1996-00 taurus/sable serpentine belt that fits w/o air compressor 3.0 12V sohc | GTAMotorcycle.com

1996-00 taurus/sable serpentine belt that fits w/o air compressor 3.0 12V sohc

boyoboy

Im only posting this here so if someone does a web search they will find this - I don't know where else to post this info to get it on the web. stop reading here if you don't require a serpentine belt to be used (with the air compressor excluded) on a 3.0 taurus/sable.

so I start my beater this morning and its making terrible sounds and the serpentine belt is literally smoking and the engine isn't idling properly almost stalling.

the air compressor/pulley is almost siezed. No way Im repairing the air on my pos. there is no belt for this engine w/o air-they all came with air.. I was lucky to find a quick fix. put on a 79" serpentine belt for a 97 jeep wrangler 4.0 (no air) and it fits perfectly. You exclude the air compressor pulley. confirmed no need to remove compressor or pulley when you use the wrangler belt.

its june 7th and I loose my air...of course it couldn't happen in september lol

Last edited:
So just a matter of finding the right profile belt and length to bypass the AC wheel? Open windows and it's like being on the bike....no AC there either. lol

Do you need one of these by any chance?
8c4cc7115906714b1a23e2c07bb92122.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom