Kathleen Concedes - Will Liberals lose Official Party Status? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kathleen Concedes - Will Liberals lose Official Party Status?

This morning Wynne conceded the election to her opponents. She is still asking for votes, her only hope is to retain 8 seats otherwise the Liberal lose their standing and funding as an official party.

Can she do it?

I don't think she can; the quasi concession speech was fatal I think. I think it'll push potential liberal voters to vote either NDP or PC in a bid to ensure the lesser evil gets through... at least that's what it did for me.

Is Ford really going to fire 40,000 teachers and nurses?

Will Horwath really let the unions strike indefinitely without back to work legislation?

Last edited:
Of course not. They will all back track after winning. Just a question of how much. Has Ford given a costed/realistic idea of his promises yet?

Is Ford really going to fire 40,000 teachers and nurses?

Will Horwath really let the unions strike indefinitely without back to work legislation?

sure , just like Hudak was going to axe 100k civil servants, what a bunch of collective dribble. The last time they trimmed nurses , it got soooo much better, they should have at it again. I'm not sure we have teachers standing around all afternoon with no kids to look after and instruct, he just needs to stop talking.

Let em burn!!! I used to think of myself as a Liberal.....decades ago. Now I don't subscribe to any particular party.
You were probably a "classical liberal" which is quite different in definition what a liberal is now. Things have shifted quite left & is not the same as before.

A progressive conservative in Canada is still more left of a Democrat in the US.

You were probably a "classical liberal" which is quite different in definition what a liberal is now. Things have shifted quite left & is not the same as before.

A progressive conservative in Canada is still more left of a Democrat in the US.
What universities have done to classical liberalism should be criminal.

Today's liberals live in an unrealistic world and the moment you challenge them you're a *insert whatever word you want here*ophobe

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

What universities have done to classical liberalism should be criminal.

Today's liberals live in an unrealistic world and the moment you challenge them you're a *insert whatever word you want here*ophobe

Dont blame the universities....the kids are the same when they get here from high school. The university environment might reinforce those thoughts but they definitely have them when they arrive.

She may just decide to make a comeback now.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...lleging-he-has-deprived-them-of-millions.html

If you will F over your own family you will F over anyone.

If Kathleen was smart she would run with this as an 'I told you so' thing and climb back into the ring. She has nothing to lose now.

Do not count her or the Liberals out. She is crazy like a fox. Her latest commercials (scare tactics) of trying to drum up liberal support, to ensure the NDP and PC’s do not get a majority, may actually see the Libs win with a minority. People do not want the Libs, but are also scared of the others getting a majority. So some (many) may try to be strategic. Problem is, if too many do it, the Libs win.

Do not count her or the Liberals out. She is crazy like a fox. Her latest commercials (scare tactics) of trying to drum up liberal support, to ensure the NDP and PC’s do not get a majority, may actually see the Libs win with a minority. People do not want the Libs, but are also scared of the others getting a majority. So some (many) may try to be strategic. Problem is, if too many do it, the Libs win.

Actually, I think it’s a dumb gamble by Wynn....people will see the liberals as dead ducks and go for one of the other two and I think traditional liberals are more likely to side with the NDP. I saw reports that many of her candidates were pretty mad at what she did.

Take it from someone fresh out university: a lot of courses are basically propaganda.

When I got to university I had a completely different mindset than when I was in highschool.

When I got out of university I realized how many ideas I and a lot of peershad radicalized due to the institution.

When I was in second year university I noticed liberal thought getting more and more crazier.

I was once told "white people can't be discriminated against" in my HUMAN RIGHTS class. And I believed it at the time because I was so institutionalized.

Dont blame the universities....the kids are the same when they get here from high school. The university environment might reinforce those thoughts but they definitely have them when they arrive.

Last edited:
Take it from someone fresh out university: a lot of courses are basically propaganda.

When I got to university I had a completely different mindset than when I was in highschool.

When I got out of university I realized how many ideas I and a lot of peershad radicalized due to the institution.

When I was in second year university I noticed liberal thought getting more and more crazier.

I was once told "white people can't be discriminated against" in my HUMAN RIGHTS class. And I believed it at the time because I was so institutionalized.

I teach first years straight out of high school. It does get reinforced as they progress though but I think a lot of that is hive-mind rather than some kind of viet cong brainwashing. I’m also seeing more and more resistance from students to the extreme views put out by some.

Actually, I think it’s a dumb gamble by Wynn....people will see the liberals as dead ducks and go for one of the other two and I think traditional liberals are more likely to side with the NDP. I saw reports that many of her candidates were pretty mad at what she did.

Not really a dumb gamble. It’s the only chance she and the Liberals have. To try and stay in the traditional fight could mean a loss of official party status. She’s playing the Ontario voters for fools and she’s not entirely wrong. They did give her a majority last time. A lot of that had to do with Hudak opening his yap. The election was his to lose, and he managed to do it. I know a few people who voted Liberal to try and keep the PC’s from getting a majority. Look how that turned out.

