Smart Helmets... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Smart Helmets...

Ashtonator

The ones with HUD, cameras, built in speakers and ....

Are there any currently available for purchase?

Everything i find is some kind of gofundme campaign type promise in the future.

Anything available for purchase now?

Skully tried on Kickstarter several years ago, got a ton of funding and then a couple years later announced nobody was getting ****. Looks like there are a bunch more since then as you said, one going now.

"Company funds were allegedly used for the brothers’ personal expenses, including apartment rent, grocery and restaurant bills, two Dodge Vipers, a rented Lamborghini, $2,000 spent at a strip club, and $2,345 worth of paintings. Other outlays described in the suit, including expensive conference trips, phones, and several motorcycles, could conceivably be defended as business expenses."

Yeah so now Skully Fenix AR issupposed to ship in summer at $1,899 US but as you guys both mentioned, you cant trust anyone anymore.
Plus this being a tech item, im sure the first few itterations will be plagued with issues.
Hence why i was wondering if there is a smart helmet out and rider tested already to purchase.

Seems like the waiting game continues

OPP will probably decide they don't like them
tell the Gov to change HTA because they don't like them

The problem is that as soon as one comes out with a big enough screen someone will find "an inelegant but effective solution" (@JZ67) to watch movies or videos on it while they're riding.

The problem is that as soon as one comes out with a big enough screen someone will find "an inelegant but effective solution" (@JZ67) to watch movies or videos on it while they're riding.

lol with an auto popcorn feeder under the chin skirt!

Personally I would wait till a reputable manufacturer comes out with a helmet with HUD. Skully is a good example of why you cannot trust the start ups. The only helmet I have seen with a HUD that looked properly functional was a BMW helmet that was shown a few years back but has never been produced for sale.

[video=youtube;Vkhp8Z1IloQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkhp8Z1IloQ[/video]

Back
Top Bottom