bleed, and some suspension tweaks later...

If you look on any of the Kawasaki boards its not uncommon to see these things with 100k miles on them so I think its a fairly good motor.

Last edited:
^^^

One of my favourite bikes ever. The design still looks good after 14 years, and it looks really clean.

Some Kawasaki’s have a timeless feel about them. I still like the 91 ZX7r and the twin shock GPZ’s... beautiful bikes

Port Perry per chance?

Back
Top Bottom