Airbrushing Helmet? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Airbrushing Helmet?

NightShark

I was thinking of getting a custom design done on my current helmet. My helmet is a Shoei with some graphics on it.

Has anyone send their helmet out to get custom airbrushing (of whatever method is good) design done? If so please suggest some places and maybe help me with an idea of what I think I should be expecting to pay.

Thanks!

most here will probably tell you not to for safety reasons
solvents in the paint weakening the shell etc

most here will probably tell you not to for safety reasons
solvents in the paint weakening the shell etc
Painting a helmet voids it's regulatory certification, not because paint reduces product safety, it's because paint can obscure repairs, scuffs or cracks that would normally void the product's certification.

Many better quality helmets are painted. I wouldn't be worried about the solvents in the paint, their bite is less than 1 micron (1/1000") -- to small to be of concern.

Quite a few MotoGP riders have custom painted lids , and they seem to fall off more often at higher speeds than most of us. I wouldn't loose much sleep over a painted helmet.

If I was getting any custom painting done, I would not take it to anyone except Black Widow.

Note: my bike was already painted when I bought it, to the best of my knowledge, Black Widow did not airbrush my bike.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

If I was getting any custom painting done, I would not take it to anyone except Black Widow.

Note: my bike was already painted when I bought it, to the best of my knowledge, Black Widow did not airbrush my bike.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

What's their website?

Back
Top Bottom