Haugen's bike meet **NOT** back up and running for the summer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Haugen's bike meet **NOT** back up and running for the summer

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Mod Edit: I checked with Haugens and the meets are **NOT*** Back up. (Still a decent Chicken and Ribs though.)

Not exactly touring but still a nice Thursday cruise and it will stay visible a bit longer.

haugenlogo2.gif

I think I need a feed of ribs before I go to Australia.

db_111.jpg

Haugen's Motorcycle Cruise-Ins
This highly anticipated weekly summer event has resumed and Haugen's Chicken & Ribs Barbeque in Manchester, Ontario has once again become a popular Thursday night destination

Photos by Mike Lynch

Kicking off this year on May 26th, the cruise-in bike nights will run through September 22nd this year. All bikes are welcome, its free and it starts at 5pm. Bad weather may force them to to cancel their DJ and door prizes, but they always block off the cruise area for the bikes and crank the house music. Some of their best nights started out rainy! Upwards of 1500 bikes have shown up at the cruise-in and the night has many regulars. A great place for that summer evening ride with good friends and great food, roving reporter Mike Lynch states "I went to HAUGENS BBQ up in Manchester Ontario, north of Whitby where a large bike cruise in gathering has taken place for the last few years every thursday nite. Here are few pictures of some bikes that caught my eye..."

http://www.bikerhotline.com/eventcoverage/2011/11_haugens_bbq_bike_night_mike_lynch/

Maybe a nice post election feed on the 7th.

Good ride for newer riders wanting an out of the GTA excursion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Haugen's bike meet back up and running for the summer

Better check with the establishment. I think bike nights are no more at Haugen's. Your quoted post refers to Thursday May 26, 2016.

via Tapatalk

They tweeted in 2017 that 2016 was the last year of bike nights.

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/HaugensBBQ/status/880583516324601857[/FONT]

They tweeted in 2017 that 2016 was the last year of bike nights.

https://twitter.com/HaugensBBQ/status/880583516324601857

oh, I didn't know.. I wonder why?

anyway, you can always drop down the road to the Port Perry Timmies for the meet and greet that goes on always there.

Sound like a plan ...really need to get some short rides in before I bugger off to Oz and just can't seem to break out.
All dressed up and no place to go :(

eZjfG48E4btMhWqk82PjZdcdTbU_QS5JLZSxDYgGch2hi5MNriVvHgXjHl1jA35w59syA2w-UdBRHTlaNYkU_NXZrXwya5NXI_y95yepBd8Nya9lUETB7Ba5UOJgJ_RwVXQvGX_lUc6WcmHgh7yqSR0t-MJv3JYoUarD92Ib5M2FUVssPTsVoftVIfHLft74md2GNh1TBzEU6teT4TXGTXALbD7ISn6dF35S7MVvxYrP7wTzd4pGlSmgjZAL-l79yTNNDqtu3qfgg9mfETptpivulCbd9QsoWkUbtuk2S-otbYtCqP29L_s6r7v51EMklYcK3EXR9gYFfJLEA5PP91FZIeZ4e6IaUclMLqpYP1h-TPFkE2-Ip_yoMwJQyfISsuKD8efmKfXwJaKikk_R3sZOTpXkynUKLFdGcJFdo18EVWgzAfF-zuwZoo1vzA_WKkHgKEpO8pAKfLIW0pdZgAK_tHFYaxubOZA9nl1Yr68LlTPl5spG3Ij7rEFpTvjrxctW5RFkOpeEoxDeQhZKSCFwmWWANe4yKxoFLKoFEfIf9-w-DV6CXZj7-HQ5s6QtKEzZnKlopp5rRxSZ2_4up6le2q-8y_87tivvLtjP=w922-h674-no

Sound like a plan ...really need to get some short rides in before I bugger off to Oz and just can't seem to break out.
All dressed up and no place to go :(

eZjfG48E4btMhWqk82PjZdcdTbU_QS5JLZSxDYgGch2hi5MNriVvHgXjHl1jA35w59syA2w-UdBRHTlaNYkU_NXZrXwya5NXI_y95yepBd8Nya9lUETB7Ba5UOJgJ_RwVXQvGX_lUc6WcmHgh7yqSR0t-MJv3JYoUarD92Ib5M2FUVssPTsVoftVIfHLft74md2GNh1TBzEU6teT4TXGTXALbD7ISn6dF35S7MVvxYrP7wTzd4pGlSmgjZAL-l79yTNNDqtu3qfgg9mfETptpivulCbd9QsoWkUbtuk2S-otbYtCqP29L_s6r7v51EMklYcK3EXR9gYFfJLEA5PP91FZIeZ4e6IaUclMLqpYP1h-TPFkE2-Ip_yoMwJQyfISsuKD8efmKfXwJaKikk_R3sZOTpXkynUKLFdGcJFdo18EVWgzAfF-zuwZoo1vzA_WKkHgKEpO8pAKfLIW0pdZgAK_tHFYaxubOZA9nl1Yr68LlTPl5spG3Ij7rEFpTvjrxctW5RFkOpeEoxDeQhZKSCFwmWWANe4yKxoFLKoFEfIf9-w-DV6CXZj7-HQ5s6QtKEzZnKlopp5rRxSZ2_4up6le2q-8y_87tivvLtjP=w922-h674-no

When you off to Oz? Want to go for a boot about in Prince Edward County? Maybe meet up with that reprobate that lives near Belleville?

Might be a good idea if the weather stops being March again.

I live 10kms away from Haugens.

I had thought the bike nights were done BUT this past week it was busy on my highway, classic cars Wednesday and tons of bikes Thursday. So I assumed these nights were back on.

I'll pay attention tonight when I cut grass, and tomorrow I'll take a boot up there if I see a lot of bikes heading there and report back.

Hey Jay can I borrow your bike????? Lol

I live 10kms away from Haugens.

I had thought the bike nights were done BUT this past week it was busy on my highway, classic cars Wednesday and tons of bikes Thursday. So I assumed these nights were back on.

I'll pay attention tonight when I cut grass, and tomorrow I'll take a boot up there if I see a lot of bikes heading there and report back.

Hey Jay can I borrow your bike????? Lol

Bike is out of action right now, broken clutch cable(back-ordered from Yamaha). Even stole the one off the R1 hoping it would work, but no success.

Hang outside your House with some tight booty shorts on, i'm sure you'll hitch a ride..:p

Thx Jay! I was kidding (kindof). I can look for a cable in my parts bins, I'd offer for you to pilfer them but I'm scared of the reply! Lol XO.

I'm going to say that either due to weather or other things that Haugens is a no go. Should have been a ton of cars by last night, but I maybe saw 4 classics headed north.

I'll check again tonight after I vote.

I thought i read somewhere that the new "asseltines" blackstock motorsports on Regional 57 is where folks are meeting now Tuesday nights.

I thought i read somewhere that the new "asseltines" blackstock motorsports on Regional 57 is where folks are meeting now Tuesday nights.

Are they serving ribs and wings? ;-)

Are they serving ribs and wings? ;-)

Someone jump on this if they are not! Imagine how much $ you could make!

It's now called Blackstock Motorsports. these guys have done a great job taking over.

Someone jump on this if they are not! Imagine how much $ you could make!

It's now called Blackstock Motorsports. these guys have done a great job taking over.

They changed up my ice tires this spring. Happy with the price and service.

So......is there a bike meet at Asselstines?

why did the meets stop at haugens? I hadn’t gone for years and years but wondering anyway.

Back
Top Bottom