Caught on cam: Biker nearly struck by SUV | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caught on cam: Biker nearly struck by SUV

So, the rider should make things even more risky to himself by pulling a stunt like that? Lol

Would you rather they follow the guy and beat them to death instead?

Look, I have massive anger management and rage issues. I'm fully aware of this. But bottom line is that if a driver almost hits me (and therefore could have caused grave injury or death), and refuses to even look at me in the eye and apologize (happens always), I am going to get immensely ****ing raged.

Sure, lets all pretend we are saints, never get angry, and are perfect human beings...but I'm not. I have learned to control my rage by blaming myself if someone comes close to hitting me for not foreseeing. But if I ever actually get hit off my bike and I am well enough to stand....I'm going to have to buy new gloves after.

I absolutely cannot stand the remorseless ****s that nearly kill or maim someone and do not have the basic decency or honor to apologize....they deserve a fist to the face.

........now excuse me while I go meditate, thinking about this pisses me off more than I thought it would lol

油井緋色;2571895 said:
I absolutely cannot stand the remorseless ****s that nearly kill or maim someone and do not have the basic decency or honor to apologize....they deserve a fist to the face.

........now excuse me while I go meditate, thinking about this pisses me off more than I thought it would lol

Thing is, within 3 seconds of making the mistake, the car was being kicked and mirror smashed off.

We don't know whether the driver was remorseful or trying to apologize at the time of the event. Probably not so much after having the mirror smashed off.

On the other hand, I know the type you're talking about, but generally speaking, I've probably had 50% of the people I honk at wave or pull up and apologize for changing lanes into me. At the end of the day, they're nobody to me and I forget about them within the next 5-10 mins going down the road, but the gesture is appreciated.

In a car, I may receive acknowledgement 5% of the time (couple times a year).

Last edited:
the biker over reacted. biker moved over on to the shoulder. good. all he needed to do was also roll out of the gas and fall behind, but chose otherwise.

I wouldn't even call that a close call. its a not uncommon event... being in the blind spot - that req'd defensive riding. For me its usually the mini vans.

Last edited:
Thing is, within 3 seconds of making the mistake, the car was being kicked and mirror smashed off.

We don't know whether the driver was remorseful or trying to apologize at the time of the event. Probably not so much after having the mirror smashed off.

The car never even backed off man, that's enough of a sign that the operator was not.

There was actually a time where some kid in a modded Lancer X nearly merged into me. I sped up to get out of the way and gave him the finger. He sped up and started waving at me apologetically. I waved back to say sorry for the finger.

That's the kind of world I'd like to live in...not this **** where a driver accidentally merges into a rider, doesn't back off the merge, and still holds his position after the rider is kicking his door. I mean, for ****'s sake, he could have seriously injured that rider.

I completely get your perspective btw and I would never react the way that rider did as it'd put myself in danger. But if we aren't in vehicles I'd have zero restraint on beating the ever living **** out of a remorseless dirt bag like that....especially with all the mainland Chinese come here with mommy/daddy's money and not realizing their actions have consequences.

Heck, I put my runners on some BMW's door yesterday while jogging because apparently stop sign means "hit a pedestrian and then stop."

Last edited:
This is exactly why some people like hearing about bike crashes. Rider was the bigger twat of this exchange; bad positioning, way too aggressive etc. What is it with bikers that feel so entitled? Ride defensively, it's much more enjoyable. Yeah the SUV made a bad lane change, but if this scenario gets that kind of reaction, do the world a favour and buy a bus pass. Clearly the biker is too incompetent to live long on two wheels anyway. You'd be amazed how easy it is for someone not to see a bike in their side mirror so ride accordingly

Thats why theres a little thing called a "shoulder check" so you can see if theres something in your blind spot. :rolleyes:

not saying his reaction was correct , but perhaps in the heat of the moment he was just kicking the vehicle to alert the driver to his presence.

bingo!!!!

Who rides in that lane position with so much room behind and for that long?

You have to plan for stupidity. Why he somewhere you know is a bad spot?

I’m sure the driver panicked and didn’t know what to do after it happened.

Sometimes they are arrogant idiot drivers and be angry at the motorcycles because “they came out nowhere” or “ I didn’t see them”.

Driver mess up for sure. Biker? Over reaction and easily avoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The SUV from what I can see really did everything correct, car to his left got ahead of him, SUV then signaled and proceeded to move over one lane, bike was probably in the blind spot, and SUV just did not see him, I don't see anything done by the SUV to be intentional.

No. The driver didn’t check their blind spot. That’s why they didn’t see him. Not because the biker was riding in the blind spot, but because the moron in the SUV didn’t check.

If you signal and then change lanes without doing a quick check over your shoulder, you’re at fault, and an @$$hole driver. We hear it all the time. “I didn’t see you.” That’s because you weren’t even looking, idiot.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/official-mto-drivers-handbook/level-two-road-test#section-4

Last edited:
No. The driver didn’t check their blind spot. That’s why they didn’t see him. Not because the biker was riding in the blind spot, but because the moron in the SUV didn’t check.

If you signal and then change lanes without doing a quick check over your shoulder, you’re at fault, and an @$$hole driver. We hear it all the time. “I didn’t see you.” That’s because you weren’t even looking, idiot.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/official-mto-drivers-handbook/level-two-road-test#section-4

lmfao, exactly. I don't know how anyone could say the SUV "did everything correct" while nearly blindsiding a biker... checking your blind spot is driving 101.

lmfao, exactly. I don't know how anyone could say the SUV "did everything correct" while nearly blindsiding a biker... checking your blind spot is driving 101.