That definitely wasn't my experience. In fact, I found I came out quite a lot more sympathetic to the right wing. What did you study?

No surprise. Look at what Jordan Peterson had to go through just for using logic. Also remember that Google engineer who got fired for speaking the obvious?

Here's a video where Mr Peterson is talking about universities.
https://youtu.be/PopRzt9jtao

How important are ethics on political issues?

If a person had tons of personal issues but could do the job they were hired to do, are their problems yours?

If a paroled murderer, reformed alcoholic or pedophile could balance the books and kept their mouths shut as not to attract lawsuits is there a problem?

It seems that we want a leader that is astute, witty, entertaining, cool, good looking, sympathetic, honourable, wise all rolled into one.

How important are ethics on political issues?

If a person had tons of personal issues but could do the job they were hired to do, are their problems yours?

If a paroled murderer, reformed alcoholic or pedophile could balance the books and kept their mouths shut as not to attract lawsuits is there a problem?

It seems that we want a leader that is astute, witty, entertaining, cool, good looking, sympathetic, honourable, wise all rolled into one.

I agree to some extent, but it's normal to want extraordinary people for extraordinary positions. Not every Tom, Dick and Harry should be able to get the top job in the provincial government.

I'd want someone competent over extreme adherence to ethics, but too much corruption or unethical behaviour at the top is bad business, bad politics, and creates an environment where everyone down the chain thinks it's fine to be a little shady.

I'd prefer a PC gov't over the NDP, but the PC ****ed up by getting Doug in there. I think it's been made abundantly clear by now that Doug is an idiot and now it looks like he's shady too, but I have hope that the rest of the government machinery can temper him a bit. For the party as a whole, this this stuff out there about Doug's business and family dealings might be enough to sway the election into NDP territory... then we'll really have the **** hit the fan.

Christine Elliot would've been a clean sweep, someone with an enviable CV, and that likely would've been good for the province. I'd be fuming if I was her.

Last edited:
I agree to some extent, but it's normal to want extraordinary people for extraordinary positions. Not every Tom, Dick and Harry should be able to get the top job in the provincial government.

I'd want someone competent over extreme adherence to ethics, but too much corruption or unethical behaviour at the top is bad business, bad politics, and creates an environment where everyone down the chain thinks it's fine to be a little shady.

I'd prefer a PC gov't over the NDP, but the PC ****ed up by getting Doug in there. I think it's been made abundantly clear by now that Doug is an idiot and now it looks like he's shady too, but I have hope that the rest of the government machinery can temper him a bit. For the party as a whole, this this stuff out there about Doug's business and family dealings might be enough to sway the election into NDP territory... then we'll really have the **** hit the fan.

Christine Elliot would've been a clean sweep, someone with an enviable CV, and that likely would've been good for the province. I'd be fuming if I was her.
I think the Ford family shenanigans are the biggest election issue at this moment. I'm inclined to think the plaintiffs tried extortion first, then recognized little chance for a win so they switched to character assassination AND there was a healty dose of revenge in organizing this lawsuit by former leader Patrick Brown. (Patrick Brown's sister Fiona is a partner in the law firm Renata Ford used to whip up the law suit. Hmmm...)

Don't get me wrong -- Doug Ford may well have protected the immediate Ford family and that may not have been nice for Renata -- sometimes life's a bi+ch. All accounts of Deco under Doug 15 year leadership are positive, and much of the families' fortune was built by Doug. I find it hard to believe Rob Ford's wife was so far removed from their matrimonial estate that she did nothing for the 2 years while he was dying, through probate, then the 2 years after Rob Ford died.

I think the Ford family shenanigans are the biggest election issue at this moment. I'm inclined to think the plaintiffs tried extortion first, then recognized little chance for a win so they switched to character assassination AND there was a healty dose of revenge in organizing this lawsuit by former leader Patrick Brown. (Patrick Brown's sister Fiona is a partner in the law firm Renata Ford used to whip up the law suit. Hmmm...)

Potentially... who knows...

Don't get me wrong -- Doug Ford may well have protected the immediate Ford family and that may not have been nice for Renata -- sometimes life's a bi+ch. All accounts of Deco under Doug 15 year leadership are positive, and much of the families' fortune was built by Doug. I find it hard to believe Rob Ford's wife was so far removed from their matrimonial estate that she did nothing for the 2 years while he was dying, through probate, then the 2 years after Rob Ford died.

I'm not too informed about what she did or didn't do, but it makes sense to me that Randy and Doug would look out for themselves and push her out... exactly like you said, sometimes life's a *****.

As for Doug's business dealings, I've actually heard quite the opposite... this article from 2014 has been making the rounds now that Doug is running for Premier and it doesn't paint a pretty picture:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/doug-ford-at-deco/article21067584/

They didn't want Doug Ford for mayor and now wants to be Premier? I think as said earlier, a different PC leader would have the PCs in power for sure. As sure as politics can be in hindsight.

Back
Top Bottom