Purchasing out of the city | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Purchasing out of the city

I guess I have been lucky all these years. Bought busa #2 down in Binghamton. Had a friend go check it out. He said he wouldn’t buy it because it had a tiny ding in the tank. I did buy it and it was fantastic. Zero issues the entire time I owned it.

i bought a cbf1000 in Ottawa without going to see it first. Had a couple phone conversations with seller, lots of pics, rode out on the back of my sons bike,( I DO NOT recommend 3.5 hours on the back of a DRZ400 in 7 celcuis) ....slapped on a plate and rode it back.

my street triple r I bought in Quebec. Again, a couple phone convos with seller, lots of pics,drove out and picked it up. It was November so....I did a LOT of due diligence for the Quebec purchase due to thier selling salavaged bikes.

Bought my my current busa about 3.5 hours away from me. Some pics, I don’t think I spoke with dude on the phone beforehand, I can’t remember, and the bike was just as described. I’m not making more trips than needed for a bike.

You can can get a sense of a person from thier pics, ad writing and how they communicate with you. If someone is being a DB or tiresome in thier communication, I move on. There are a lot of bikes for sale and new one coming up every day.

All my far away bikes were terrific, no problems whatsoever.

I even bought busa #1 from a guy in Hamilton that I stopped to look at it coming back from a ride down south. I bought his busa, left my cbr at his house,and rode the busa home. Same day. He hung onto my cbr and I went back and picked it up the next weekend. Lol. Could have gone horribly wrong so easily though.

I guess i have have been very lucky or something I try not to make it overly complicated, time consuming and at least a little cost efficient.

You can can get a sense of a person from thier pics, ad writing and how they communicate with you. If someone is being a DB or tiresome in thier communication, I move on. There are a lot of bikes for sale and new one coming up every day.

Exactly ....

Back
Top Bottom