Rob's wife sues Doug | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rob's wife sues Doug

Blackfin

Site Supporter
I can see how as the executor, Doug might have resisted passing down Rob's estate to Renata out of concern that she'd waste it on her dependencies. If that's the story then the question is if that's a legitimate reason for withholding someone's inheritance.

Anyone know?

Don’t know the facts. Just got to wonder about the timing.

Someone looking for money from someone running for office.

Is it legit or a shakedown or a little bit of both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see how as the executor, Doug might have resisted passing down Rob's estate to Renata out of concern that she'd waste it on her dependencies. If that's the story then the question is if that's a legitimate reason for withholding someone's inheritance.

Anyone know?

I would guess that would be for a court / someone else to ultimately determine - not the one holding the bag.

Don’t know the facts. Just got to wonder about the timing.

Someone looking for money from someone running for office.

Is it legit or a shakedown or a little bit of both?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's obviously both. It's a reputable law firm, they wouldn't draw up a sham suit just to extort him. But they're certainly trying to turn popular opinion against him for the sake of expediting their claim.

Those are pretty straightforward observations.

The less obvious one is how much of Doug's motivation is selfgishness, and how much is it protection of Rob's kids?

Some interesting points in the filing, one of them--Deco has not been profitable for the last 7 years, the lawsuit claims Doug and Randy have been funnelling trust money from their late father's estate into the business to keep it afloat. How is that for business acumen...

Reading through it all, if true (even some) there will be some fraud charges coming...

Globe and Mail article said that Ford is running on a Family man and businessman ticket. This lawsuit challenges both of those. All very swampy.

It's obviously both. It's a reputable law firm, they wouldn't draw up a sham suit just to extort him. But they're certainly trying to turn popular opinion against him for the sake of expediting their claim.

Those are pretty straightforward observations.

The less obvious one is how much of Doug's motivation is selfgishness, and how much is it protection of Rob's kids?

Too many questions. Reputable firms are not necessarily ethical firms. They will kick you when you're down or vulnerable. I speak from personal experience.

Being an executor for a troubled family is a job from hell especially if the estate is linked to the executor's involvement with a family business. It's hard to let someone sink only their half of the boat.

Everyone dies at some time. Be prepared and have all the bases covered. If there is a concern about the survivors ability to handle money set up a trust. Be explicit.

Doesn't matter if they are a reputable firm or not. If they are liberal or NDP they'll do whatever they can to have their party win.

Doesn't matter if they are a reputable firm or not. If they are liberal or NDP they'll do whatever they can to have their party win.
Nthing to do with Conservatives demonstrated ability to always shoot themselves in the foot, obviously.

This is what the Ford clown show is all about. Buckle up for the next four years.

Like everything else, innocent until proven guilty.
I'd say the same thing if Wynne was on the hot seat or anyone else for that matter.
Allegations ALONE mean nothing as we have seen so many false accusations recently proven in court

Seems like it was timed to pressure for a settlement, and if that didn't work then the claimant would not lose any sleep over any potential damage to Doug's reputation. Could there be political string pulling behind the scenes? Absolutely, but it would have been more effective a week ago

Well, it ain't easy to run a business in Ontario, I'll tell you that. All that beaucracy (sp?) you have to fight to make a profit. Plus with Liberal party in power for 15 yrs, the price of hydro has gone up along with everything with it. That's exactly what the Ford's has been fighting for since day 1.

Looks like ON will continue to get the government they deserve (vote in), term after term.

Here's the thing: a small cabal of cons put this clown in as their choice of candidate, not the people of Ontario.

Ontarians were clearly tired of the Wynne Liberals and the Progressive Conservative party had a perfect opportunity to put someone at the helm that had integrity, intelligence, proven leadership acumen, an impressive oratory and a workable platform. Instead they decided that the next premier was going to be a low-brow Trump effigy, a clown and a buffoon with more proverbial skeletons in his closet than John Wayne Gacy.

Ontarians were hosed by the radical wing of the PC party of Ontario. If this twat forms the next administration it won't be the fault of Ontarians; look instead to the Trumpistas hiding in the "progressive" conservative party for blame. Indeed, it could be argued that the same retards that put Hudak and Brown in charge were responsible for the previous easy Wynne victories...

Back
Top Bottom