Yeah, this is day 1 driving school stuff and it's unacceptable. I've had this happen to me too. Most are apologetic, but I had one woman in an XC90 that nearly drove me off the road I was in a car, so I mashed the brakes and got on the horn; she flipped me off and brake checked me in fast lane 401 traffic because I honked. The lessons here are:

1. It happens often so be ready.

2. Forget about the drivers. Some are trying their best but are unskilled, some are skilled but distracted or made a mistake, and maybe a very small %age are psychos that i'd rather not deal with. There is no good that can come out of confronting the driver; just thank the deity of your choice that you live to ride another day and move on with life.

That said, like our Chinese friend mentioned above, few things pinch my chode the way unapologetic or ignorant (stare ahead) drivers do.

油井緋色;2571895 said:
Would you rather they follow the guy and beat them to death instead?

Look, I have massive anger management and rage issues. I'm fully aware of this. But bottom line is that if a driver almost hits me (and therefore could have caused grave injury or death), and refuses to even look at me in the eye and apologize (happens always), I am going to get immensely ****ing raged.

Sure, lets all pretend we are saints, never get angry, and are perfect human beings...but I'm not. I have learned to control my rage by blaming myself if someone comes close to hitting me for not foreseeing. But if I ever actually get hit off my bike and I am well enough to stand....I'm going to have to buy new gloves after.

How did you make that connection from my statement? Apparently rage issues aren't the only thing you need to work on lol. You know, most people probably would get ****** off, but manage to keep it within a reasonable honk of the horn, finger gesture, etc. You actually don't have the right to throttle somebody because of a traffic error but I'm sure you know that. Just like I'm sure you know that one of these days, you'll likely run into somebody that isn't intimidated by some whiney punk, self-entitled biker that thinks they have the right to attack over a traffic transgression. I wonder if that's why the mirror-kicking pussies always race away after? lol

Thats why theres a little thing called a "shoulder check" so you can see if theres something in your blind spot. :rolleyes:

And feel free to continue riding with the assumption people will see you. Best of luck!

Just like I'm sure you know that one of these days, you'll likely run into somebody that isn't intimidated by some whiney punk, .

Yes I hear apologizing with a side of maple syrup strikes fear in the hearts of people

Last edited:

Your assuming the driver did not check, perhaps they did, and did see the bike, perhaps they checked a second or two earlier and didn’t see the bike, signaled and moved over, it’s not like the bike was at drivers door but further back, back enough that when he went to kick the SUV he kicks the rear quarter, he’s not even past the rear tire, he was actually far enough back as far as I can see that he probably saw the turn signal, but instead of slowing down to let a big friggen SUV into his lane and in front of him, he decides to maintain speed and not allow the SUV in, bone head move....he could have sped up, come along side the SUV and made himself more visible, he could have sped past the SUV, or he could have eased up on the throttle, let the SUV in, go around it after and be on his way...

The only thing I see is he put himself in harms way, and then damaged the persons vehicle, and then hit the throttle and sped off,,,,real tough guy.....

I ride like every car,truck etc is out to get me, I make sure as best as I can they can’t and if this happens to me as it has, I will take the high road and move on, at most yell obscenities at them, which they can’t hear anyways, and give them the finger, but to get even closer to them, no way, my life is worth more than that.

But I am sure most of my was of looking at this is based on my age, the younger guys not so much, they would rather fight, then just move on....

Last edited:
How did you make that connection from my statement? Apparently rage issues aren't the only thing you need to work on lol. You know, most people probably would get ****** off, but manage to keep it within a reasonable honk of the horn, finger gesture, etc. You actually don't have the right to throttle somebody because of a traffic error but I'm sure you know that. Just like I'm sure you know that one of these days, you'll likely run into somebody that isn't intimidated by some whiney punk, self-entitled biker that thinks they have the right to attack over a traffic transgression. I wonder if that's why the mirror-kicking pussies always race away after? lol

lmao. yup, never under estimate your opponent. could be a huge mistake.

showing your anger is the biggest shame. keep thinking instead.

Your assuming the driver did not check, perhaps they did, and did see the bike, perhaps they checked a second or two earlier and didn’t see the bike, signaled and moved over, it’s not like the bike was at drivers door but further back, back enough that when he went to kick the SUV he kicks the rear quarter, he’s not even past the rear tire, he was actually far enough back as far as I can see that he probably saw the turn signal, but instead of slowing down to let a big friggen SUV into his lane and in front of him, he decides to maintain speed and not allow the SUV in, bone head move....he could have sped up, come along side the SUV and made himself more visible, he could have sped past the SUV, or he could have eased up on the throttle, let the SUV in, go around it after and be on his way..

Watch the video again. Like most drivers, this one thinks that a blinker gives right of way, but it doesn’t. It indicates what you want to do. The driver puts on the blinker and immediately moves over. No hesitation at all.

Mirror, blind spot, blinker, blind spot, move when safe to do so. Not blinker while simultaneously changing lanes.

This SUV driver is a bad driver. Period. Gives no f***s at all. I’m not saying how the biker rides or reacts are correct, but the driver in the SUV is not in the right. But right of way doesn’t mean sh*t when you’re on a bike.

This is guy is lucky it was only an SUV and not a Prius.

Back
Top Bottom