Arctic Cat Ram Rod | GTAMotorcycle.com

Arctic Cat Ram Rod

Lord Letto

Interesting find on Kijiji, didn't know Arctic Cat made a bike back in the day: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-...ke/1359910206?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
$_59.JPG

Super rare survivor! These are next to impossible to find, and this is a one owner (me!) unrestored (but needs it!) diamond in the rough. These things are super hot in the states.It will be at the Barrie Flea market,In Gold 2, O6 & 07...June 7-10.

That's a cool bike and they are really easy to restore -- but not cheap.

He took such good care of it he thinks it's now worth :lmao: 1750$

Love that he took the time to stage a decent photo (or two or three...) Or not; that huge cardboard box flap looks great. Probably hiding the torn-apart rear end.

I dabbles with these when my kids were little. Bought them a couple of Canadian Tire Bajas - after about 3 weekends they were returned to CTC - worst piece of junk-with-a-motor I ever owned.

I went back 30 years and bought a Arctic Cat SSCAT and a Rupp Roadster in a packaged deal for a few hundred bucks. Spent another few hundred and for the price of 2 CTC Bajas I had a couple of antiques. The kids pounded the crap out of the old iron for years (compared to the Bajas that lasted 3 weekends).

I saw some crazy prices for restored minibikes so I thought I'd restore mine. Generic parts are cheap, OE parts are crazy expensive. A complete resto on a bike like this can cost $2K easy -- then you have a bike that sells for $1500-2000. The prices you see people asking for these bikes are a far cry from what they actually sell for. I sold the Rupp for $1200 (lost about $800 and tons of hours). The best offer I got for the SCAT was $1500, I parted out the Scat and got about $2400 - $1000 was for NOS OE saddlbags that were never installed. I got another $800 for the rebuilt Saxonette and about $600 more for the the other parts.

You can't make money restoring these. If the bike in the ad cost $1, you still couldn't make a dime on a resto. That said, it was fun fixing them up for the kids to play with -- they had a ball and got the same experience I had on a Rupp when I was 12.

I dabbles with these when my kids were little. Bought them a couple of Canadian Tire Bajas - after about 3 weekends they were returned to CTC - worst piece of junk-with-a-motor I ever owned.

I went back 30 years and bought a Arctic Cat SSCAT and a Rupp Roadster in a packaged deal for a few hundred bucks. Spent another few hundred and for the price of 2 CTC Bajas I had a couple of antiques. The kids pounded the crap out of the old iron for years (compared to the Bajas that lasted 3 weekends).

I saw some crazy prices for restored minibikes so I thought I'd restore mine. Generic parts are cheap, OE parts are crazy expensive. A complete resto on a bike like this can cost $2K easy -- then you have a bike that sells for $1500-2000. The prices you see people asking for these bikes are a far cry from what they actually sell for. I sold the Rupp for $1200 (lost about $800 and tons of hours). The best offer I got for the SCAT was $1500, I parted out the Scat and got about $2400 - $1000 was for NOS OE saddlbags that were never installed. I got another $800 for the rebuilt Saxonette and about $600 more for the the other parts.

You can't make money restoring these. If the bike in the ad cost $1, you still couldn't make a dime on a resto. That said, it was fun fixing them up for the kids to play with -- they had a ball and got the same experience I had on a Rupp when I was 12.

I had a Rupp 440 Nitro snow machine in the 70's. It was made in North Bay On. At the time it was the fastest thing on the snow.

Back
Top Bottom